Sarah's thoughts on James' gameplay..........

Anjel

This is the second one Sarah sent. It is titled ARE YOU MY FRIENDS???

I just wanted to comment about something a great new friend wrote on my comment page. Let me start by saying I stand by my last bulletin and still welcome any and all comments. My question for a lot of you is this. Did you not send me a request asking to be my friend? Did I not take the time to add 4,000 of you to be my friend? Then how can you hate on James for what he says to and about Janelle when you are saying hurtful and majorly disrespectful things to your friend (that being me). Thank you again lil bit evil for your comment. It really meant a lot. And for those of you trying to support me no matter what, thank you. You help make my days a little brighter.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh good lord, I can't believe we are actually discussing this AGAIN this year.

James does not abuse Sarah, he clearly loves her and she clearly loves him. Family and friends will ALWAYS support their loved ones who are playing this game and justify whatever they do, whether they are back stabbing, being sore losers, crying, or acting all kinds of sexual to convince people to let them stay in that house. They want their loved one to win. They know their loved one will use every tactic in the book to win. How they act in that house is NOT a reflection of who they are outside. People who forget this is a game, and start thinking this is reality, or a reflection of who these people are, or who try to call people's places of employment to get them fired, or who are actually SCARED that James is abusive and want to get Sarah help, need to SERIOUSLY step away from their computers, and turn off their tvs.

I think it's great that Sarah posted that defending her boyfriend. Girlfriends and boyfriends are SUPPOSE to support each other. Good for her.

Not to mention, I don't see how James is playing this game all that badly. He had one melt down when CG won veto .. ever since then, his actions have made sense to me. Janie did mess his game up, he has a right to not be happy with her.

His name calling is probably just venting .. and I have a feeling he will probably regret it later -- but that's on his concious, not yours.

I just do not understand how she can compare the negative feedback she is getting, with what James is doing. She does not personally know any of the people who post on her myspace. If these things bother her coming from strangers, how in the world does she think Janelle is going to react? Just like James, Sarah seems to live in the double standard world!!!! Karma is a b**ch and just like last year James' underhandedness is going to send him right out that door.

And please don't justify his behavior, because the SOV talk crap too!!!!! Even this morning when the SOV finally figured out what James is doing, they did not make it personal!!!!

Watching the feeds and the James deciet is horrible. Even in the show last night for the viewers it is layed out. He got down in the diary room on his hands and knees and prayed to be able to vote Janelle out. They talked about his secret alliance with the Legion of Doom. What really did Janelle ever do to him. She did not vote how he wanted. She did what was best for her. So James is in an alliance against her from the beginning. His precious Danille is nominating who is best for her. (she thinks) James asked her to vote out Marcellas or Howie but she stuck with what SHE wanted to to.

There is just so much hypocricy in BB.

James will be the all time King of deciet in BB. I think he has outranked Dr. Will.

Watching the feeds and the James deciet is horrible. Even in the show last night for the viewers it is layed out. He got down in the diary room on his hands and knees and prayed to be able to vote Janelle out. They talked about his secret alliance with the Legion of Doom. What really did Janelle ever do to him. She did not vote how he wanted. She did what was best for her. So James is in an alliance against her from the beginning. His precious Danille is nominating who is best for her. (she thinks) James asked her to vote out Marcellas or Howie but she stuck with what SHE wanted to to.

There is just so much hypocricy in BB.

James will be the all time King of deciet in BB. I think he has outranked Dr. Will.

You are so right.

I still like James and hope he does well in the game......HOWEVER:

James is "supposed" to be Janelle's "friend". I can see going against his alliance and making other plans to try to win the game. That is OK in the game

What is NOT right is James constantly TRASHING Janelle PERSONALLY in BOTH the DR and to other people in the house BECAUSE he is "supposed" to be her friend. If they were enemies, fine, but you don't say things like that about your "FRIENDS".

Janelle, Howie, and Kayser figured out early this morning that James betrayed them.

Did they take it personally? NO.

Did they start trashing their "friend" and calling him names? NO.

They think of him as their friend and even though they know he plotted against them, they still care about him and had NOTHING bad to say about him and didn't take it personally.

