Thursday's LIVE Show

amj0715

Tonight's show is definitely going to be interesting. First, we still have no definite idea of who is going home. I suspect that it will be Marcellas, but you never know how things could shake out today in the house. This week has been one of the most difficult to tell who is going home.

Chill Town (or should I say Will) is now thinking it may be best to just go along with Janelle this week so that they don't lose her allegiance. However, Boogie is determined that Marcellas goes home this week. James doesn't want to vote to evict Marcellas, which would in turn definitely turn Janelle and Howie against him. While he is not a solid member of the S6 alliance any longer, he also doesn't want to make himself a huge target for them. Danielle gave her word to Marcellas and she really doesn't want to go back on that if possible (she's thinking about the jury votes).

So who will go home this week? My guess is Marcellas, but as I stated earlier who knows what will happen between now and the live eviction tonight.

The interesting thing about this week is that there are two potentially game-altering "powers' in the BB house. The first the HG know about - the Coup d'Etat. Well they know what it is called, they just don't know what it is. If I am correct, whoever wins it (speculation is that Boogie won it) can overthrow the HOH at the live eviction and change the nominees. Also, supposedly they can hold this power for three weeks, but can only use it once. Now looking at the calendar after this eviction tonight there will have to be SIX evictions over the next 3 1/2 weeks for the finale to take place on September 12. So could Boogie hold this power until the end of the show, potentially -- or is it 3 HOH cycles that he can hold the power and they have just assumed that this means 3 weeks? If he can hold it to the end of the show Boogie and Will have a good shot at sititng next to each other in the finale. However, I think that someone will make him use it before that time, he could potentially use it to get himself and Will to the final 3 and at least one, if not both of them, into the one and two spots on finale night.

Another potential wrench that is getting ready to be thrown into this game is the recent America's Choice Text poll. Who should be Queen or King of the Prom. According to BB whoever wins this will get some sort of advantage in the HOH competition. Well technically one would assume that this would elimiate Janelle as she is the current HOH and not able to compete in tonight's HOH competition. However, her name was on the list to choose from -- so what if it is not an advantage in the actual competition per se. What if the advantage is that they have immunity for the week and can't be nominated before or after the POV competition? Or could that person be co-HOH with the person that wins the HOH competition -- even if the winner is Janelle?

Both of these things could defintely change the course of the game. Who do you think will win the Prom Queen/King advantage? How will that change the game? Any guesses?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
-- or is it 3 HOH cycles that he can hold the power and they have just assumed that this means 3 weeks?
I had wondered about that myself, so I watched it again, and Julie definitely said "the next 3 evictions" and not "next 3 weeks".

Some very good suff there and you might be right on with all. I am sure that Janelle will win the prom queen and most likey Will the king. It would be cool if the were co-HOH's. That would be very interesting. Immunnity from noms in the next eviction would be awesome too. That would SO piss off the other houseguests. Danielle would be crying her eyes out. They would all threaten to DOR.

The game is not over until it is over. Tonight should be very very interesting.

About the Prom King/Queen, in what was shown, it said King OR Queen, so it's definitely one or the other, not both. Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTloQ9CYo8w

And I imagine that if Janie is the winner but can't compete, it's possible that she will be able to pass the advantage in the HoH competition on to another houseguest of her choice, if she can't use it herself. (Like, it could be the power to eliminate someone from the HoH competition before it even starts, in which case she could use it herself.)

In any case, tonight should be the best episode this season so far. (At least I hope so!)

Well if it is indeed the next three evictions, that will still get Will and Boggie to the final 5 -- which gives them a good chance of at least one of them getting to the final 2.

And I am pretty sure there will only be one king OR one queen. I don't think they are naming a king AND queen. That is why I think it may be a co-HOH or an immunity from nomination.

How funny (and ironic) would it be if it is co-HOH and Will won America's Choice as the Prom King after he threw the HOH competition because he didn't want to win? That would just be too funny.

Although, I must admit that I am hoping that it is immunity from nomination and that Janelle wins it.

my streaks has ended. because somebody wanted to start the live show thread 10+ hours before show started :lol::lol::lol::lol:

the whole prom king and queen voting is bs. it was given that certain hg were going to win. bb producers rigging another week to protect a blonde who cant win comps on her own merits.

my streaks has ended. because somebody wanted to start the live show thread 10+ hours before show started

Sorry about that uvpnolimits! :D

I don't know what the advantage would be but it would have to be something that was fair to everyone, including Janelle as outgoing HOH, otherwise her name would not have been on the list. Why give her a chance to gain the advantage when she is unable to use it because she can't compete in the HOH competition?

Since she can't compete and they said it was an advantage in the HOH competition my only thoughts of what it could be would be co-HOH (regardless of the fact that she is the outgoing HOH) with the person who wins the HOH competition or it would be an immunity pass from nominations.

We are probably all way off base and thinking about this too much. It is probably something minor and we are reading too much into it! :unsure:

how many breaks is janelle gonna get. i think it is unfair to all the ladies and other hg in the house beside janelle who keeps getting a silver spoon handed to her. if bb wanted to give her hoh just give it to her instead of these lame twist where only she can win because she has the groupie votes on lock jmho

And that would be a double hoot!!! But in addition to all the comings and goings in the house...

(cups hand to mouth to whisper)... Morty's will be my second choice for a good time tonight!!! The membership is heated and getting hotter!!! ;)

My guess that we will have double evictions from now on until the finale, due to the number of people still in the house and the number of weeks left until the finale.

