SLOP - What is it?

uvp

????????????????????

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you need help

Edited for flaming

Not sure of the exact ingredients, but I think they have said oatmeal, granola and a couple other whole grains and then lotsa of water.

I think it is just pretty bland and might "back up your pipes" a little after eating it for a week. Poor George is gonna need the Metamucil

Dep

:lol:

OK, I know it sounds crazy, but I'd really like to get myself some slop to find out what it tastes like. At first I thought it was just some thick oatmeal, but oatmeal doesn't really taste bad, it just has a nasty texture. Does anyone know if it's available somewhere?

Maybe CBS will start selling it if enough people ask. :D

lol

I was thinking the same thing (that it's oatmeal), but oatmeal is usually just somewhat tasteless. In fact if you are allowed to put sugar in it, it can taste pretty good, though the texture is kind of gross. These guys were saying it actually tastes bad, so I think there's more to it than just oatmeal and ganola.

It's not just oatmeal. That's what they all thought it was until they tried it, it's more than that.

I know it has oatmeal, granola, whey protein, and some other ingredients in it. It has to be something pretty nasty.

Now our Oatmeal also comes UnSweetened!

Made with 100% All Natural Oats

High in Protein / Low in Fat

Made of the finest oatmeal source available providing complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber. In addition to receiving the well-documented benefits of oats, each serving is fortified with Pearl-Pro

I know the slop has been discussed & ingredients speculated on ... but I'm most disturbed by the concept that the slop is not stored in the fridge. It sits on the counter waiting to be eaten. This is seriously weird. If the base ingredient is oatmeal -- I would never eat oatmeal that's been sitting around at room temp for days on end. I actually can't think of anything that seems safe off the counter for extended periods of time. This stuff is seeming more nasty the more I really think about it.

Susan.

It looks to me like the Slop in those giant white tubs is actually just the dry mix that they add water to.. Although I don't know (or wouldn't be surprised) if sometimes they mix up a big batch and leave it out on the counter. But yeah, its like the last person said... there shouldn't be anything in it that would spoil. I think its oats and grains, and other dry fiber type stuff, mixed with water.

Leaving Slop mixed with water out on the counter is a definate food hazard especially if it is warm where bacteria will have a field day. It should absolutely be refrigerated quickly. The same goes for other foods with the same warm gooey consistency like cooked rice, mashed potatoes, (even baked potatoes) ect... If it contains protein it will only make it a more hazardess.

Dry it will be fine. It is the mainly the water with oxygen ( and temperature) that will start the bacteria growth.

If they are leaving out cooked up gooey slop, Big Brother needs to warn them of the potential hazard. Food Poisioning is nothing to mess with!

anything that gives you that much gas

can't be good

left on the counter or not

coming from someone that has the disease Ulcerative Colitis...

i know about this sorta thing

lots of bad issues start with A LOT OF GAS

and i mean different than yer regular "lots of gas"

i just don't see having to eat that stuff daily for an extended period of time very healthy

for any body

Archived