Joe Lawrence & Edyta Sliwinska

Dade

• 5 weeks later...

I just can't help it. Joey's bald head just didn't fit him. I understand he might be trying to reinvent himself but he does look better with hair.

I think bald is very handsome on some guys. I just was distracted from his dancing trying to find the Joey Lawrence I remember. He did dance pretty good though.

I remember an interview he did a couple years ago where he mentioned his hair. He said that that was one of the things he disliked the most about Blossom, they wouldn't let him cut his hair. Apparently he didn't like having all that. When he did American Dream, his hair was much shorter but still thick. Yeah Marty, this is clearly a shave job.

I'm thrilled that Edyta has someone she can really dance with and she gets to loosen up a bit this year.

Waaah some power poles went down last night. Seems the cable also went out for about 20 minutes. I missed Joey's dance. The cable just came on in time for me to see his high scores.

Yeah, clearly he is not balding. You could see last night, that he would have a full head of hair.

I don't mind the bald thing though. He looks so different -- still great, and no more or that 'teen heart throb' look!

What a stud he was last night! woot woot!!

I missed last weeks (saw the results show though) but, I'm sooo impressed with the caliber of dancers this year. There really isn't a clear cut winner... and I love that. Joe and Edyta's quick step was near perfection, imo. I remembered that he had some problems last week and then when they did the "practice clips" I was really worried for him but, what can I say but WOW!!! I'm definitely not capable of judging a dance competition but, even I noticed how his "cage" (I think that's what they call it...lol) was impeccable. The foot work looked amazing and I even thought to myself... man, they must have been too harsh on him last week cause this guy can dance.

Anyways, I'm glad the judges don't seem to be picking favorites and are really making constructive criticisms, positive enforcements, etc.

Looks to be a fun a season.

Joey was awesome last night! Great call by his professional partner to incorporate his tap into the performance. It most definitely worked, thus, achieving the highest scores of the evening. It was clearly evident they had a great time out there last night.

Does anyone else think Joey looked like the lil Lucky Charms leprechaun last night, or is it just me? :lol:

I loved the way they incorporated his tap dance into the dance too! They did an excellent job! Can't wait to watch this week! :lol: (Still miss the hair though)

I do miss his hair too. But...when he is done dancing, I keep waiting for him to say "Wo." I am sure he'll never say that again, but everytime i see him, I can hear him saying it. I look forward to seeing him dance again! He still looks hot, even without the hair.

Yeah, Joey and Mario might be the two best dancers on the show, but Joey messed up last night with not following one of the rules. And Mario is just hopeless, I think he's doing it now out of pure stubbornness. If they do it once, it could be an honest mistake, but twice is hard to turn your back on, especially when you've got a professional rehearsing with you. Somebody else, I can't remember if it was Monique or Willa, broke a rule also. I doubt if Joey or the girl will do it again, but Mario is just liable to-----

I really think Joey and Edyta's lift was accidental. I could be wrong, but I really don't think it was on purpose. Mario, on the other hand, knew darn good and well what he was doing. I hope Joey goes farther in the competition than Mario at this point. Joey apologized to the judges for disobeying the rules and seemed truly sincere, while Mario did nothing but smirk during his reprimand. He just pisses me off...(lol). :lol:

I've been feeling the same way Rejuv... but, I'm mad at myself for it. :lol: Because I think he's genuinely that sweet and nice of a guy and I should be happy for him but, instead he's making me gag a little... tee hee

Oh, I dunno... I think Joey is just a really, really nice guy who is respectful of the judges. I think it's just something that comes naturally for him to be sincerely thankful, and I do think he's thankful and very sincere. Not a bad strategy to use w/the judges either, whereas Mario, to me, still comes across as a smartass w/that smirk of his. Makes me wanna slap him upside the head...(lol). :lol:

Guest StarBaby

I shouldn't even say this, but tonight I couldn't help thinking that Edyta looked a bit like a cross dresser. There is just something about her that makes me not want to look at her.

The thing that really hit me last night was that we are seeing an entirely different woman this season and I don't mean just the change in hair color. Last season when she was with George, she never smiled. Maybe she was pouting for being stuck with the old guy, I don't know. But she seems to at least be enjoying this season.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name