My assumption on the upcoming schedule of evictions is:

Thursday, August 17 (tonight)

Sunday, August 20

Thursday, August 24

Sunday, August 27

Thursday, August 31

Sunday, September 3

Thursday, September 7

Tuesday, September 12 (FINALE)

As of right now there are nine people in the house, which means we have to 7 evictions very quickly. Which is how I came up with the schedule. Which means from here on out every week is a double eviction week. Methinks the HG are going to be very busy over the next three weeks.

They only problem with that schedule is the black outs they had with our live feeds last year. Real Player lost a lot of business because of that. Do you think they will do live shows on Sunday too? If not then we will have live feed black outs like crazy. Good schedule but I think they have something else up their sleaves.

Well they have to get rid of 7 people in a little over three weeks. Not sure how else they will do that without havig double evictions each week.

There would have to be another major twist in the game otherwise.

BBlonde: thanks for the info re: duration of coup-power. I posted a request for that info in another thread (since I think, from the schedule, that BOTH the next two weeks must be double eviction, so if it were good for three WEEKS it would mean CT gets to F5 at least.)

amj0715: If the quotation is correct and the K/Q vote gives someone "an advantage" in the HOH comp, it can't be either a nom-pass or co-HOH.

Also, w.r.t. your first post, DO the HG's know it's called "Coup d'etat"? (I re-watched Julie's original end-of-show announcement of the new power, and though she called it that to US, once the screen behind her showed the HGs in the BY she did NOT use that phrase. Has ANYONE (LF'er or LFUpdate reader) heard/read that ANY of the HG's has used the phrase? (If they knew it, CT would definitely be discussing its possible meaning.)

As for the power itself, IF the name means what it says (and Julie DID say "the power to overthrow" the HoH AND change the noms) then technically (as in a national coup) using the power ENDS the HoH's tenure and makes the user the new HoH just before the comp for NEW HoH. Do the old rules still apply, which would mean that the one using the coup-power cannot compete but the one who was HoH for the previous week CAN?

And finally, Julie DID say that the one who won the coup-power would be told on Thursday's show, so I'll ask here another question I've asked in other threads but not gotten an answer to: DID BB tell all the HG's that the comp had been won? If so did they say MB won it?

Because MB could certainly have just TOLD everyone he won it (and if, as I read, the bell is gone, have removed the bell in the middle of the nite too - no rule I know of saying he can't :-)

I think Mike winning it is just an assumption. Everyone else except Will already gave answers anyway so from what i can tell, Mike's is the only answer given that fits all three clues.

What i think will happen on tonight's show:

Boogie will find out about his power and choose to use it to backstab Janelle. Janelle will win that prom queen thingy and get some kind of immunity from it. Once again Janelle comes out on top. That seems to be the way BB works.

In between we'll get some kind of segment on Howie's boil and the burning jenga game as well as the retro prom night.

If Boogie has indeed won it AND if he were smart (which is debatable :) ) he would save it to use later. Remember he will have to act BEFORE the live vote because he will have the ability to change the nominations. While his first impulse might be to use it now to get Janelle out, his best bet is to save it to make sure he doesn't REALLY need it later.

Wouldn't he feel like a complete idiot if he used it tonight to get Janelle out of the game, Howie win's HOH and he or Will goes home. Why not keep it at least until you see who the next two nominee's are. Marcellas and Erika going home this week doesn't really effect Chill Town too much. It would be in his best interest to hold on to it, just in case he needs it.

But this is assuming that he uses his brain and thinks about it before jumping on his first impulse. Will would probably hold it and ponder the ramifications and decide to hold it. I'm not sure Boogie has that in him!

My guess however is that he will hold onto it because he will not be able to talk to Will about it before he makes his decision.

I think that it would be MB's first instinct to put Janelle on the block. However, I don't think it is the smartest move game-wise and I don't think Will would be happy that he made the decision unilaterally.

Like I stated earlier -- his best bet would be to hold onto it and talk it over with Will and use it at a later date when it better benefits Chill Town as a whole.

Will he do that? Is he smart enough to think of it that way? (I've been told numerous times that not everyone thinks as logically as I do -- so may be he will just go with his first instict and regret it later.)

Only time will tell what he will really do when faced with the decision tonight.

no way in hell mikes overthrows anything. it would be game suicide. bb producers would have an AC choice next week and bring janelle back the following week <_< . this week it is pointless to use it.

The houseguests definitely do NOT know the name of the new power.

If you go watch the Top 20 candidate show, Mike Malin actually SAYS "Coup D'Etat" in his clip, so he knows what it means.

The houseguests were not told who won, or even that anyone DID win, although that is what they started assuming when BB took back the bell they were supposed to use to signal their intent to make an official guess in the diary room. And BB took it before Will or Marcellas made any guesses.

It seems logical that when Julie tells the winner of Coup power what it does, she will mention something like "If you choose to use this power, you will immediately become HoH and make nominations, thus making you ineligible to participate in the next HoH competition, as out-going HoH, so choose your nominations wisely."

I'm thinking that if Mike won (which he almost certainly has), then there is more chance he will hold on to the power this week and NOT use it, because Marcellas seems like a lock to go tonight anyway. If Julie doees tell him he won't be able to play in the HoH if he uses it, that might also help him decide not to use it tonight.

Just my opinion, folks.

Archived