Kill Reality on E!

spr1ngtime

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Cable network E! is preparing to serve up its own take on "Project Greenlight," with a cast of former reality-TV folks looking to prove that they can act as well as act out.

"Kill Reality," a show that will throw together a bunch of unscripted-TV veterans and watch as they film a horror movie (co-written by another of their kind), is scheduled to premiere Monday, July 25 on E! While the title hints at the possibility of schadenfreude for viewers, it sounds like the only dying will be the faked kind, or potentially someone's career.

"'Kill Reality' gives your favorite reality stars the opportunity to prove their talents and acting abilities and to show they are more than just stars of reality television, " says Lisa Berger, head of programming development at E! Networks. "Fans of the reality genre will love seeing their favorite stars commingling together and working together toward one common goal - to make a great horror film."

That movie, "The Scorned," will make its debut on E! in September, with a more explicit version scheduled for release on DVD in October. The script is being co-written by "Survivor: Amazon" and "Survivor: All-Stars" alumnus Rob Cesternino, along with Scott Zakarin and Eric Mittleman. It's about the ghost of a wronged woman seeking revenge on those who cheated on her.

"Kill Reality" will feature "Survivor" alumni Ethan Zohn, Jenna Lewis, Jon "Jonny Fairplay" Dalton and Jenna Morasca; "Real World"-ers Trishelle Cannatella, Tonya Cooley and Steven Hill; ex-"Bachelor" Bob Guiney and "Bachelor"-ette Trish Schneider; "Amazing Race 4" winner Reichen Lehmkuhl and "Apprentice" contestant Stacie J. Upchurch.

In classic reality-show style, they'll share a house while making the show and the movie. Cameras will follow them as they learn whose character survives longest and who will have on-screen romances with one another, along with any repercussions those developments might have

I just read about this on another site somewhere, looks like the gang at thefishbowl.com has finally found a away to turn 15 minutes into 20!...although with Rob C's flavor for comedy it may be interesting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I forgot about this show. When I saw advertisements I wanted to check it out. I see there is a rerun of the premiere tonight at 9pm. I might have to check it out. I find the premise oddly interesting. Also, anything with Trishelle and Trish has to be somewhat entertaining.

Guest PrincessSchroeder

I watched a replay of the show over the weekend and I really liked it. Its like they took the most crazy and dramatic reality stars and threw them all together (oh wait, they did do that!!). I think it will be fun to watch. On the first episode, Tonya gets drunk and wants to jump out of the window but ends up in bed with Johnny Fairplay.....gosh I love REALITY tv!!!

i liked it i thought it was halarious, omg trish does not know how to act and she has the lead role, i can already tell this movie is going to be great. reichen and tonya make a good couple they both are very good looking.

i want johnny fairplay to die first. him and stacie j. omg everytime i see her on teh screen i want to take hedge clippers to her whole head so she cant talk n e more.

and toni should die too cause she bein a big bitch about this whole thing.

Guest PrincessSchroeder

I just watched the second episode today....It was funny to me because I am beginning to think that Tonya will never be happy...she cant ever just stay with one guy and try to make that rlationship work. And she is in love with Johnny Fairplay??? WTFFFF The dude kinda makes me sick....seriously my stomach is turning...

• 3 weeks later...

okay i have to say it trishelle is a bitch, why cant she just come into the house and not make any drama, tonya at least tried to be civil about it and then you have trishelle trying to use big words and she doesnt know what they mean. come on reading love letters from other people and then showing everyone whata bitch, whata hoe bag.

and jenna lewis did she not get the hint that nobody likes her because she doesnt stay out of other peoples buisness? and that she needs to shut her trap hole, i guess not

and for her to say something to tonya about tonya having a boyfriend nad being with johnny fairplay, i just wanted to tell her well at least tonya doesnt have a husband and two kids and fucking steven hill, someone said at sux they wondered when the jenna lewis/steven hill sex tape would come out.lol

ohh and now another bitch is coming into the house Katie(great)!