Marcia Cross as Bree Van De Kamp

Marcia Cross Puts Gay Rumors to Rest

marcia4zu.jpg

Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross has put gay rumors about her to rest, after embarking on a romance with a man. The 43-year-old actress was previously plagued with accusations of being a lesbian, which she vehemently denied, but she's now been spotted with Tom Mahoney.

The two enjoyed a romantic private ski weekend trip with to Deer Valley, Utah, earlier this month. Cross and Mahoney stayed at a $695 suite at the Stein Eriksen Lodge.

Guest ranster627

I am sick and tired of the fact that "gay rumours" have to be put to rest ... it is nobody's business and certainly should not put a scarlet letter on someone if they are gay!

This climate of fear has to stop!

• 1 month later...

Marcia Cross of TV's 'Desperate Housewives' to Host Scholarship Concert April 24

LOS ANGELES (PRNewswire) -- The Freedom Band Foundation is pleased to announce that stage, film and television star Marcia Cross, currently starring in the ABC TV hit "Desperate Housewives" will be the host of the second annual concert to benefit the James M. Berg Scholarship Fund on Sunday, April 24, 2005, 6:30 pm at the El Portal Theater, 5269 Lankershim in North Hollywood. The theme of the concert is Broadway Milestones: 75 Years of Striking Up the Band, and features the Hollywood Wind Ensemble under the baton of Artistic Director Bill Masonheimer.

The concert will trace the history of the American musical from the early days of such shows as "Showboat" and "Strike Up The Band" through to the hits of today such as The "Producers" and "Hairspray." Tickets are $20, and all proceeds benefit the scholarship fund. For additional information, go to the Foundation's website, www.freedomband.org. Tickets are available through www.TicketWeb.com.

Ms. Cross came to know the Freedom Band Foundation through the "gay uncle" she referred to in her recent Advocate cover story, who plays saxophone in the Hollywood Wind Ensemble. She is very pleased to support the Foundation and its scholarship program.

The concert is a fund raising event for the James M. Berg Scholarship Fund, to provide scholarship assistance to young people who are involved in what the Freedom Band Foundation has stood for for over a quarter of a century: promoting greater understanding of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) issues, with a passion for the performing arts. The scholarship is named in memory of music educator and long time Great American Yankee Freedom Band director James Berg.

The Freedom Band Foundation traces its roots back to 1978, when the Great American Yankee Freedom Band was founded to provide entertainment at Lesbian and Gay Pride events and to provide a positive image of LGBT people to the larger Southern California community. Over the years, the organization has grown to include not only the original marching band, but the Hollywood Wind Ensemble concert band and a number of small ensembles, and now sponsors a scholarship program for youth in the performing arts. But the Foundation's mission remains the same as it has been for over 25 years: Supporting the community through Music and Pride.

• 3 months later...

ET Online.com

Not So 'Desperate Housewives' Cross Engaged

crossmahoney.jpg

Tom Mahoney and Marcia Cross

ET has confirmed the nuptial news that "Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross is getting married! A spokesperson for Cross revealed the actress and her boyfriend, 47-year-old wealth manager Tom Mahoney got engaged over the weekend.

Marcia, 43, accepted the proposal from Mahoney, whom she has been seeing since January of this year. According to the representative, "the happy couple have not set a date for the wedding yet." This will be the first marriage for Cross.

marciacross_everwood_240.jpg

Marcia Cross

As for the other leading ladies of Wisteria Lane, the "Desperate Housewives" are not so "desperate" in real life! Nicollette Sheridan is engaged to Nick Soderblom. Felicty Huffman has been happily married to 'Fargo' actor William H. Macy since 1997; the couple have two daughters.

Eva Longoria has finally seemed to settle down with a superstar beau, San Antonio Spurs Tony Parker. Despite engagement rumors, Eva says they have no plans to get married. "I'm not engaged," she says. "I'm in love. I'm very much in love. I'm very, very happy."