I would hate to see their faces when they find out how PERSONAL their "friend" made his game against Janelle and all the nasty names he has called her.

What part of the game makes it necessary to call your "friend" a hooker, a fat piece of sh*t, a bar whore..etc????

How exactly is that helping him to get ahead in the game? I thiink plotting against them would have been sufficient.

James is NOT their friend. If I were Janelle, Howie, and Kayser....when I got out of the house and saw the NASTY things James said about his "friend".....that would be the LAST time I ever associated with him.

Plotting and scheming and lying and backstabbing in the game are forgiveable. I give James kudos for doing that, he needs to and it was necessary.

HOWEVER, the UNNECESSARY personal attacks James has made against Janelle, who is supposed to be his "friend" are UNFORGIVEABLE.

OK...guys flame away at me and tell me why I'm wrong and why it's OK to trash your "friends" and their reputations.

Before you say the other 3 Sovs talk bad about people...... let me just remind you..... those people they are trashing are not their friends.

It would NOT be a big deal to me if James and Janelle were NOT friends and he trashed her like that.

BUT, you just do NOT say things like that about your "FRIENDS", not for ANY reason.

If you say NASTY things like that about your "friends", what does that tell people about you?

James may lie as much as Dr. Will, but he doesn't have 1/10th of his charisma, so he's just hated.

Sara opened the doors and let e1 become her "friend" on Myspace knowing full well that she would see negative comments.

James has taken the personal attacks on Janie way too far. I don't think he ever got over last year...especially when Kay outwitted him and nominated him week 3.

James is absolutely jealous of Janie since she has been more successful than him in the modeling/acting business, but most importantly because America loves her!!

E1 keeps saying he's different outside of the house, but I believe that you cannot "act" 24 hours a day, so his true personality characteristics are there.

He is disrespectful to women. He's that way with Sara (we say this with our own eyes) & Janie.

Yea, some of it may be stress, but I believe after just listening to him for hours and hours, I believe he has issues with women.

Normally when you're in a conversation with someone, often times you're already thinking of your response, so you don't listen as well. In this case, we cannot converse with him, so my listening skills are stronger. I watch his body language & his off the cuff comments very carefully.

He has issues with women. Spin it any way you want to, but I believe this to be true.

LOL omg to ppl actually thinking James is abusing Sarah.Thats just whacked out crazy.No woman that is abused likes it or gets use to it.They may get scared and never leave that person cause things do actually get worse when they leave.BUT any woman if being abused found a way out would take it.Anyways I am done talking about this stupid topic.James does not abuse Sarah.And if he did then it would be Sarahs fault for staying with him.Just as it was mine for staying with the guy who abused me for 2 yrs.I am not saying that the guys who abusing woman isn't to blame but we're also to blame for staying with the abuser.But I SOOOOOO do not think that James (as big of an A HOLE he can be on the show) is abusing Sarah.That is just a stupid and unless you have 100% proof should not be starting such a story

Think of what Judge Judy says, when you attach your star to a loser you become a loser too. :unsure: You are who your friends are. Even though it is a reality show that still is James' personality, he's acted the same way for two seasons.

I agree, James did already call Sarah stupid last season, he clearly has a superiority complex. I was surprised they are still together because he thinks he's better than her. She thinks there's nothing wrong with his behavior this time around, what does that tell you? I'm not trying to be mean to Sarah, just some random thoughts.

I don't know what to think of James and Sarah's relationship or us even discussing it . . . but here I go . . . :P

I get what you're all saying about James sucking as friend and maybe having issues with respecting women . . . I actually asked him on his board how he was going to deal with the moral dilemma of having to eventually compete against all his alliance members, particularly the sovs and he didn't answer me directly but posted in response to somebody else he's got to be looking out for himself and Sarah first so ultimately his fellow sovs are just people he met a year ago doing a reality show. Guess maybe that's true, and on the opposite end of the spectrum is Kaysar who is so devoted to the 4 he's going home for refusing to play in pov and having to choose between them, so maybe there's got to be a happy medium or something, eh?

