Black/White

Lately, especially in season six and now it seems in season seven, the house is always divided black and white. For example, in season six, we have the Soverign Six and the Friendship. They all stayed on their own sides -- they never interacted (with the exception of Howie making the promise to Maggie). It all depended on who won the Head of Household competitions. If the Sov 6 won, then a Friendship was going home. If a Friendship won, then a Sov 6 was going home. There was no doubt to it. It all depended on who won the competition.

In earlier seasons, it seemed there wasn't such a strong contrast. For example, if an opposing alliance member had the power, it didn't necissarily mean you were going home. You might be able to get an agreement out of them. You might be able to trick them into nominating/evicting someone else.

Now, in season six and it looks like season seven, it's such a strong black/white contrast. There's no gray. It all depends on which team you're aligned with. And there's only two teams. And it all depends on who wins the competitions.

I don't really think I like that. I like the deciving and the convincing and the stradegy. It's kind of a bummer that it's gotten down to who wins the competitions. There's never any gray anymore (true, there's floaters -- but even then, it all depends on who they're buddy buddy with).

Anyone else feel this way?

Guest jordansmom

Yep i do. For me thats what made season 6 so boring for me. And now this season is starting to head that way. IMo this season won't get really good until someone like CG wins HOH. Ev1 else we know who they are going to put up.

That is true, for the most part. Which is why I agree with jordansmom when it was said, "...until someone like CG wins HOH."

However, even last night, on the broadcast, we started to see him gravitate towards the Will's Booger alliance (as Jun put it). He's starting to un-gray, but I hope he doesn't completely.

Guest jordansmom

I think on some level Mar is playing the game. I love his idea last night about putting up bogger. And for Diane and Nak it would have been odd to see them go around the house to try and get the other one out. Erika and CG i don't know what they are doing.

I think your partly right with the exception of Kaysar. If Kaysar saw things in black and white someone from Chill Town would be leaving now. I just want to make one point real clear I'm not a Kaysar fan but you have to respect his game. Most of the houseguest are playing checkers he's playing chess. In order for Kaysar to increse his odds of winning he needs to take his group and Chill Town to the final six. Kaysar hasn't said this but you can tell buy his actions he wants to sit next to Will or Boogie at the finals. I think Kaysar see shades of gray and the other houseguest need to adjust their game. One thing about Big Brother is the minute you stop thinking about the end game that's when it's game over

...but you have to respect his game. Most of the houseguest are playing checkers he's playing chess.

You're right. Being evicted twice in 3 weeks and raising your hand to strike a defenseless woman takes major brain power. No one else in this house could ever wrap their teeny tiny li'l minds around such a concept.

^^^

my god that is so last year did you even see the whole incident with no editing, you obviously

haven't or you wouldn't be making such a assinine assumption.

ivette was far from a victim far from a victim

and i have had a man raise his hand and strike me that is not what happened and those of us who know the truth are sad when you reference that.

it makes the real abuse of women children and in some cases men, so hard to understand for some people.

carvin have you raised your hand to a woman , did you recognise anything you see in yourself . that you keep using this in your post's please move on.

back to topic... I think the problem in season 6 and now 7 is the pre-show friendships that create alliances(whether real or percieved by other HGs). Look even at the attitude of the house inseason 5 when both twins were in the game. Even their friends in the house admitted they would never turn on each other, so it was better for one of them to leave sooner than later.

Add to this the fact that when one of the black/white alliances continues to win HOHs, it prevents the house from switching sides and strategizing, which only polarizes the house more.

One comment about Kaysar's game play that continues to bug me... (it's not just him, but since he is the current HOH, and I remember him doing it last season, I'll direct this at him now) Too often the current HOH says they are thinking '3 moves ahead', but their strategy tends to be dependant on their side winning the next HOH. Last season I remember Kaysar/SOV in the HOH naming who from their group would win HOH each week, then declaring they would all get to final 6. He and Janelle have done that this week, with them debating who from their group should win HOH next week, maybe allowing Howie to win it... that sort of thing. I feel that thinking is what dooms many HOHs, and causes them to be on the block the next week when the HOH is won by someone not in their group.

bb6 change the game forever for the worst. i remember the good o days of bb when it wasnt so predictable and folks wasnt afraid to vote how they felt

Yeah, that's my pet peeve and prime complaint about Kaysar is how he's always making the chess analogies and claiming his edge is thinking 3 moves ahead - ack!

I was a huge sov fan last year . . . this year I don't have a true fave but am rooting for the rest of the house probably because the sovs have been so dominant with their alliance and winning comps and stuff. Though I am kind of enjoying seeing the game played with one strong alliance who is trying to make the game about comps versus a bunch of people who rely more on manipulation to get ahead. It's kind of an interesting dynamic and kind of the way things seem to be in life too, eh? Like who here hasn't joined a club or started a new job that hasn't had a dominant in-group (the sovs) and a bunch of malcontents who are always scheming to take them down (Chilltown) . . .

But what do you all make about Diane lasting than Nakomis AGAIN . . . just luck or can you conclude that she's ultimately a better player? If a non-sov wins hoh this week it'll be interesting to be able to discuss whether the nominee' fates were sealed because they were such a target from the start or whether they just didn't have the strategy to prevail under the stressful circumstances (ie black and white or grey?).

kaysar addressed this the other day to janelle

he specifically said that he didnt want it to be

one team wins, pick off one of the others

other team wins, picks off one of the others

...well you get it...

that is part of his plan with these noms

he does NOT want it to be 2 teams picking each other off

i however, think these noms of his have put his alliance in danger

their only hope of not going up this week is if they...without kaysar, win hoh and cover their own butts

so let me just say

GO HOWIE GO

i will go on record saying that howie will win tonight

i just feel it in my bones...or in my boobies...howie would like that better

that guy is a trooper and a true good sport

he is on slop and NOT complaining

he has had an ear infection for a week and it is getting worse...and he is NOT complaining

will is constantly on his case and he gives it back as good as he gets it

howies strategy of talking about sex all the time and making ppl think he is a big dumb fool is obviously working

when you see him alone with kay and especially janie, thats when you see the real howie

he is kind, and respectful and caring and LOYAL

I'm thinking that Howie will probably be quite distracted tonight because of his ear infection. Apparently, he was to the point of not wanting to get out of bed. If he's not wanting to get out of bed, he's probably not going to do the best in the competition tonight.