Star Trek Universe: General Discussion

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

I want to say how distressed I am that come September there will be no new episodes of anything Star Trek. I guess the needs of the many have outweighed the needs of this one.

I have been a trekker from the beginning looking up to Spock as a role model when I was hospitalized long-term as a kid.

While I agree there has been good and bad, I was always one who even enjoyed the bad like DS9. The destruction of the franchise by the new helmspeople is so tragic. You know things are getting bad when gimmicks appear. I hope it isn't too long before my beloved Trek returns in some form to TV ... the real format that works is that of the original and STNG ... and maybe that is what will come back?

Am I alone here?

Trekkers Unite!

Guest conniejoe

I agree, Ranster! I have always counted on there being a Star Trek series of some kind on TV.

Though DS9 sucked big time, it was at least a continuance of the Star Trek legacy. I, too, loved the original ST, as well as STNG. And I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed the Voyager series. Even the latest Enterprise has grown on me.

It's a sad day, indeed, that TV programmers are abandoning us. :cry:

Guest ranster627

I am a huge Voyager fan and in a way felt it stuck to the premise(sp?) adopted by Gene Roddenberry. My only disappointment with STNG is that they used a sighted actor to play Geordi. I am a person with a disability and feel we are quite capable of portraying ourselves.

As for Enterprise ... I have come to love it as well, and thoroughly enjoy having my unanswered questions from the Original Star Trek answered, especially the change in the look of the Klingons!

Even DS9 had some great moments for me, although they were less than the other series'.

I am thrilled to see another trekker on here by the way Conniejoe! Seems Classic TV always forgets classic Sci Fi!

Guest XandraSkye
My all time favourite Original Star Trek Episode is Mirror, Mirror ...

Was that the one where they go back in time to 1930's with Joan Collins? Or is that the one with Evil Spock? I've only seen about 4-6 episodes of the original Star Trek.

One Deep Space Nine episode I saw and enjoyed was the one where they went back in time to Kirk's day and had to deal with the tribbles and they super-imposed that ST episode with the current one. Funny stuff.

Now, on ST:TNG, I love any episode that dealt with time-travel or messed with time. Like, I loved the episode where they all lost a day. I think it was titled "Clues". And of course I loved the 'groundhog day' episode.

This is making me want to go back and watch these episodes again. I wish there was a way to custom order just my favorite ST:TNK episodes on DVD.

Guest ranster627

Mirror, Mirror was the alternate universe episode with Spock with a beard from the original series.

I really enjoy the time travel stuff too like the two-parter that begins with them finding Data's head in a cave and the "first" appearance of Guinan.

I say "first" that way ... because then we see her in the film as a refugee from the Borg. I am a huge Guinan fan and would have liked an episode to clear up the mysteries around her. I would most like the answers to how she knew Q.

Q is absolutely hilarious! I read a great novel that features Q and Luxwana Troi falling in love (Q-In-Law) ... it is a great read that actually brings them to life ... would have made a great episode. I liked it so much I got it on tape as read by "Q"!!!!!

I do think you can buy select episodes at any video store, and I do know you can rent them too ... I did that with the original series ...

I must say that the best episode from DS9 was the Tribble one ... I really like it when they link all of the Star Trek worlds together! I wiped a tear when Scotty visited the holographic version of the original Enterprise.

It's great to chat about this! Star Trek lives again!

• 1 month later...
Guest XandraSkye

This message is to all you Star Trek fans out there. I only watched ST:TNG but I would like to watch the other series as well but I have a request.

Could someone, who can remember, give me a list of episodes from all the series (except TNG) that deal with any sort of time-travel. I just need the title of the episode and the season.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...