Veto Power

I keep hearing speculation that whoever wins Veto can actually save someone on the nomination block AND replace them with someone else. But I am confused about this because I heard Erika say that if she saved one of the people nominated Kayser would have to replace them with someone else. So can someone explain if the HOH is still responsible for replacing any Veto refugees?

I think the Head of Household still decides who is put up. I thought I heard somewhere that if they were to get a DIAMOND power of veto instead of a Golden power of veto that the person that won it could then choose who they want to put up... But...I could be wrong...wait...I'm probably wrong.

The veto shows are usually boring because nobody ever uses it. I don't know why they make the nominees state why the veto should be used on them because the veto winner has already decided what he/she is going to do - nothing. The only time it's interesting is when a nominee wins it. By the way, didn't James win the veto last season when he and Sarah were both up for eviction? And was Sarah upset that he used it to save himself?

The Veto holder can only pick the replacement for who they take off if they are the current HoH (like Janelle was in week 1).

And Diamond Veto is like a regular Golden Veto, except that is what they call it when there are down to only 4 remaining houseguests, because at that point if a nominee takes themselves off, the HoH has to replace them with the fourth person, and if the fourth person wins it, they don't use it and get to cast the only eviction vote. (The HoH has never won it at that point, though. I wonder what they would do.)

I think the veto holder got to replace the houseguest only in the double HOH week. I could be wrong.

I think they were talking about the Veto Holder breaking a tie if there was one at the Eviction in the double HOH week, not selecting a replacement Nominee if the Veto was used. I don't remember hearing if both HOHs would have to agree on a replacement if the Veto had been used that week. Anyone else?

The veto shows are usually boring because nobody ever uses it. I don't know why they make the nominees state why the veto should be used on them because the veto winner has already decided what he/she is going to do - nothing. The only time it's interesting is when a nominee wins it.

Amen! It is a TOTAL waste of airtime for an HG to say "save me I'm nice" or "Do what you want." I do remember Ali getting Nathan to use it to save her sorry ass only to turn around and NOT use it to save him when she won it.

The veto shows are usually boring because nobody ever uses it. I don't know why they make the nominees state why the veto should be used on them because the veto winner has already decided what he/she is going to do - nothing. The only time it's interesting is when a nominee wins it. By the way, didn't James win the veto last season when he and Sarah were both up for eviction? And was Sarah upset that he used it to save himself?

yeah i hate this part to. it needs to be drop

:lol: thats what i am dying to hear. i cant believe no hg use that angle.

• 2 weeks later...

yes. no one would use veto then

Archived