Star Spotting

DivaSupreme

Let's see how many current TV regulars we can spot in old shows and report them here. I'll start out with some that I've picked up on recently.

1. Sir Richard Branson showed up on an old episode of Friends as a street vendor.

2. Scott Patterson of Gilmore Girls fame was on an early episode of Will & Grace as an old high school acquaintance of Grace's.

3. Tyne Daly appeared on one of this morning's many reruns of the Nanny as an older mirror image of Fran.

4. Michael Winters (aka Taylor Doose, the town egomaniac from the Gilmore Girls) was on a recent Nanny rerun as a potential investor in one of Maxwells shows.

Join in, its kind of fun to spot someone in an old rerun or vice versa, someone from the old days on a new show. If you see someone who rings a bell, let us know.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Diva, I just saw the episode of the Golden Girls with George Clooney and thought about how far he's gone since I first saw him on Facts of Life. So I'll keep it going, Danny Masterson from That 70's Show on Roseanne as Darlene's boyfriend.

Guest powder_keg
Let's see how many current TV regulars we can spot in old shows and report them here.

Funny this thread showed up today because I was just watching "Seinfeld" yesterday with one of my favorite episodes, "The Sponge," which features Scott Patterson of "Gilmore Girls." And, yes, Billy (Scott Patterson) was sponge-worthy.

"Seinfeld" also had an episode on last week featuring another "Gilmore Girls" actor, Lauren Graham. She played Valerie in "The Millennium" which had Graham's character and Jerry involved in a speed dial dilemma. Speaking of Lauren Graham, one of my favorite characters of hers was playing Shelly, the ditzy and clingy girlfriend of Richard on "Caroline in the City." I miss repeats of that series.

Is "crappy role" part of the requirements, then I nominate Jason Alexander of "Seinfeld" for his role of "Jim" on "Newhart."

For "Seinfeld" players, we need to start a thread "Look How Low They've Fallen." Of course the the Seinfeld cast is still above infomercials (Cher) and selling vacation property (Erik Estrada).

-M

For "Seinfeld" players, we need to start a thread "Look How Low They've Fallen."  Of course the the Seinfeld cast is still above infomercials (Cher) and selling vacation property (Erik Estrada).

*GASP* But their greatness lives on in the reruns that I watch EVERYDAY.

Guest ranster627

Tom Poston just played a clown in the closet in a short lived NBC Series ... I forget the name of it right now ...