Jerry Springer & Kym Johnson

Dade

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His motivation for doing the show was nice, to be able to dance at his daughter's wedding. He also got the two best laughs of the night......

first, asking Kym is she knows CPR, second when Bruno said he must have gone to the George Hamilton school of Dance. All in all, he was better than I expected.

Facially he reminds me a whole lot of Jerry Lewis. But, anyway, getting past the fact that he is Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! of the Jerry Springer show, he seems like a really nice guy. His concern for his partner was touching, not fake. He doesn't have a snowballs chance of winning this, but he isn't doing THAT bad.

I just HATE the 'Jerry Springer Show', but I really like him, on this show. He gives a good effort, and I liked the advice the judges gave him - to work on what he can do. He tries, even though he knows he's not very good, and that he isn't going to win. He entertains me, and I'll enjoy him for as long as he's around.

Jerry's compassion and concern towards his partner's injury is commendable, however, I hope he's gone tonight. He has no place on this show, doesn't want to be on the show anymore, and if isn't voted off, will be taking the spot of the pair who is voted off who is more deserving because he is definitely not deserving of continuing further because he can't dance and, from what I saw last night, doesn't even want to be on the show anymore. With that being said, I wouldn't be totally surprised if he's kept around just because he's Jerry Springer. Guh!

The voters seem to love Jerry Springer. He can't dance, and he's not in the bottom two. Like the judge said, he can't compete physically, so he has to concentrate on being great with his fundamentals. I don't know enough about dance to know if his fundamentals are any good, either. But he's still there, I think, because of everybody throwing him a couple of sympathy votes. Willa did great, but she was in the bottom two . Go figure.

I don't think it's gonna happen tonight, Tarman. Sorry...(lol).

I can't actually believe I had tears in my eyes when Jerry finished his waltz. Guh! I'm such a sap! Jerry did well, and I'm very happy for him. Learning the waltz for his daughter's wedding meant a great deal to him, and it showed. I think he'll be around for yet another week.

What's everyone think of his daughter? :P

ap_100.jpg

Public Smitten With 'Dancing' Springer

springer_dancing.jpg

Talk Show Host Jerry Springer rehearses his dance routine with

professional partner Kym Johnson at a dance studio in Chicago

for 'Dancing with the Stars'

Jerry Springer's latest step into the spotlight honing his moves on "Dancing with the Stars" has the public smitten with the host known for his bawdy TV talk show. Springer decided to appear on the ABC reality show to learn the waltz for his daughter's upcoming wedding.

He and partner Kym Johnson have so charmed viewers that they've avoided elimination for the last two weeks. "This is the first time I've done TV being myself," Springer told The Cincinnati Enquirer in an interview. "My TV show isn't really me or about me. I just introduce the guests and let them go at it."

Springer said he put a lot of effort into learning the waltz so he could dance it with his daughter, Katie, during her wedding in December. The waltz was featured on Tuesday's episode. "I try to do all of the dances well, but this one is more important to me," he said.

springer_vt.jpg

Kym Johnson and Jerry Springer

Springer acknowledged he's not a very good dancer. The judges ranked his tango second-worst last week, but viewers liked him far better. Half of the vote total comes from the public. "Obviously, everyone is a better dancer than I am," Springer said.

His personality seems to be winning over the audience, though. Viewers have seen the self-deprecating humor that helped Springer, 62, get elected to the Cincinnati City Council in the 1970s and serve one term as mayor. He later anchored a local TV newscast, then went on to host the "The Jerry Springer Show," infamous for its trashy topics and brawling guests.

"Most of America only knows Jerry as the guy reacting to the insanity of his TV show guests," said Jay Gilbert, a disc jockey for WEBN-FM in Cincinnati and longtime friend. "Now they're seeing the Jerry we know the self-effacing and witty guy who's worlds away from what he's most famous for."

As I watched "Jerry's Waltz" and wiped the tears I thought what a fitting tribute it would be if Katie were in the audience to watch her dad achieve his goal. When the dance ended and he walked away from Kym I first wondered why he would put so much distance between himself and his partner. When the camera panned to his daughter, I knew. It couldn't have been a more tender moment.

According to a bio I had read about Jerry recently, Katie has faced many physical challenges in her life and the way she has persevered and made something positive happen in spite of the negative obstacles thrown her way is truly inspirational.

What a touching Waltz Jerry performed last night... he did a really good job too!

I still think he should go home this week but, I doubt he will.

That was his DAUGHTER???

I thought it was probably his wife----- :blink:

Oh, well-----if he sticks around another week, at least I'll get to letch over Kym Johnson one more time, so it's not at all bad. And I have to admit, I thought he did well last night.

I must admit that I was surprised when I found myself crying at the end of his dance. Not only did I think of my own late father but Jerry was actually somewhat good at this dance. I can't believe I'm saying this but it would be a shame to see him go home this week. (Did I actually say that?)

That's the reason I posted the article above because it sort of conveyed what I've been feeling about Springer on the show. The show is actually warming me up to him as a person. I still can't stand his show but his humble sense of humor is really endearing. He makes no bones about his lack of dancing aptitude but he gives it all he can which is fabulous to any dance instructor.

He did do a touching waltz this week but, I'm a little irked at him.

Last week he asked the viewing audience to just get him through the waltz and he'd go to the judges and ask to be kicked off. So, even though he should have left 2 weeks ago because he is the "worst" dancer we (the voters) put him through that week.

Now that we did and he did... his story has changed... and he'll stay as long as we want him too??!!?? That's awfully convenient of him to get through to where we would be emotionally manipulated into keeping him around.

Guest StarBaby

FYI - to whoever was talking about Jerry's daughter and her looks, she is legally blind, so maybe it is harder for her to put on makeup, have a fancy hairdo, etc. I thought she looked a lot like her dad, so in that case, you can't really deny your genetics.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name