Interesting conversation tonight with "casual fans"

Depeche221

So we went out this evening to a Blues bar for drinks with some friends. The topic of BB came up and it turns out that a few in the group watch the aired shows, but have never logged onto any of the boards.

Without giving them our opinions, we asked them what they thought of the show this season. All of them said that they are really enjoying it and think it is more exciting than the past few seasons. They said that they really felt that the BB6 crew was playing smart by trying to take out the floaters first. When asked why, they said it breaks down to a number thing. You have Dani, Marcellas, Erika, Diane and CG. That's 5 people. Then you have the BB6 crew (four) and CT (2). If you get rid of Boogie and/or Will and then one of the floaters gets HoH and nominates 2 of the BB6 crew, the floaters will have the numbers to do whatever they want. And with 5 of them left, they could do that for at least 2 or 3 weeks (assuming they could get HoH each week) and totally decimate BB6. With CT, you only have 2 people competing for HoH and neither one are particularly good at HoH comps. The floaters have 5 every week. But everytime you get rid of a floater, BB6's chances of maintaining the strongest number of votes increases.

Now with that being said, no one that we were speaking to, wanted a BB6'er to win the game, nor did they want CT. Danielle, Marcellas and Erika were the majority picks for final 3. when asked why, everyone agreed that these 3 are playing the best game. They are taking the most risk by aligning with the BB6 and CT power players when it works for them, but still being able to play off that they are floaters. They are working everyone behind the scenes, but not standing out. Even when Jase called out Marcellas in front of everyone the other night, he still managed to escape major scrutiny.

There was a general feeling of "Go CG!", but they all said he seemed out of place and none of them had seen season 1. They said he was charming in a dad sort of way, but not anyone they expected to go to the end.

They all actually liked Diane a great deal, but said that they hardly ever see her on the show, so they don't know what to make of her.

They thought that James and Janelle were the smartest players on the BB6 team. They said that Kaysar is too quiet and that Howie is just funny.

Will is a major annoyance. They said he seemed fake and asked if he really was a doctor. They said they would never go to him for anything, even if their life depended on it.

2 females thought that Boogie was cute and were curious if he was single (I almost had to throw my drink and leave at that point ehhehehe), but they said that he seems very immature.

Also, general consensus was that they were gald Jase was gone, but missed his body and smile. Were pissed that Nakomis was gone because they thought she could have really been strong in the end and they all really were glad that Alison was gone. None of them watched her season, but said that they just got a bad vibe from her

So, that is an idea of what some of the casual viewers think of the season. When I started telling them all about the stuff that goes on here on the boards, they were amazed at all the stuff we bitch about. After tonight I really believe that our views are totally skewed because of what we see on the feeds and read here on the boards. (not that it is a bad thing)

Just found it interesting

Dep

Great blog, Dep - very interesting! I have some friends who are the same way, and I am always compelled to share the shocking unedited truths.

And if you could just clarify what it means about "going out". :P

Our views aren't skewed... cause we're seeing (most) everything unedited. I've shared things from the feeds w/non-feeders & it's funny how they drop their jaw. CBS is the one skewing perceptions. I watch the show & can't believe the way certain people are slanted. It's all a numbers game & CBS is milking a ratings formula. I worked in media for 7 yrs & know how badly the public's perception is worked. I love BB, but can't imagine watching the season w/o the feeds. You paint a perfect picture of how badly CBS works the angle.

Susan.

Thanx for the run down Dep, Kewl to see how those not glued to their screens feel. I actually found it very interesting and have to agree with most of what they say.... minus the boogie and diane statements...

Great post Dep.. I think if BB6 actually do this and stick with it, cause they have problems doing that, but if they do it then I think it would really make this game more interesting when we see the floaters either start playing or start leaving. Then Will and Boogie would have to start playing their game out loud instead of so quietly and through everyone else. I don't know.. I think I know what I just said lol.. still half asleep.. But nonetheless Great post...

my sister in law and her family are all BB fans.. but dont have live feeds. when we get together its funny how they see things vs. me who has the feeds. they cant belive i like who i like, and then when i tell them some of the things that have happened on the live feeds.. they are shocked.

sometimes i wonder if they think i just make this stuff up... but then i found out that my sister in law is a LURKER right here at mortys. :o:unsure: so she reads the live feed updates. of course sometimes (like in the case of the drunk boogie pissing in a bottle) the live feed updates didnt have that info. we found out later the next day when boogie and Will were talking about it. (that too not picked up on live feed updates)

it really is a big difference if you dont watch the live feeds.

:::::::waves at sister in law:::::::::

Funny Depeche,..I agree with everything they said as far as the numbers and the floaters go because think about it,..what do we know about those floaters? Diane had a secret alliance with Jase adn then with Chill Town,..dangerous,..Erika has a relationship and secret alliance with Boogie,..meaning also with Chill Town,..Danielle has a secret alliance with Chill town and she is using James to turn him against his already wavering relationship with BB6,..and Marcellas was leading the charge from day one to get rid of "The 4".

Chicken George was the only one who was quiet and seemed eager to vote with the majority or the person or persons who made him feel protected(Howie)until he got poked with a stick to liven up.

BB6 meaning Howie, Kaysar and Janelle all came in wanting to protect each other adn have stayed true to that,..even as James is sabotoging Janelle on the sidelines with the floaters. James knows he can't win against ANY of the BB6 in a final two.

So yeah,..in terms of numbers,..floaters need to go! Remove all side alliances and BB6 can go all the way.

CT is no threat as long as whatever Will says to Janelle,..she takes with a grain of salt and Boogie has stitches for the next 10 days,..no way can they beat the other 3 in endurance or physical HOH comp.

I think the viewers perceptions are sometimes better than ours because they are NOT clouded with Danielle running around saying "What are they doing? Why so undecided?" when CBS makes it appear that BB6 has it all figured out and sticks with their plans,..when we all know they have dumped their picks for eviction twice because they didn't have the votes!

And why didn't they have the votes? Because those votes were fought by a floater!LOL

Most people I know don't watch BB. There is one that I talk to that only watches the show & his perceptions are always very different from mine due to the editing.

I also post a lot on a very busy auto enthusiast board that has 25,000+ members & only 3 other members are participating in the thread so the show's not very popular in that group either (compared to the American Idol thread where approx 50 posted regularly) :huh:

Of course CBS skews what we see. But to whoever said that live-feeders views are not skewed, sorry, that's dead wrong. They're skewed by our perceptions and feelings about the individual houseguests. Two people- are going to take a strategy conversation in two completely different ways, depending on their preconceived biases for or against the two people in the conversation. That's what most of the arguments on the board are about.

We may be more knowledgeable about what's going on in the house than the people who don't get the feeds, but are views are every bit as skewed as somebody who just watches the show casually.

Thanks for that, depeche-----it's interesting to get the views of the casual fan once in a while.

That's interesting! I've always wondered what non-feeders/internet followers thought of the game. I can never remember if what I saw/heard was on the show, the live feed, or on a blog somewhere. Unforunately, most everyone I know is completely anti-reality or don't watch TV much anyway.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Archived