SICK OF THE BIKINIS

Goldylucks

As a woman, here is what I've noticed....

CBS has no problem putting average men in the game. Chicken George is the perfect example. He's heavy, definately not gorgeous, but he has a heart of gold and makes a great representation for all the loving husbands and dads out there. Not all the men on the show are "hotties" and no one ever questions it. What about the Chicken Janes of the world? We get the occassional mom on the show, but they still look GREAT in a bikini. Look at Dani.....she's all mom and looks awesome. The women are always exceptional with no averages.

Now before you mention Nakomis, I believe she made it the show simply because of the sibling twist, so that doesn't count!!!!! What chance do you think Nakomis would have had to get in the game if there wasn't a family plot to bolt the ratings?

CBS, if you are reading, I'm a real mom....I don't look great in a swimsuit, but I have enough sense not to parade myself around in one. I'm a wife and mother, the average wife and average mom, but I could shake it up so bad even the worst of the worst players would remember me!! Give us normal people a chance to do something extraordinary!!

Normal people watch the show too!!

Let me hear an amen to that!!

I don't really think Danielle fits into the hottie category but I agree & would like to see more "average" people in the game. Then toss a few hotties in & let the average Joe's gang up on them & kick them out for being too hot :lol::lol:

Well the whole thing last year about people calling Maggie fat!! I didn't like Maggie but couldn't believe people were saying that!!! And CBS seemed proud to have put her fat butt in the house because they asked her tons of times about her losing weight!!! Get a real fatty in there!!!

ps. I don't think it's just CBS who does this, do you people actually think that if they put someone who was kind of chubby in the house we wouldnt have threads on here talking about how fat that person is?? It's too bad people cant be judged by their personalities anymore!! I think if we had less attractive people in the house we would have MORE personality than some of these boring people who just sit around like diva's all day!!!

Remember Jun from Season 4? She was pretty average. I remember people commenting on her being too heavy. Or was it just because she wore a bikini but shouldn't have?

I agree that it is such a cliche that they allow in any average guy but with few exceptions, the girls are pretty much model quality.

Ever notice they do that on sitcoms too? Even on cartoons, like Family Guy...

Anyway, I agree it would be more interesting to see a better variety on the show :)

Well, if you had a lot of normal looking people in there, it would certainly tend to cut down on people promoting themselves and preening and playing to the camera.

I think it's all about the money. Without all the beautiful people the feed subscribers' numbers might decrease.

:o could you imagine these boards if they brought in the "average" woman... considering "average" nowadays is overweight. i think mortys would crash for sure with all the threads and posts regarding the 200 pound woman that is laying by the pool with a bikini.

I have said in the past that they need to bring in some normal everyday people. i was thinking more along the lines of people with no agents and no desire to use this as a stepping stone into the acting or modeling world. i dont know if i am ready to watch "the biggest loser meets Big Brother" :unsure:

I agree 100% get some average people in that house! Stop with the actor/actress wannabes their personalities are duller then a butter knife! What I think attracted me to BB in Season 2 when I started to watch there were some wannabes but also some average joe/janes. Bring back some average people to the house and see it come back to life with personalities!!

People always say they want 'real' people on tv. Last time I checked, BB wasn't filled with robots.

They are real people, they are just 'good looking' people.

The moment we were to get someone 'real' (ie: less attractive people) people will do nothing but talk about how fat, ugly, stupid, and lazy they are.

Not to mention the fact that those real people somehow are even LESS real because they have to serve as some sort of 'represenative' of the entire fat, average, stupid, slow, uninteresting population at large.

Not to mention, that as much as people say they want average .. I don't think they truly mean it because as the cast has gotten better looking, the number of viewers have gone up over the years. Some could say it's just cause BB finally caught on, or because of the new twists each year .. but I have my doubts that was the only reason.

I'm overweight, but I dress nicely and I always look put together. My #1 rule is "If you got it, flaunt it...if you don't...COVER IT UP!!"

You'll never see me in a bikini. I don't like accidentally seeing myself naked after getting out of the shower, why would I put anyone else through that? LOL

Fortunately, I have a cute face and a nice smile....so I'm not a troll.

I wouldn't go on the show anyway, but I would consider the biggest loser..lol

BB's version of the "average" mom was Tonya who had boobs so big that she had to name them...lol

Don't remember which BB it was but there was a mexican(?) gal who wasn't skinny(Amy's season I think) & was teased!

Erika has IMO only nice hair.Her hard skeletor body is...YUCK!

Well you've got to realize that this is television. It's all about getting ratings, money, and advertising. So they want to put something on their show that they think would appeal to the audience. Skinny girls in bikinis being one of them.

This is America and we've become obsessed or are used to seeing skinny models/actresses in magazines, tv shows, music videos, movies, you name it. So it's just something that comes with the territory.

American culture and the image of the "ideal woman" has changed dramatically over the past few decades or so.

Plus do you remember last year when Janelle gained some weight? Lots of people started calling her fat. When she was nowhere near fat. As a matter of fact she was probably at the perfect weight for her height.

Not trying to be rude or say you're wrong. Just saying that it's something I've become used to. :mellow:

Well, personally, I think they've all been pretty average-looking, but they do tend to only pick people in good shape, save the men and an occasional Maggie. Not that Maggie wasn't in good shape, she just had more of a shape than the rest of them. :unsure: I think the hottest men have been hotter than the hottest women! But, I realize that they have to be somewhat attractive, at least in good shape, because it's what people want to see. They have "average" people on Survivor, but you won't ever see Survivor: Antarctica because they want to see the young, pretty ones in their swimsuits. :) That's just the way it is - it's entertainment. It's nothing personal. It's not a stab against the Plain Jane. I'm sure the majority of the creaters of the shows are pretty average their selves.

If we got average people on here, they would definitely be picked apart, even worse than the ones on there now are. Just look at Maggie. Last year, you couldn't read a post that wasn't saying how fat she was, or how ugly she was, etc. I, personally, didn't think she was fat... she wasn't skinny that's for sure, but far from fat.

I don't really care who they put on my TV, look wise. I just want people who aren't using BB as a stepping stool to act or model. People who don't already have agents, and people who don't already know each other. That's ALL I want (with the exception of good personalities, and good twists.. of course!).

Archived