Weekly Earnings

That is what was just said by Allison to Jase, Kaysar, Janelle and George and Danielle. Allison said that she would have earned more money by going to sequester than the $50k she earned in 2nd place. WOW. And if you win or come in 2nd you lose your stipend. WOW. Jase is in shock.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bb has got to be the cheapest reality show ever. survivor pays more without getting money from live feeds.

uvpnolimits:

bb has got to be the cheapest reality show ever. survivor pays more without getting money from live feeds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I think the cheapest show award goes to The Surreal Life on Vh-1 ...but some of this is news to me because I thought that you got more for finishing 2nd and I didn't even know you got paid in the sequester house....this last part makes me think that some of BB is scripted because it's like they pay you for everything!

wouldnt be surprise if bb is scripted everything else on tv is scripted

they are getting paid more this year since its allstars. that is why allstars didnt happen last year.. all the houseguest they approached wanted more money than bb was willing to give them.

on the last few seasons of bb they got paid 750 a week. i am guessing it was probably less on the first few seasons.

this season they are getting way more than the 750....... :mellow:

The thing is ..

I don't feel sorry for them at all. Even if they win $50,000 and with taxes, they pay $25,000 that's STILL almost a year's salary for me. All at once.

And that money would be very nice.

fizzle:

they are getting paid more this year since its allstars. that is why allstars didnt happen last year.. all the houseguest they approached wanted more money than bb was willing to give them.

on the last few seasons of bb they got paid 750 a week. i am guessing it was probably less on the first few seasons.

this season they are getting way more than the 750.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:angry:CBS pisses me off more every day...it just takes some of the fun away from the show knowing that they're getting paid for being there...IMO, either you win or you don't and that's the only money that should be paid....

Jase said this JOB has a lot of down time..Will? talking how much they should be paid. This season will not be as good. Its just a job to them... not so much a game to most of them. Will keeps putting different business out on the feeds. They need unknowns to play.

I know they don't pay that much in taxes .. but I am saying, if it WAS that much, it would still be a lot of money in the midwest.

I wish that these people would go back to their homes after the show and live their regular lives .. instead of all wanting to be movie stars, or models.

But then, I've never wanted to be an actress or model. Soooooo .. maybe that's why I think that.

Having worked in Payroll for the past 8 years, I can tell you that a safe number to go with when figuring out how much will be taken in taxes is 28 - 33% depending on what you claim on your W-4. Since this is prize money, the government is gonna to tak it at the highest rate they can, so plan on closer to the 33% end of the spectrum. I have a link somewhere that talks about prize taxes, but I can't find it.

As for them receiving a weekly stipend, all reality shows have to pay a stipend to people whether it is for a day or for a week. Even Fear Factor pays contestants a daily stipend to supplement the income they are losing by not being at their daily job. Just like if you get called for Jury Duty, the government has to pay you at least minimum wage for the hours that you are serving.

Whoever it was that said they should just have to live in the house for the summer and then either win or get nothing at all....that would mean no BB. It wouldn't be possible. People have bills and rent to pay on the outside even when in the house. I don;t think $750 - $1000 a week is wrong at all and I am pretty sure they don;t get more once in sequester (I will check on that). So if they made it to the end at $1000.00 per week, that would be $12,000 - $3600.00 (30% taxes) which leaves $8,400.00 for 3 months work. Divide that by 12 weeks, at 40 hours per week.

That means that these folks are spending their summer, locked up with a bunch of crazies, no phone, car, computer, whatever and putting themselves out there for people like us to bash them for.....are ya ready for it?

$17.50 per hour

That is alot to some, but in L.A. or any other big city, that just keeps the lights on.

This is just to put some stuff in perspective, not in anyway meant to defend certain things the houseguests have said or done.

WHEW!

Dep

Allison is an idiot lets do the mah she won 50k and yes it is taxed but not 50% ...I don't know how much but alot is taxed as she said HOWEVER....

I clearly heard several guests say the stipend is 750 per week......for 3 months that equals 9 grand taxed then I heard Janelle say that someone had mentioned wanting to be sequestered for the additional 8k whic I also assume is taxed.....together 9+8 is 17 and that is not considering taxes whic I imagine means all said maybe 12...

So Allison is asking me to believe that 50k taxed is less then that?????

Just like her alleged broken nose....(DRAMA QUEEN)

And comment she gave all money to her parents......

And her eye roll when she said someone gave all to charity like how dare they!!!!

2nd place pays more Allison is an idiot lol

I hope it's 750 other wise the make more then I do and that's depressing.

LA is expensive but I also live in an expensive big city and I'm doing fine. I just can't afford all the partying and travelling that I'm sure our "Stars" are accustomed to.

She rolled her eyes not because Lisa gave money to charity, but because Lisa said she gave 'most' of her money to charity, which Ali thinks is bogus. As do many people.

And I don't think it's totally bogus to say that the taxes may be 50% because on HG's they talk about half a mil after taxes being ABOUT 250,000 .. and Alison isn't the one who said it was 50%, I did. Alison said that in the state of california, prize money over $20,000 is taxed at a higher rate than regular wages. She didn't say what it was, and I don't know.

Guest StarBaby

$2500 per week sound a tad bit high. Are you sure you heard correctly? Or maybe they were just talking BS?

They have said several times that it was raised to $ 2500.00 for all stars... I think that's why we get fire every time they talk about it, because IF there is another season they don't want people to think that it will stay $ 2500.00...

Edited to change fish to fire :)

That means that these folks are spending their summer, locked up with a bunch of crazies, no phone, car, computer, whatever and putting themselves out there for people like us to bash them for.....are ya ready for it?

$17.50 per hour

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes, that's slummin money, no thanks cbs. <_<

Well if I had to speculate and all-stars is 2500, which would mean this season doing the math yes it would add up to more then second, then I look for CBS to include stipend this season. She wasn't commenting on this season she said she'd of been better off.

My point was a simple one, the season Ally played was 750, second place paid more then just lasting. However, as with her boo boo that she continues to wear face mask for she likes to embellish and be worse off then everyone.

I will say this though if you want something nice about her...she looks great...man the workouts have REALLY paid off!!!! Seriously.

:)

did anyone else catch it (sometime last night) when will was talking about it being so boring in the house.....he said something such as 'i thought cbs would have stepped it up for all stars, that was one of my criteria for agreeing to come back' (im loosely paraphrasing there, but he meant he thought they would have more frequent competitions and things for them to do) and then it quickly went to fire

Archived