Emmit Smith & Cheryl Burke

Dade

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull those shoulders back, flash those tails, and you go guy!

A very dear friend, who would be about 95 if she were still alive, had a phrase:

"He can park his slippers under my bed anytime."

When I think of that 3 months with Dr. Will (Dr. Delicious) -- it doesn't come close to the last 3 minutes watching Emmit and his lady.

mmm, mmm, mmm

that's good dancin' -- that makes me feel good.

Okay, he was tired, he had a bad week, whatever.

Still not as bad as Jerry, tho.

It must be his week to be picked on by the judges.

Let's hope it's a rise and shine next time.

Don't you make me slide over to the Mario team, Emmit!

Don't you do that.

Okay, so no waltz yet. I don't think they're in any danger but this paso doble wasn't their best performance. Emmit was the strong and powerful partner he needed to be, yes, but he seemed to be trying to remember his next steps rather than enjoying the dance itself.

I wasn't disappointed, just still waiting for a better match. I guess I prefer the teddy bear to the bull.

Did anyone else notice last night that there seems to be a little less of the teddy bear than there used to be? It looked to me like all of these weeks of dance and travel have started to thin him down a little or at least shift things around. Its definitely a different type of exercise than football.

I think Emmitt looked very robotic last night. He did well, but he did look very stiff and kind of unsure of himself, perhaps, like Katydidit said, because he was trying to remember his steps. I'm sure the traveling back and forth between Dallas and LA is starting to take its toll on him, too.

I guess I prefer the teddy bear to the bull.

At the risk of quoting myself, please allow me to amend that line.

Tonight's show gave me re-glimpses that urge me to say ...

I am sure I prefer the hot teddy bear to the mechanical bull. I've never known a bull who could hug the way that bears hug.

I am no judge of dancing. I never watched his feet. I was too busy watching that wonderful smile, that called-for attitude, and those powerful eyes. Didn't see that package elsewhere last night.

p.s. It doesn't really belong in this thread but I do want to add that I thought Willa was SO pretty, romantic, magical. Called to mind Vanna White, and what she would dance (if she had the chance) for her fans.

Guest StarBaby

Agree with both Rejuvenated and Tarman. I just fell in love with Emmit tonight --what a great dance, and he definitely should have gotten a ten or maybe more than one ten. How could they sit there and tell him how much better he was than any of the others, but not reward it in his score? I loved seeing him with his family, and hearing how important it was to him to go home and see his kids, watch their games, etc. Great guy! (and I am so NOT a Dallas Cowboys fan, but gotta give props to Emmit).

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name