Episode 6 - Jellyfish 'N Chips

Guest conniejoe

Guest conniejoe

Tensions flare between two tribemates when one blames the other for the tribe's loss in a Challenge.

My thoughts are that this is ULONG. I think James blaming Ibrehem.

A tribe's high morale is not enough to keep one Survivor from being annoyed by a tribemate's uselessness around camp.

The biggest slacker this season appears to be Katie over at KOROR. Both Caryn and Coby have expressed their disgust w/ her. I wonder if anyone else on that tribe recognizes that fact too.

After a miserable night in a typhoon, one Survivor has an emotional and physical breakdown.

Per the promo's, this is Janu at KOROR.

One undecided Survivor makes conflicting deals with two tribemates going into Tribal Council. Who will be next to leave the island?

Now, this one is tricky. I'm going to take a guess that ULONG looses yet another IC and has to go to TC. I think that it will be Bobby Jon who is torn between his friendship w/ Ibrehem and his alliance w/ James. Too soon to know how it's going to shake out, but either James or Ibrehem will get the boot IMO.

Alright folks, let's discuss these clues. What are your thoughts?

Guest cappy
Tensions flare between two tribemates when one blames the other for the tribe's loss in a Challenge.

My thoughts are that this is ULONG. I think James blaming Ibrehem.

I would say this is a group consensus about blaming Iberehem. Id blame him to. The challenge was so easy but thats just my opinion.

A tribe's high morale is not enough to keep one Survivor from being annoyed by a tribemate's uselessness around camp.

The biggest slacker this season appears to be Katie over at KOROR. Both Caryn and Coby have expressed their disgust w/ her. I wonder if anyone else on that tribe recognizes that fact too.

This has to come from Koror. I think its still Caryn being upset with Katie but I havent seen Caryn nor Coby doing much work either.

After a miserable night in a typhoon' date=' one Survivor has an emotional and physical breakdown.

Per the promo's, this is Janu at KOROR.

^ See above ^

One undecided Survivor makes conflicting deals with two tribemates going into Tribal Council. Who will be next to leave the island?

Now, this one is tricky. I'm going to take a guess that ULONG looses yet another IC and has to go to TC. I think that it will be Bobby Jon who is torn between his friendship w/ Ibrehem and his alliance w/ James. Too soon to know how it's going to shake out, but either James or Ibrehem will get the boot IMO.

This is tricky. Id say it is Gregg and Jenn switching from Tom, Ian and Katie to Coby and Janu and vote out Caryn but its undecided whether Caryn does finish fifth or not. Right now, Im going to have to say Steph. She seems to have friendships with everybody and if she didnt, it would be her on the chopping block and there would be no tear.

CJ, I agree with you that ULONG will be going to Tribal Council for losing the IC. :D

I have seen the episode video on the Palau web site that shows Ibrehem praying. :idea: If Allah responds to him, he will probably stay and James will go. :wink: Both seem to be doing nothing much and are not good on Challenges. :roll:

I wonder what the episode title of "Jellyfish 'N Chips" means :!: Is the Jellyfish the Reward :?: or are the Chips :?:

Guest conniejoe

Mom - There is some kind of inland lake that has jellyfish in it. These jellyfish cannot sting. It's supposed to be a beautiful, unspoiled place and very few visitors are ever allowed there.

Speculation has it that the episode title probably refers to this place. It's probably the reward and the winning tribe gets to visit this unique spot. I'm guessing that the "chips" refers to food. They probably get to eat during this visit.

Gill - I think CAPPY did the original boot list. Heh, Cappy....can you recreate it?

Does anyone have any info on the Reward or Immunity Challenges?

Koror has to have 4 tribe members sit out for each Challenge? I assume Koror wins, but how and what :?: The promo video is too fast :roll:

Ulong has to work ALL their members every time. Bet they are getting tired :!:

mom-Ian and Jenn? seem to be in the same challange(water), and tom and Gregg are both in the Gun Challange. That leaves Janu, Coby, Caryn, and Katie. The better swimmers(Janu and Coby?) would probably participate in the water challenge, while the "ground people"(Caryn and Katie?) would participate in the Gun Challange.

Water Challange-Retrieve something. Then build something? :lol:

Gun Challange-Shoot targets?

Hope that helped. :?

Im just assumed they were water people :D since Katie hasnt been shown swimming. Janu was shown swimming OK in that challange were Angie almost killed her. Coby has long legs and that helps sometimes.

Water Challange-Jenn, Ian, Janu, and Katie?

Gun Challange-Coby, Caryn, Gregg, and Tom?

I dont know which is RW and which is IM sorry.

Guest GaYToR
I wonder, if the reward challenge is Jellyfish Lake, and the winners swim during the reward, will they be awarded points for going in the water?  If so, then it could pay off to have all Koror on your fantasy team.  Even knowing that they will each lose 12 points for sitting out during a challenge they would still be getting 10 each for winning each challenge and possibly 8 each for going in.   

Any insights from anyone?

Guest GaYToR
That lake is a protected natural resource or some such thing. I read somewhere that those who visit it must wear lifejackets. If they go in the water, they are NOT allowed to swim or even tread water for fear of damaging the delicate tentacles of the unique, stingless jellyfish that inhabit the lake.

Because of this, I don't very seriously that the lake would be part of a challenge. It would be a reward....A special place to visit. Now, they may be allowed to immerse themselves in the lake w/ their lifejackets on but no swimming. At least, that's what I'm hearing.

Guest Anonymous

Ohhhhh -- not for me. Stinging or no -- having felt the sting of one of those things it would be like having bread and honey in a beehive. Shudder!!!

Great .... give Ulong BOOZE and PRINGLES (Pringles ?) on a stomach that hasn't seen any real food in ages .... and have them swim :roll:

(Stepahnie looked like she was staggering across that bridge type thing before they got in the water)

Who's bright idea was that ?

Looks like it turned out OK tho :wink: What a thrill that must have been for them :!:

Guest Anonymous

Good point Slow!! I thought of that too -- but I was so busy shuddering at the thought of swimming with those phlems lol

Guest XandraSkye
I've never understood the reasoning behind giving alcohol in the RC's since drinking dehydrates you and they probably aren't drinking enough water as it is.

Guest Anonymous

Jeff was on some show that I happened to find in my channel hopping the other day. One of the things he said concerned bringing people to their limits to discover what they are really like. This is why I like Survivor. Its a mental game where everything - from the location to the challenges AND rewards are meant to do just that -- bring people down to the very core of who they are.

This is the whole reason I've never liked Rob or Amber. When brought to that point, Rob became a desperate, clawing, backstabbing jerk and Amber was incapable of doing anything for herself. Its what made me love Rupert -- brought to this level he became even more "human". It was his gentleness that got him booted -- twice from the game.

Ulong Tribal Council James Voted Out  

----------------------------------------

(Part 1)  

Bobby Jon (Votes James): James oh James oh James man, oh shoot dude. I don