And then when it comes to respecting women, James says a lot of very disrespectful stuff that sometimes makes my skin crawl but has he ever said anything negative about Danielle? Well, at least the guy's got some hope, eh? Another thing on the plus side for him - he was complaining to Kaysar that Erika was flirting with him and he thought that was very disrespectful to Sarah ( :o ) . . . hipocrisy aside, at least he's got that going for him where he doesn't just thoughtlessly respond to flirting from other women, eh? I can't help but wonder whether Will's girlfriend Erin Brody is upset by Will's flirting with Janelle . . .

I don't know . . . like maybe James' good is really good so his bad is tolerable (?) I used to think Kaysar would make the best boyfriend out of the house, but he's so pig-headed and preachy - best mate award goes to George :)

Dr. Will doesn't trash anyone personally in the Diary Room. He may trash their game or laugh at their failed tactics but he doesn't call anyone names like James does. Trash talk between HGs in the house may be construed as game play but name calling in the Diary Room cannot be claimed as game play. James is nasty and bitter even in the Diary Room where it cannot be explained away as game play because no other houseguest can hear. Granted, they are baited by Big Brother to talk trash in the Diary Room but James is the worst offender. Sweet Sarah is just completed biased toward her man (as she should be).

As for the PPs who mistakenly assume that abused women would leave an abusive spouse/partner at the earliest opportunity, they simply don't understand the psychology of abuse. Just because that is what you would do, it doesn't mean that many women who have experienced a pattern of escalating absue have that kind of strength. Abusers instinctively pick women who are insecure, have a low self-esteem and are pre-disposed to accepting abusive behavior. Abuse begins with small, subtle moves such as a negative comment or light push in the chest which is backed up by the claim that "you made me to do it." I have never succumbed to or endured any kind of abuse but I do understand that not everyone is as strong or secure as I am and I do not assume that everyone thinks like me!

What do you all think of Will's flirting with Janelle? For some reason I'm more distressed watching this and thinking about how Erin Brody must feel than about James' extreme trash talking or his being condescending towards Sarah last year . . .

( . . . don't know what that says about me :lol::huh: Guess I don't really see James as boyfriend material anyway? Much like Boogie )

I am sickened by Will's flirting with Janelle for two reasons: 1) it really does call into question the quality of his relationship outside the house and that he is willing to put that on the line. I wouldn't be too concerned here except that Boogie himself has made the comment that if Erin can't handle the way Will plays inside the house, then perhaps Will shouldn't be with her in the first place. 2) and I am mostly sickened by Will's flirting with Janelle because of the way he tries to make a fool out of her. I actually think he finds her very attractive and is drawn to her, but he trivializes her and makes her look really stupid for connecting with him.

Either way, Will looks like a PIG.

Statistically speaking abused people almost never leave their spouses. That is why when a person is murdered the police ALWAYS look at the spouse first.

They passed a law in SC that says on a 2nd charge of domestic abuse, the spoused CANNOT drop the charges and the charges stick.

That being said, I am no way comparing James an "abuser" but he is controlling and he does NOT respect women.

Well I think James is doing a wonderful job and is the best looking of all the guys on the show ;)

Seeing him with his shirt off.............................well I just have to sit down now ;) Lucky Sarah ;)

But regardless of his great looks I think he's being very wise aligning himself with Danielle. Too bad he's believing CT's lies about Marcellas taking the gifts :(

Well I am no longer talking about abuse but I will say that James calling Janie names in his DR doesn't mean he is that bad.You live in a house with all these ppl.You're gonna get stressed and have to vent.That's what the DR is for.I am sure they all get under each others skin from time to time.I don't like how James has been this last week but I will NOT put him down in his real life.We don't know him in his REAL life we only know him on the game.And just because someone plays the game dirty and sneaky doesn't mean they are like that in real life.Hell id play dirty too of I could play for half a million.It's like the saying goes hate the game,not the player...lol

Dr. Will doesn't trash anyone personally in the Diary Room. He may trash their game or laugh at their failed tactics but he doesn't call anyone names like James does. Trash talk between HGs in the house may be construed as game play but name calling in the Diary Room cannot be claimed as game play. James is nasty and bitter even in the Diary Room where it cannot be explained away as game play because no other houseguest can hear. Granted, they are baited by Big Brother to talk trash in the Diary Room but James is the worst offender.

