Beau and Marcellas

I was reading one of Yana's interviews with Beau, and he mentioned several times how he had something against Marcellas. I never heard anything about this until now. Could someone please explain to me what happned between the two of them and when?

Thanks.

Well last year I know that Marcellus didn't like Beau at all...Beau kept talking about Marcellus in the house, something along the lines of "I'm the new marcellus"...Marcellus was really rude to Beau when Beau called in to Housecalls (after he got evicted) I think Marcellus was doing his fingernails while Gretchen talked to Beau...Anyway I guess it all stems from there...

(this was a year ago, so my memory might be a little off)

:lol:

Yeah, it started when Beau called himself "the new Marcellus" on one of the shows and then we found out he was one of the most boring houseguests ever. Marcellus was really upset that he would dare compare himself with the one and only. {you know how Marcellus gets}. So the day after Beau was evicted they had him on the line on Housecalls and Marcellus let Gretchen do the entire interview while reading a magazine, pretending to do his nails, yawning, and generally making an ass out of himself. :lol: Marcellus is such a drama queen.

If I remember correctly, and I do - Beau also made the statement that Marcellas was too dark-complected for him to be interested in romantically. You know that set Marcy off! He was flailing and waving his wrists saying he was not interested in Beau and how DARE he say that. Marcy further said that it was good he wasn't Beau's type 'cause Beau had no chance in hell of getting any of that!, etc. It was HYSTERICAL!

Marcellas was the first one to make the comparison. Early on he complained about having a black gay bald guy on and said they were obviously trying to go for another Marcellas, to which he said they should have just put him (the real marcellas) in the house, which is obviously what he wanted. I think that started the ball rolling, and that's why he had a negative view of Beau from the beginning. Later, Beau allied himself with the fiendship, which only made it worse, though to be fair, Beau was only really aligned himself with that group due to being partners with Ivette who had completely committed to "Cappy". Beau was the only one who everyone liked and got along with throughout, even though he did get into a bit of a heated fight with Janelle (I think alcohol contributed to that one). He mostly tried to lay low.

I think the "blonde" comparison has a lot of merit in this situation.

Marcellas said that Beau was too flamboyant and too stereotypically gay. I remember thinking that Marcellas was closer than not to the very stereotype he was dissing.

If our gay congressman (Jim Kolbe, R-AZ) was on a scale of 1-10 of fitting that stereotype, he would be a 1 and Marcy would be at least a 7 with Beau being an 8 or 9. Any thoughts?

Beau is more flamboyant than Marcellus , but it's a matter of degree. I think Beau is a kind of a flamer. Your gaydar goes off on Beau immediately. It takes a little longer for it to go off on Marcellus. The mayor of a town in our area, Dan Stewart, is like Kolbe. The gaydar doesn't go off at all. You only know because he's so open about it.

Beau was great... as a punching bag for Janelle. The only thing missing was a pair of gloves for her, and a mouthpiece for him :lol:

Marcellas is a much smarter fella, who actually can be funny. His line about hot blondes being his undoing was quite an example!

I am also sure that the overstereotyped Beau doesn't impress people in gay communities.