Episode 3.01: A Tale of Two Cities

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.01: A Tale of Two Cities

Airdate: October 4, 2006

• 07/21 - During an interview Carlton Cuse revealed: We pick up where we left off, but obviously there are different stories on different parts of the island, and, you know, we will get to all of them in the first few episodes. But like last year, we didn't deal with the raft survivors in the first episode. Not everything is going to be answered in the first episode. But the captivity story [with Jack, Kate and Sawyer] will definitely be addressed. Source: The Ausiello Report

Episode 3.01: A Tale of Two Cities (Kate-centric)

• 07/29 - This episode will be Kate-centric and have flashbacks featuring a 60-year-old motherly, warm, and funny woman as well as handsome twenty-year-old Karl. Source: SpoilerFix.com [Note: The role of Amelia, posted in the General Season 3 spoilers on July 14, may now be part of Kate's flashback.]

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of ABCMedianet:

Photos from the 1st episode of Season 3, which has now been confirmed to be a Jack episode (not Kate as was originally thought):

Go to www.approachinglost.com to view as I'm not sure how to reduce the attachments. Enjoy! :)

Thanks kayo!!!!

Note: A lot of foilers have been released by legit sources, including producers and crew. Be aware that some of the spoilers below may not happen.

Episode 3.01: A Tale of Two Cities (Jack-centric)

• 09/14 - In the season premiere episode, "A Tale of Two Cities," Jack, Kate and Sawyer begin to discover what they are up against as prisoners of "The Others." John Terry and Julie Bowen guest star.
  • Source: ABC
  • 09/14 - The opening scene of the Oct. 4 premiere will be very reminiscent of the first scene from last season's premiere, with Desmond in the hatch. In other words, you're probably going to be asking yourself, "Who's that and where the hell are we?!" Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 09/11 - [The first episode is Jack-centric not Kate-centric.] We'll see more of why he feels so guilty about his dad. Jack is in a glass enclosure, and will be interacting a lot with a character we haven't yet seen. Kate is in an examining room, and will be interacting with a character we know! Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 08/29 - Expanding on the 08/19 spoilers posted below on the Jack's flashback with the choking girl in the park: Also in that scene, Sarah is talking to a male teacher who may be more than a friend, and a little girl (the choking girl?) ends the scene by telling Jack not to trust Sarah. Source: The Transmission
  • 08/24 - [During the Season 2 DVD Launch Party,] Matthew Fox was on set shooting flashback scenes with Julie Bowen (who plays Jack's wife, Sarah). Source: USA Today
  • 08/19 - According to pictures that leaked on the net, there will be a flashback where Jack performs the Heimlich manoeuvre on a little blond girl in a park. Source: Dryope
  • 08/18 - Jack was just shooting a flashback all decked out in his hospital scrubs. Kate will be making a choice in the first six episodes. Jack is inside something you

• 2 weeks later...

• 09/18 - Guest starring are John Terry as Christian Shephard, Julie Bowen as Sarah, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly, William Mapother as Ethan, Brett Cullen as Goodwin, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Julie Adams as Amelia, Stephen Semel as Adam, Isabelle Cherwin as little girl, Alexandra Morgan as moderator, Sonya Seng as receptionist, Sally Davis as teacher and Julie Ow as nurse. Source: ABC

So Ethan and Goodwin are back- let's hope it's in a flashback!! :unsure:

• 09/28 - The October 4 premiere belongs to Jack, who loses it in flashbacks when he suspects wife Sarah of having an affair with his boozin' dad. Desmond turns up post-hatch explosion naked. Source: TV Guide

The explosion dun blew the man's clothes off? What we need is alot more explosions around Jack and Sawyer! B)

If you go to the ABC LOST website, on the video page, there is a 1 minute clip from this Wednesday's episode!! All I'll say is that it features Jack, and it's not a flashback B) .

Also on the webpage is an AWESOME new music video on by Brian Mcfadden called "Demons" that is a LOST montage. Really, really well done...check it out!

http://abc.go.com/fsp/

was excited about the beginning of the episode, but then they started to lose me. who was jack's wife banging? what happened to kate? who is the guy who helped sawyer escape?? give me more answers!!!!!!

good god scuba.. you want it all dont you????

you will get your answers in due time... maybe next spring. maybe next fall.. :D

did anyone else think of "the village" at the beginning of the show when they showed all those houses in the middle of the island? people living normal lives in normal houses... a book club????

mean while, the crash survivors have been living like bums under a broken airplane metal... boy will they be pissed when or if they ever find that normal looking neighborhood right around the corner from them.

yes, the normal houses/neighborhood was very interesting. are they some sort of dharma initiative rejects? if so, how the hell did they get stephen king books? i think that they are in civilization and the coast of the united states is like 5 miles away!

well, they must be in contact with the real world because they got all of jacks info... how else would they have gotten it.. right? and i am sure they have info on every one of the crash survivors. that is how they are picking and choosing who they want to snatch up and poke them with needles and such.

have you ever went over and read the message boards on cbs.com/lost ???? they got some die hard fans over there that pick the show and every clue apart for some sort of understanding of it all.

i've never gone over there. i'm afraid to.....i like the show, i want answers, but i'm not ready to join the cult yet.

and i think she was lying to him about sarah...........because of the way ben/henry told her good job.

Carvin- I'm sure you taped Dexter, so go watch an episode and chill.

I thought the episode was pretty good, with the first five minutes being the best part!

All in all, it left us with more questions and almost no answers (should I expect any less?).

Questions such as:

Karl: Who is he, why did they make him say he was sorry to Sawyer,and was it all an act (kind of like the beards and clothes)? And why did Karl tell Sawyer to run in the opposite direction- was he attempting to have "the others" chase Sawyer and not him?

Ben: Ah, we now know your name! And you still definitely don't seem like one of the "good guys". And shutting the door on Juliette and Jack to save your own skin? COLD. And the fact that you don't like Stephen King doesn't score you any brownie points either...

Kate: It would take a WHOLE LOT more than coffee for me to put handcuffs on willingly. (subliminal message-eggsP andI baconC atK theJ veryA leastCK!)

Jack: I actually felt for him- the agony and guilt he was going through. Yeah, his obsession was over-the-top, but I just might be like that too if my hubby were to even think about another woman! I thought it was a marvelous job of acting by Matthew Fox...he definitely deserves an Emmy for this episode!

Sawyer: Funny, funny, funny! But do we expect any less? I just want him to break out of that cage so he can go wreak havoc on Ben and "Zeke"! Speaking of Zeke/Tom...was his "you're not my type" comment to Kate insinuating that he's gay or that he just likes his women old, ugly and fat?

The ending was kind of "eh" for me- I guess I was just expecting something a bit more. So we see that Juliette and Ben aren't totally getting along...eh.

Archived