Fire Me ... Please

salter-path

fireheader21iw.gif

This new four-episode reality series follows two people starting new jobs on the same day, with the goal of intentionally getting fired by 3PM. To most people, getting fired seems like it would be the end of the world, but what if getting fired meant you could win $25,000? The person that gets fired closest to, but does not go past, the 3PM deadline wins the cash prize. Hidden cameras capture the action as the participants drive their managers and co-workers crazy with outrageous behavior.

Fire Me ... Please

9:00 PM - CBS

daveholmesfiremeplease2400xh.jpg

Dave Holmes "Fire Me- Please" Host

Sometimes, it seems as though the American public is bipolar. On one hand, we have uplifting reality TV like "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"; on the other hand, we have CBS' new entry, "Fire Me ... Please." Two people begin new jobs with the goal of being fired. The contestants aren't allowed to ask to be fired, break the law or say they're on a game show. Dave Holmes (MTV's "Total Request Live") hosts.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Fire Me... Please

Ever wondered what it would be like to go into your job and completely lose control and act out your worst inner fantasies and such? Then this Punk'd-esque show is perfect for you. While no one goes postal (you lose the challenge if you break the law) the outrageous things that people will do for money is just mind boggling. From Katie who smelled all the stores merchandise and then climbed on top of the clothing rack and tried to take a nap, to Cherise who too her shoes off and galloped around the hat store and asked to borrow her co-workers deodorant, you just never know what odd thing these people will do next. I did get a kick out of Kurt who thought the cappuccino machine was the devil, but I kind of felt really wrong for laughing at any of these antics. Especially when the bad staffers started nearing their 3 o'clock deadline to get canned and they amped up the crazy. I couldn't help but be empathetic with the poor staff that had to work with them even if they did get a kick out of the jokes afterwards. Although, I do have one question for the store owners who agreed to participate, was part of your involvement so that you could see what your employees do all day on hidden camera? Because I have to say in almost all of these cases, it seemed like there was a lot of standing around and gossiping and not all that many customers to merit the staffing. Oh no, I hope that comment doesn't get anyone fired. Or is that the real point?

I watched this last night and thought it was hilarious. I am unsure if Im that simpleminded or if it really was as funny as I though it was, but I was cracking up! Reminded me of a girl I hired once.. at 10 am (she started at 9)she said.."btw did I tell you that I need hourly walks outside to help me with my narcolepsy(sp) and if you see me nodding off..its ok. I will wake up soon" She lasted til noon.

You're right mango, the store owners are in on it. The managers are not. I thought it was funny, embarrassing too. The extent people will go for $25,000 (think that was the amount).

Did anybody watch tonight's episode? Oh my gosh that lady who was laying on the floor chanting this is boring this is boring you are boring ROFL. I was cracking up. :) That one lady who was singing in the store wow those woman were so rude talking behind her back like that..

That guy who was talking about his dead grandfather and then kept going to get a glass of water ROFL.

That other guy who kept going in the bathroom and moaning then didn't wash his hands ROFL. Sorry I forgot all of their names.. Who wants to be on that show? That would be cool to be on there rofl.

Sonya...that lady on the floor singing 'boring, boring, this is boring, nobody said it would be boring' had me laughing so hard. The pretzels dropping on the floor?? and the manager waits until she goes out to vacuum them instead of telling her to vacuum them up....lol. Then she comes back into the store...'I bought more pretzels so we never run out.' LMAO...so funny.

I'm really surprised that the last 2 stayed at their jobs as long as they did.

Sonya...that lady on the floor singing 'boring, boring, this is boring, nobody said it would be boring' had me laughing so hard. The pretzels dropping on the floor?? and the manager waits until she goes out to vacuum them instead of telling her to vacuum them up....lol. Then she comes back into the store...'I bought more pretzels so we never run out.' LMAO...so funny.

I'm really surprised that the last 2 stayed at their jobs as long as they did.

The "BORING" woman was definitely the best! OMG, soooooo funny!! I really wanted her to win! :D

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Fire Me... Please

While the first episode was sort of novel and offered a few chuckles, this one was just tedious. The obnoxious laugh track and the people doing ridiculous things get old real fast. Can I give this show a pink slip? Please? I did learn that if you want to drive your coworkers nuts, constant singing, humming and whistling will do the trick. I still don't understand how these small stores stay in business with so many employees and so few customers. But in retrospect, I think it's probably best that there aren't too many customers involved in these inane pranks. This means that there's less likelihood of their making fools of themselves, like employee Kelly, who says stupidly that Cat is "like school in the summer

Talk about having your knickers in a twist!* (Not you QW, the tv guide guy)

I missed the first eppy last week, but enjoyed it this week. Silly, fun show.

*(still trying to untwist out of mine, ranster. Drew and Diane, together...whoa..the thrill of hearing that is just way too much for me to bear....quick, somebody fan me.)

That guy who was going in the bathroom and started to moan and who didn't wash his hands, What was he REALLY doing in the bathroom? :) did he really have to go or did he just go in there to make moaning noises? ROFL. Can't wait for next week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody watch tonight's episode? :) So funny! The guy in the dog grooming place was so sloooooow washing the doggies.. I kept aweing at the cute little wet dogs. :) They were so cute. :)

The lady at the scrapbooking store telling her boss and everyone that she hates scrapbooking ROFL.

That one lady at the clothing shop kept "throwing up" in the bathroom ROFL ROFL. When she did it once I was hoping she would keep doing it and then she did! How did she make that noise in the toilet? Unless she really was throwing up. Gee I hope not then I'm going to feel really bad laughing at that. Glad she won the money. :)