SURVEY...HAND WASHING

kathy65324

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh HURRICANEHOWIE, what exactly does being an athelete have to do with how many times you go to the bathroom? Oh and by the sounds of it, with all your talk of sweating profusely and pissing all day, the four pounds you lost in one day was just water weight, really nothing to brag about.

okok.. i dont think this thread is Pick On HurricanHowie...

he pees more than normal cause he drinks a LOT of water... someone like me who doesnt drink a lot of anything doesnt pee a lot. maybe 3 or 4 times total in a day.

as far as none of us being athletes.. it takes a lot of will power to stay online watching feeds and posting here... and you can loose weight doing this... who has the time to get up and go to the kitchen.. some of us just eat once a day. :D:lol:

"Im sorry King of Reality tv...do you drink more than 2 gallons of water throughout the day? "

Do Rye and coke's count?? If so, then YES I DO!!

"I sweat out more in a day than you do in a month"

And you're proud of that fact??? Sounds to me like you may have Hyperhidrosis....

"I lost 4lbs yesterday in the 100 degree heat...I bet all you non athletes wish you could loose that in a year"

I was out in 100 degree heat too yesterday... Yet I managed to stay the same weight....

You must be doing something wrong....

There are diseases carried by body fluids and urine is a body fluid.

I don't want anyones urine on me or anything :lol: but urine really is sterile. There are no bacteria in it (unless you have a bladder or urinary tract infection). Urine is waste byproduct filtered from your blood via the kidneys so it comes from a sterile enviroment. I have never heard of a urine borne disease. Poo is the disease causing one :huh: Hello E. coli

Oh yeah & p.s....I rarely get up in the middle of the nite to pee but if I do I rarely wash my hands. I save that for the morning when I am awake enough to think :P

I have like 5 bottles around my apartment and 1 in my car ....1 in my purse and even 1 in the bathroom....I was my hands all the time and I usually take a shower 2 times a day.....sometimes 3 if I get "lucky" YKWIS lol

are these bottles you speak of for you to pee in? :blink:

This thread is hilarious!

I'm always disgusted when I see shows about how much bacteria is everywhere. There is more bacteria on door handles and faucets than on an actual toilet seat.

I saw a thing on Oprah the other day about bacteria in ice you get from fast food places. This girl did a study for school and there was more bacteria in the ice (from people not washing their hands) than IN the restroom toilet!

Quote:

"I don't want anyones urine on me or anything but urine really is sterile. "

I will disagree...it is a body fluid and though other body fluids such as blood, semen and breast milk are contaminated and can transmit diseases such as HIV, why take the chance....what if someone has blood in their urine?

I live alone & I wash my hands after using the bathroom and before and after handling food. I work around children so it is easy to pick up bacteria. If you touch your face and you don't wash your hands, then it's easy to get a cold.

I never really get sick, sinc I always wash my hands.

I worked in a prestigous building in Atlanta and this lady in the office down the hall NEVER washed her hands or flushed the toilet, even during her monthly visits. It truly disgusted me.

I downloaded a list of diseases you can get from not washing your hands and posted in the bathroom. It didn't do any good. I would walk in the bathroom and she would be rushing to get out w/o washing so no one would see her being unsanitary.

I came out in the hall one day after she left (w/o washing of course) and I hollered down the hall to a coworker how disgusting this lady was. I continued to walk down the hall and saw her standing at the elevator banks lookiing mortified.

She got the message. Heehee

Just to totally gross everybody out. Back in Microbiology class in college we had to swab a butt & swab a mouth. I chose my dogs butt & my mouth. My dogs butt had less bacteria on it than my mouth when we grew them out (& before I get any comments the point of the class was to show us how nasty our mouths are :unsure: blahblahblah all our mouths have mega bacteria :huh:) . People's mouths are really nasty. Think about that next time you get the urge to kiss someone because it might just be cleaner (bacterially speaking) to kiss your dog's butt instead :P:lol:

No it was a free butt swab assignment. However I felt that my only choices were me or my dog. I live alone & the only qualifications were that it had to be a fresh swab immediately post-poo & since most unknowns frown on a butt swab from a stranger :blink: (& I didn't wanna use me) I chose my pup :P

I am a server in a restaurant and wash my hands constantly, even while at home. It is just a habbit I picked up while working. Now if I wake up in the middle of the night or have just woken up for the day, no I don't wash my hands. I think it is ridiculous that everyone concentrates on the HG's for not washing their hands. Thats life.

I do have a routine bathroom time though that might sound extreme, I take a huge piece of paper off the roll and put it in the toilet, the use what is left as to not touch what others might have, then tear another patch to hold over the flusher to not touch it directly, then wash. And do you all know what the dirtiest place in a public bathroom is??????????????????????????????????? It is not the toilet, it is the door handle. always use the paper towel to open it, there are many people who don't wash and then touch the door to leave.

it was a free butt swab assignment ~quote

My dogs butt had less bacteria on it than my mouth ~quote

swab a butt & swab a mouth ~quote

only choices were me or my dog ~ quote

unknowns frown on a butt swab from a stranger ~ quote

Could you have chosen to swab another butt? ~quote

Or was the assignment specifically geared for the butt of a dog ~quote

:lol::lol::lol: i love a good morning chuckle. the best days start out with a laugh. the only thing that would make this all more funny is if you guys had this conversation in front of me with totally serious faces.

