Clerks 2

ElisabethF50

Boyfriend? Is there someone new in ur life? Hmm.

Anyway .. back to the topic at hand, is it in line with the humor of the original clerks, and not the sell out humor of Jay and Silent Bob strike back?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Friend brought this movie over to watch...who has been nursing me back to health :D . That movie was WILD!!! I rarely do the snorting laugh but partsof that movie had me on the edge of pissing (can I type that) my pants especially when dude was talking about the words his grandmother would call him ... OMG!! and that guy from Alias .... that was classix!!!

One ring to rule them them all.

Yeah, I've been a Kevin Smith fan since the first Clerks movie. Has anyone watched any of the 2 DVD's called "An Evening With Kevin Smith" and "An Evening With Kevin Smith II: Evening Harder". I could listen to him talk and tell stories for hours. The first "evening" DVD was much, much better. His stories about producer Jon Peters and Prince are just great.

• 1 month later...

If you havent seen Clerks 2 you should definetly pick it up. If you liked the first Clerks you will deffinetly like this one. This is Kevin Smiths masterpiece. This movie shows how Smith has grown as a writer and a director. From the black and white color shots to the crane shot to just the placement of people in the camera shots evryone of these things contributed to my enjoyment of the movie. The movie is crisp and tense with just the right amount of joy and reality. There is no long monolonges or actors stumbiling over lines. Theres this freedom in Smiths work that dosnt feel forced or attempting too impress anyone... but he impresses evreyone with just the great way he puts together his scenes. I recommend this movie to my friends at mortys for anyone who just wants to have good laughs from a movie. Especally people who are on the verge of 30 and the rest of your life. It definetly impressed me and touched me in a way i didnt expect. (I know thats girly right) Its a fitting end to the Jersey viewaskewverse.

Hopefully in 10 years they do another Clerks movie. I would love to see these guys in there 40s. Randal and Dante are the most engaging of couples and Smith writes such an engaging story about friends in there 30s without pondering or compromising the vision of there peice.

You will love it. Even if you hated all of smiths other movies you will love it. :animated_bouncy:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't really get into Clerks 2. There were some funny parts but it didn't even closely compare to the original for me.

Trailer Park Boys : The Big Dirty, was what I needed at the time. I love my TPB.

speaking of TPB... Randy and Mr. Lahey are doing a comedy act a few blocks from here on April 5. I might go see it if I can find someone to go with.