Food Restriction

Louise

I think that the food restrictions are an intersting facet to the game, but I like better when the whole house has to compete for food items vs. PB & J /slop. I did think that last year they were all able to celebrate when on restriction.

They talked about penelty noms last year. Did anyone evere get one? I think that sinec they have never used the slop they should give them sugar or whatever to keep them going.

I am inclined to think that oatmeal alone is rather a poor diet which would leave one very low on energy and hungry all the time as it is essentially a carb.

From what I gathered on tonight's show, it isn't just oatmeal. There's stuff in it that makes it stink - probably powdered eggs, dehydrated veggies and other nutritious cardboard tidbits which is probably why they call it BB slop instead of oatmeal.

I think that the food restrictions are an intersting facet to the game, but I like better when the whole house has to compete for food items vs.

I agree. I liked it last year when the entire house competed for eating on days of the week. For instance, so-and-so had to answer a question correctly or correctly do a task and they got food for Monday.

That's how I think the food competitions should work.

Of course, with half of the house eating and the other on a restriction, it does cause friction and drama.

from what the houseguest were saying this afternoon... they will be able to eat later tonight. possibly at midnight.

they were all listing the things that they wanted to eat... and someone said "we cant eat till later tonight but that doesnt mean we cant cook it now. we can cook it all night until we can eat it." (something like that)

so they will all get to eat later, maybe to give them a chance to get some real food in them before they have the next food comp.

Despite being a carb, he oatmeal should actually stick with them fairly well since it's a true whole grain. Whole grains are recommended for diabetics because they don't cause that spike and crash in the blood sugar level. Perhaps it's the added sugar that is making them soon lifeless. Or because it's such a gross consistency, they just aren't eating enough for energy.

The HGs are going to need to be careful when they come off that stuff. They can't just eat five, greasy cheeseburgers right away, because they're body isn't going to be ready for that. They're going to need to ease into it.

Fruits and veggies first, perhaps? Then, once their body has adjusted to that, they can move onto more regular food.

Archived