Mario Lopez & Karina Smirnoff

Dade

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the guy to beat . . . at least, in Latin dances. However, I reserve my judgment for his debut in ballroom dancing. Often the dancers that excel in Latin don't always translate that talent into the smoothness of other ballroom dances. If he can continue to be as smooth in Waltz as he was sharp in Latin, keep your eye on this guy!

I will be surprised if he wins. I think he is this year's Stacey. He came out of the gate and set the bar too high for himself. He has little room for improvement. Also, he is incredibly sexy, sex sells on these shows and he will definitely be a crowd pleaser. Once Stacey's sexuality became such a draw, her talent stopped and she simply sold sex. I would hate to see that become a trend. There is such sensuality in ballroom dancing, why try to sleaze it up?

The viewers will undoubtedly tune in to watch him, I know I will. And he will continue to rock the public vote; however, the judges will look for overall improvement I think.

Yes, he is GOOD! But he did set the bar high right away. I definetly think he will make it to the end...but will he win it?? Not sure! At least he has hair!

Oh we have been duped again! This little snot lied openly on the first night's show. When the host asked him after his dance if he had any previous dance experience, he stuttered and said no, he had done other things but not dance. HA HA, this is a quote from his imdb.com biography: Athletics aside, his true passion in life is dancing. He has aspirations of one day dancing at Radio City music hall in New York City.

OK, giving him the slimmest benefit of the doubt, maybe he hasn't studied dance intensely.

Kinda disappointed, especially after reading the previous post.

I don't like that they took the easy route, and decided to 'cheat' a little bit. It was clear that they knew they were, and that it was worth it. He's good enough, that he could have given the quickstep an honest effort. I think he just didn't like it, and didn't want to work on it, and thought he could just give an entertaining performance and be forgiven.

I thought their contrition, and comments about 'taking the judges comments to heart' were bull crap. They knew what they judges were going to say, before they said it, but are confidant ( cocky, imo) enough to know that the fans will love it, and still put them through.

And, that stupid Bruno -- he scolds them, and still gives them an 8!!! What's up with that?

I'm not saying Mario isn't the one to beat (he may be... but, there is a LOT of good competition this year) However, I just wanted to comment that it seems to me it was a very clever and a calculated decision to not do the quick step during a quick step competition. He's still McFeverish but, he put on one heck of a "oops, but i'm just a humble sweet guy act on" after the dance... ;) I don't think their thumbing their noses was at the quick step. I think it was calculated to keep them out of the top position. They want to stay back a spot or two so that they don't have the pressure and then the all "judging eye" to bring them down a peg or two... just a theory. :D

It doesn't bother me if he has dancing experience, as long as it's not ballroom dancing.

I don't particularly like it that Mario and Karina thumbed their noses at the rules, however, their performance was very entertaining. They're good, that's for sure. I do believe that the judges' scores, i.e., Bruno, should have reflected their comments regarding this pair's performance. I also believe that the pairs should stick to the rules and that their scores should take a huge dive if they don't, otherwise, it's not really fair to those pairs who do follow the rules of the competition. Just my two cents.

I am sorry but I just don't believe everything that is in the National Enquirer. Could be she cheated on him. Could me he never cheated. Could be true. My gut feeling is that he is not a bad guy.

It wasn't just the National Enquirer.

"Landry, Lopez Officially Kaput

by Lia Haberman

Jun 14, 2004, 12:30 PM PT

Ali Landry is ditching her other half.

On Thursday, the Doritos babe sought to terminate her blink-and-you-missed-it union to Saved by the Bell's Mario Lopez by filing for dissolution of their marriage in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Her rep acknowledged she was seeking a divorce.

It took the camera-friendly couple six years to make it down the aisle and six weeks to nix any chance of marital bliss.

Officially, the split was chalked up to irreconcilable differences. But celeb glossies reported that Landry discovered the Other Half host had cheated on her during his bachelor party in Acapulco.

According to sources in Us Weekly, Landry had been repeatedly warned about her beau's wandering eye but went through with the wedding anyway.

The done-for duo, who met at the 1998 Miss USA pageant, where she was doing commentary and he was the emcee, tied the knot at the Las Alamandas resort outside Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, on Apr. 24.

But, following the wedding, Landry was given "really strong evidence" of Lopez's infidelities.

Within two weeks, she had reportedly kicked his butt to the curb and asked the Oprah Winfrey Show, which was to feature the ceremony on a weddings episode, to cut the segment.

Now, the New York Post reports she's looking at houses in the Hollywood Hills for herself and is "spurning Mario's many efforts to reconcile their brief marriage."

Best known as Saved by the Bell's beefcake, A.C. Slater, Lopez also starred in the '95 series Pacific Blue and recently hosted America's Most Talented Kid.

Landry, a former model, recently hosted the series Spy TV and currently stars on UPN's Eve. She's best known for popping Doritos like nobody's business.

Guest StarBaby

Okay, not defending cheating AT ALL, but let's think about this. First of all, this is still just a "rumor" in my opinion. Second of all, it said he cheated during his bachelor party. Okay, how many guys have gotten so stinking drunk during their bachelor party that they get inappropriate with the strippers that were no doubt hired to be there? Not saying it's okay, but this is not the same as going out and having an affair.

All that being said, I really could care less about his personal situation. He is hot, and I like to watch him dance. Go Mario!

I don't care about his personal life. Most of these 'celebs' are somewhat messed up, as far as relationships go anyway. Kudos to the hollywood couples that make it, but even some of them have been married previously.

But I don't like how they bent the rules, because they KNEW what they were doing, and just thought they could get away with it, because they're so entertaining. And, you could make the argument that , that's what they're here to do, after all. But it is a competition, and as in any competiton there are rules. I also don't like their pseudo-contrition. They don't feel the least bit bad about what they did, because they totally got away with it. Also, he could have learned that dance properly -- I just don't think he wanted to.

But, I am most upset with the judges. They didn't score appropriately. Mario is young and strong, and obviously has natural abilities. There was no reason for him to pull what he did. He did NOT do the best that he could. As hard as these guys work, I hate to see anyone slacking off. That's why I couldn't stand Master P last year. For one thing, he sucked, and for another, he wouldn't even try.

If Mario tries anything like that again, they ought to give him zeros!

I guess Mario is the bad boy of DWTS as Will was in BB. :D

Not condoning his behavior because he moves really well and I love those dimples!

Since ballroom dancing is so formal and judged in form and difficulty, he needs to apply himself. I think he could win this thing if he gets serious and quits screwing around.

I think I must be related to this guy somehow. He's pig-headed stubborn, just like all of my family, including myself.

I don't know why he keeps doing this to himself. And the excuse that he "wanted to put on a good show for the viewers " sounds like, well, an excuse.

At least the judges started to really penalize him this week. A 6 and 2 8's when he could have had 3 nines .

Hmmm... I'm not really sure how I feel about Mario this week. They broke the rules last week and yet again this week. He had nothing to say when the judges were reprimanding them, but he did have a big 'ol smirk on his face. I think he's a smartass. Right now, I'm hoping he doesn't win. It's going to take a lot for him to win me over again, not that he cares...(lol). :lol:

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name