Messing with the HouseGuests

I'm sure that the Big Brother house is nearly completely controled by the producers and staff behind the scenes. And I'm sure they use that power to control normal stuff in the house that the HGs are fully aware of.

But, in my opinion, Big Brother should mess with the HouseGuests more.

For instance, one moment, they should blast air conditioning into the rooms, making it quite cold. Fifteen minutes later, they should blast warm hair into the rooms, making it warmer. If they did it gradually enough, it would take awhile for the HouseGuests to catch on. That could be quite amusing to watch.

Another thing I think they should do is mess with time. Granted, they don't have a clock in the house (at least not one I've seen), but they should install one next season. And they should increase the time the minutes go by, and slow them down at other times. Obviously, they would have to keep the sunlight in mind. But they could make 30 seconds appear as 60 seconds one time during the sunlight, then make 120 seconds appear as 60 minutes an hour later, still in the sunlight.

For this season, or if they didn't want to install a clock, they could do something else. You know how they often say things like, "Good morning HouseGuests! The veto ceremony will begin in two hours."? They could say that, then prompt the HouseGuests to start the Veto Ceremony in one hour.

They could also do things like make a soft beeping sound come through in one room, especially when there is only one or two people in it. Or maybe have a soft whisper come through in one room, so it's like someone is talking to the HouseGuest.

These would all be more fun, of course, if the HouseGuests were drunk. But still, they could have some fun.

It just seems like Big Brother has/could have all this power, but they don't use it enough. In a high-stress situation like living in the BB house, little things like those could really tick off a HouseGuest, and it could increase the stress and make for some fun situations.

there is a clock in the microwave. :)

but yes, i think they should mess with the house guest.

ohh at 9am they could say "good morning houseguest, the veto ceromony will begin in 90 minutes" and then wait 5 minutes and announce "houseguest, the veto ceromony will begin in 5 minutes"

haaahaaa then they would all scramble to get up and make their way to the living room.

one thing I've thought about... is how BB sometimes tells the HGs... the lights must remain on during the day... I'm surprised they don't have the house wired where BB can control the lights when needed... if the HGs aren't allowed to turn the lights off at certain times, BB should have it where the switches don't work for the HGs :)

ohhhhh, what season did they give that shocking game to the HGs? Maybe they could hook that up to the light switches during the times the HGs aren't supposed to turn the lights off? Flip the switch, get a shock! lolol

this season seems to be lacking in twists, in the past seasons they really screwed with the house guests (season 5 with nak and cowboy lol or the twin sor the ex's in bb 4 even the "secrets" last year) this season not soo much... and i think it's getting kinda boring in the house

I would like to have BB use the music or white noise ratherthan the flames on the feeds. But instead of ME (a paying viewer, mind you :angry: ) getting shut out, Big Brother blasts static in the house. That way, more things will happen like:

1. The other HG's would get more annoyed with the singing than the feeders

2. People whispering would have to speak up (then BB could cut the static and everyone could hear)

3. Hg's could start using the loud noise as a weapon...or warning system

These are all great ideas! I hope the producers are reading this thread.

I like the static thing too - better yet, an ear-splitting siren or some hokey seventies music at just under the OSHA limit of 80dB. Even the BB theme would be better than just cutting away. The mics should not a problem. Each HG's wireless mic is controlled through a mix board in the sound room. The sound tech can raise or lower the level from the control room. Why they just don't cut the mic instead of the camera makes no sense to me since the cameras don't record the audio.

my guess has always been that BB cuts the feed so that they can announce to the HGs to stop singing... and for some reason BB doesn't want the live feed viewers to hear BB talking to the HGs... so many of the time BB has something to say to the HGs, they cut the feeds... I think...

Yeah, but we hear them talk to the HouseGuest other times. For example, this morning, twice I heard BB say "Good Morning HouseGuests! The veto ceremony wil begin in XX minutes." And I've heard them tell the HGs to stop singing before. So I doubt it's that.

Archived