and then i stopped and thought about it.... all i could think of was "that poor dog, he probably thought he was being violated"

then i continued laughing :lol::lol:

I get up constantly during the night to use the bathroom, I always wash my hands w/soap and hot water afterward...While I'm at work, I wash my hands before I use the bathroom, dispense the paper towel, use the bathroom, wash (again) dry my hands and use the paper towel in my hand to open the door. I am not a germ-a-phobe, but a lot of ppl DO not wash their hands after using the bathroom, and I don't like being sick. I've got 3 kids who bring home enough stuff that I'm fending off ; )

Well Kathy... I always wash my hands after using the bathroom. It's something that I don't even think about. It's habitual. My feet just aim toward the sink after I flush... can't help it. :D Actually, I wish everyone would do the same. I see so many nasty ass chicks just walk right out of public bathrooms without washing them. That's why I can't touch the door handle with bare hands when I leave. :wacko: GROSS!!

I received this email, thought you'd all enjoy...A little OT, but about bathrooms (humor)

EVER BEEN THERE??

This is mainly for women, but maybe the men will finally understand what women go through. Ah, to be a man!!! Show this to your wives guys!

My mother was a fanatic about public restrooms. When I was a little

girl, she'd take me into the stall, show me how to wad up toilet paper

and wipe the seat. Then she'd carefully lay strips of toilet paper to

cover the seat. Finally, she'd instruct, "Never, NEVER sit on a public toilet seat.

Then she'd demonstrate "The Stance," which consisted of balancing over

the toilet in a sitting position without actually letting any of your

flesh make contact with the toilet seat. That was a long time ago.

Now, in my "mature" years, "The Stance" is excruciatingly difficult to maintain.

When you have to visit a public bathroom, you usually find a line of

women, so you smile politely and take your place. Once it's your turn,

you check for feet under the stall doors. Every stall is occupied.

Finally, a door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman

leaving the stall. You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't

matter.* The dispenser for the modern "seat covers" (invented by

someone's Mom, no doubt) is handy, but empty. You would hang your

purse on the door hook, if there were one, but there isn't - so you

carefully but quickly drape it around your neck, (Mom would turn over

in her grave if you put it on the FLOOR!), yank down your pants, and

assume "The Stance."

In this position your aging, toneless thigh muscles begin to shake.

You'd love to sit down, but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe

the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold "The Stance."

To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you

discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser. In your mind, you can

hear your mother's voice saying, "Honey, if you had tried to clean the

seat, you would have KNOWN there was no toilet paper!" Your thighs

shake more.*

You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday -

the one that's still in your purse. That would have to do. You crumple

it in the puffiest way possible. It is still smaller than your thumbnail.

Someone pushes open your stall door because the latch doesn't work.

The door hits your purse, which is hanging around your neck in front

of your chest, and you and your purse! topple backward against the

tank of the toilet. "Occupied!" you scream, as you reach for the door,

dropping your precious, tiny, crumpled tissue in a puddle on the floor,

lose your footing altogether, and slide down directly onto the

TOILET SEAT. It is wet of course.

You bolt up, knowing all too well that it's too late. Your bare bottom

has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form on the

uncovered seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper - not that

there was any, even if you had taken time to try.

You know that your mother would be utterly appalled if she knew,

because, you're certain, her bare bottom never touched a public toilet

seat because, frankly, dear, "You just don't KNOW what kind of

diseases you could get."

By this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so

confused t hat it flushes, propelling a stream of water like a fire

hose that somehow sucks everything down with such force that you grab

onto the toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged in too.

At that point, you give up.

You're soaked by the spewing water and the wet toilet seat. You're

exhausted. You try to wipe with a gum wrapper you found in your pocket

and then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks. You can't figure out

how to operate the faucets with the automatic sensors, so you wipe

your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past the line of

women, still waiting. You are no longer able to smile politely them.

A kind soul at the very end of the line points out a piece of toilet

paper trailing from your shoe. ( Where was that when you NEEDED it??)

You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it the woman's hand and tell

her warmly! , "Here , you just might need this."

As you exit, you spot your hubby, who has long since entered, used and

left the men's restroom. Annoyed, he asks, "What took you so long, and

why is your purse hanging around your neck?"

This is dedicated to women everywhere who deal with a public restroom

(rest???, you've got to be kidding!!). It finally explains to the men

what really does take us so long. It also answers their other commonly

asked question about why women go to the restroom in pairs. It's so

the other gal can hold the door, hang onto your purse and hand you

Kleenex under the door.

I haven't seen anyone post this but I wash my hands before I go and rinse after ifI'm at home and I wash before and wash thoroughly after if I'm out in public.

I'm a girl so it's not a huge deal because tp touches me not my hand but I do it "in case"

but I don't understand why men touch money and phones and just lots of stuff then go to the bathroom and "handle" themselves.

wouldn't that make the um one part extremely dirty? :blink:

don't yell at me if I'm wrong I am not a man therefore do not have the nitty gritty on the details this is just how it "seems" to me.

:lol:

BBANGEL

that was great we should post that story outside of womens rooms so the men have something to read when waiting on us.

maybe that way we won't get the What took you so long? question

Archived