And comeback queen Teri Hatcher told InStyle magazine earlier this year that she is currently enjoying the single life. The actress has a child from her previous marriage to actor Jon Tenney.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

GOOD NEW, SAD NEWS: Desperate Housewives' Marcia Cross last weekend accepted a marriage proposal from her boyfriend, stockbroker Tom Mahoney; a wedding date has not been set. It will be the first marriage for both.... Also reported by US Weekly: Playmate-turned-funny lady Jenny McCarthy has filed for divorce from her husband, John Asher, after nearly six years of marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences." The couple has a 3-year-old son, Evan.

HOUSEWIFE-TO-BE: Desperate Housewives diva Marcia Cross is engaged to her boyfriend of six months, stockbroker Tom Mahoney. A wedding date has not been set, but extremely unreliable sources say it'll likely coincide with Teri Hatcher being "regretfully unavailable."

• 1 month later...

Cross to adopt baby

Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross is so eager to start a family with new fiance Tom Mahoney, she's planning to adopt if she struggles to conceive naturally.

The 43-year-old actress fears she may have difficultly becoming pregnant because of her age, and encourages women in their 30s to be more "proactive" about childbirth. She says: "I've always seen myself as a mother, and I will have children - whether naturally or by adoption. "From my experience women in their 30s need to be proactive about their fertility. "If you want to have kids, have them. You don't need to be in a couple to do that. "Freeze your eggs, look into adoption."

Star says she'll wed during down time

"Desperate Housewives' " Marcia Cross has spoken out about her wedding plans! The 43-year-old actress, who is engaged to banker Tom Mahoney, 47, told E!-Entertainment TV that she plans to marry Mahoney "probably in the summer" of 2006, "because that's when I have time off."

However, a source tells Star magazine that Cross is actually planning to have the wedding on Christmas Eve in her Massachusetts hometown. "A candlelight ceremony is planned for St. Matthias Church, which her parents attend faithfully," says the source in Marlborough, Mass, where Marcia grew up and where her parents, Janet and Mark, still live.

Source

• 5 weeks later...

'Desperate' Gals Do Get Along!

Source - ET Online

We've heard the rumors, but are they true? "Desperate Housewives" star MARCIA CROSS opens up about whether she and her famous castmembers get along -- or whether there's truth to the tabloid tales. "We get along great," she tells this Sunday's edition of Parade magazine. "It's the thrill of our lives, this show. It's this incredible ride." But she admits that they don't see a lot of each other outside of work. "We don't socialize much," she reveals. "We spend so much time together, the trick is to find time for your family and friends."

The media madness that surrounded the ABC show's first season caused the Juilliard grad to take a break over her summer hiatus. "I was exhausted," she says. "Taking another role would have been like running a marathon after a marathon."

The veteran actress, who's engaged to banker TOM MAHONEY, is relieved that there's more calm surrounding the second season. "We're all more relaxed this time," she says. "There's less chaos."

And she's not afraid to admit that she thinks season two is even better than the first. "It has such good flow," she says. "And the scripts are good."

Although happy to be back at work, Marcia's thrilled for her two-week break at Christmastime, where she'll visit her close family -- but don't expect her in the kitchen slaving over holiday dinner. "I can't cook," she says freely. "But I have this wonderful family in Massachusetts and we'll all squeeze into my mother's house, and she'll do all the cooking. Some of us are domestic, but not me!"

Meanwhile, our KEVIN FRAZIER was on the set of the fun photo shoot for Parade's cover where the actress reveals how she stays slim. "I think the thing that saves me is that I don't have it in the house because I have no will power," she says of junk food. "It's just not there. But I'm not always perfect."

And the word "diet" simply isn't in her vocabulary. "I think if I try to lose weight I'm going to gain five pounds because the minute I tell myself I can't eat things then I want to go eat everything!"

For more on Marcia's interview, and to go behind the scenes of the photo shoot, watch tonight's ET!

• 9 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Baby on Board for Bree?

Marcia Cross and her husband of three months, stockbroker Tom Mahoney, are expecting their first child, due in April, the Desperate Housewives star's publicist has announced. Might this real-life news translate into yet another bratty kid for Bree? As of Thursday morning, a Housewives spokesperson had yet to respond to TVGuide.com's request for comment on possibly writing in Cross' pregnancy.

Posted by Matt Mitovich 09/7/2006 10:33 AM