So what excuse to the trashers on the boards have?

I applaud Sara for standing by her man. That is what a mate should do. But I cannot aggree to James's way of playing the game. He started from the beginning not agreeing with the SOV. He also told the HG that he loves to lie. James was only unhappy with Diane's eviction because he had a semi alliance with her, and that he knew that she was also after Jani not him. James has even lied to Dani. She asked him the other day in the HOH room if he has lied in the game. and he said no. Jani was talked into the trap by Will. She is like Kayar and Howie. They all can be easily persuaded into anything. James knew that the SOV were targets from the beginning, so that is why he had these plans in his back pocket. I just wish the 3 SOV would have kept their wits about them and remembered previous BB shows. They all knew that James flops quickly and that Will and Boogie were great liars. And from BB3, Dani stayed true to her secret alliance. Jason. The SOV have not been true to their alliance of 3 from the get go. Each one thought they had some one in their back pocket. Oh well James, you are a snake anyway, in my IMHO. I just hate to see Howie and Kaysar get caught in James, Dani, Will, and Mike's web. I think it was a very good idea to get out the floaters. But they chose the wrong one last time. I would have chose the 2 strongest players...Dani and Erika. It always seems like the SOV are always the targets.... Have a good day Sara......

Okay thanks Carmen for the feedback . . . I was wondering if maybe I was oversensitive or something - he he :):):)

With respect to distinguishing what part of namecalling is game-related and what is character-related, I too find this hard to discern.

In terms of frequency and intensity I've noticed in general with people that the more competitive a person is with that internal drive to dominate and control (those being normal human drives) and the less successful they are at prevailing over others in light of the competition the more frequent and vicious the name-calling. So like George and Kaysar will pretty much always have less name-calling because they're just not that type-A type of guy . . . Will a type-A guy will also have less name-calling because he's such a gifted manipulator and actually succeeds much of the time . . . and in contrast Marcellas and James will often have more name-calling because they do want to have more control but don't (?) My point being that I guess everybody has that capacity to name-call in frustration (?)

In terms of the choice of names itself, I've also noticed in general with people that the name tends to be related to whatever tactic the person being called the name is using to successfully prevail over the others that doing the name-calling in frustration. Like if you're aggressive they'll call you a 'bitch' like Danielle, if you're smart enough not to need to win comps they'll call you 'a worthless piece of furniture', if you're using flirting and sexuality they'll call you a 'whore' . . . these are all women, but don't the guys get called names just as much? Booger does on the boards everytime he survives another week, doesn't he? I don't know what to think . . . it kind of does look bad now that I spell it out, and yet they're winning so do they really care whether they're being called names? lol

I guess now that I think about it, the red flag zone for me would be the stuff that clearly isn't competitor-related like James calling Sarah dumb last year . . . like even if he's frustrated during the game, there'd be no reason to take it out on Sarah - that's not typical. I mean like the other stuff I mentioned above is kind of ugly but it's not uncommon (not just in BB but in life).

SamTheCat - I like your analysis with regard to personality type, control, success and names associated with behavior , it's very well thought out and probably spot on. Ditto to your red zone.

I gently disagree with the your (and Carmen's) reaction to Will's flirting with Janelle but only because I see it as a manipulation within the game (and I think he makes that clear). I am also very secure and don't view a little harmless flirting as being a problem but then maybe my definition of flirting differs from yours (or maybe not). To me, flirting is just a little mutual appreciation but it absolutely does not include touching (other than the odd hug to congratulate, commiserate or console) or actual suggestion or encouragement to touch or from a closer bond. In real life, I think flirting in front of your partner is disrespectful and hurtful but if a flirtatious smile or giggle makes you feel good or gets you a better price what's the big deal? Personally, I would never flirt with any of my boyfriend's friends or acquaintances but in a show like Big Brother - you gotta utilize what you've got. Now Diane offering to let Howie touch her boobies is definitely going too far in sooooo many ways.

I haven't met james but he seems really nice. Granted the times that I've spoken to him it's kind of been ona fan level so I doubt he'd be rude or disrespectful but he seems very supportive & giving nonetheless. I don't really talk to him about BB though.

Archived