Hilfiger's Reality Show 'The Cut'

salter-path

CBS Reveals Participants in The Cut

CBS has unveiled the identities of the participants in THE CUT, a new reality series with iconic design mogul Tommy Hilfiger, whose rags-to-riches journey is the basis for the competition in which these contestants will find themselves. Literally living Tommy's life in fast forward, these 16 style-savvy contestants will compete in a series of grueling style assignments which test their talent, business acumen, sales and marketing expertise, social skills, resourcefulness and style IQs. The series will premiere on Thursday, June 9 (8:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Hilfiger hosts the series and will ultimately offer the winner an American dream come true -- the opportunity to design his or her own collection under the Tommy Hilfiger label, and to become the next great American designer.

Looking for creative genius, Hilfiger has chosen 16 hopefuls from various regions of America. Living in a Manhattan loft, this colorful and eclectic group ranges from a desperate housewife in St. Louis who hopes to escape from suburbia, and a Brooklyn street artist who is looking to provide a better life for his five kids, to a New Orleans socialite used to the finer things in life, and a spirited 21-year-old former Miss Minnesota who is looking to prove she is much more than a pretty face. Each week, these 16 contestants will face an exacting and demanding Hilfiger. Out of this intense creative challenge, which will test their ability to handle diverse and unexpected situations and assignments, the next generation's great designer will emerge.

Following are the 16 participants:

FELIX

Los Angeles

Single

Professional Skate Boarder and Freelance Designer

The son of Cuban immigrants, this self-made skateboard pro is unrelenting in his work ethic and stubborn to a fault.

JEFF

Chicago

Married with 2 children

Salesman

This fashion industry veteran has the self confidence to claim, "I have the potential to blow the mind."

DEANNA

West Hollywood, Calif.

Single

Retail Manager and Stylist for a boutique on trendy Melrose Avenue

This avant-garde, brash stylist clashes with her fellow competitors as much as the off-the-wall clothing she wears.

CHRIS C.

San Francisco

Single

Student

From the wrong side of the tracks, this Hilfiger fanatic is looking to grab the attention of his idol.

WES

New Orleans

Single

Creative Director

The "All American boy with a twist" employs lethal tactics to get an edge over his competition in this game.

JESSICA

St. Paul, Minn.

Single

Miss Minnesota USA, 2004

A Midwest beauty queen who wants to prove she is much more than a just a pretty face.

VLADA

Chesterfield, Mo.

Single

Sales Associate

This Russian beauty is looking to use her natural assets to charm her way to the top.

JULIE

St. Louis, Mo.

Married with 3 children

Full-Time Mom

A desperate housewife who is looking to escape suburbia.

LIZ

West Hollywood, Calif.

Single

Publisher/Editor

This Beverly Hills business woman causes storms of controversy with her sharp and biting manner.

AMY

Chicago

Single

Fashion Stylist

This fun and vivacious stylist has much to say -- to the dismay of the other contestants.

CHRIS S.

Nashville, Tenn.

Single

Restaurateur

A football-loving, southern boy who wants to prove that great designers can be found in unexpected places.

SHAUNA

New Orleans

Married with 2 children

Unemployed

A New Orleans socialite who is used to the finer things in life who will have to adjust to a whole new world.

ROB

Brooklyn, N.Y.

Married with 5 children

Graphic Designer

A Brooklyn street artist looking to make a better life for his wife and kids.

TOMMY

Chicago

Single

Teacher

This experienced couture designer thinks he has this competition wrapped up -- or so he is convinced.

PRINCESS

Philadelphia, Penn.

Single

Freelance Designer

This business savvy designer is looking to turn the fashion industry on its head with her urban chic.

JAMES

Encinitas, Calif.

Single

Production for a sportswear company

A guy's guy from the beaches of San Diego

15 minutes into it and the 'designers' look interesting..so far Im hooked...but this chick called 'Princess' is gonna be a handful..YAY :wink:

He Just acted way to "oh im better than you and everybody I can know I did my billboard better." OH PLEASE

The one on broadway would not have been bad had they wrote it bigger And more canvas I agree with Tommy you pay that money use all the space.But in general decent idea IMO

TOM

IMO, the most clever and original thought to come out of any of these reality "job" shows. I don't remember the guys name that came up with it but, I think it was eric or rick? I don't know if I like him or not... seemed he was swinging from too much confidence to arrogance or too little confidence to overly bravodo.

I didn't like that they didn't give the girl with the idea for getting a cost reduction more credit for that plan but, then again... the disgusting display in the bathroom and the striptease to a married man was wrong on many ldifferent evels.

I totally agreed with the girl that got upset about her coat. I mean there she is working her arse off for them... the least they could do is keep an eye or her stuff... big time lack or respect and self absorbtion on those "wait arounders".

Those are the ones that stuck out the most to me. I don't have a favorite yet because I'm going to base that on creativity for design but, I have some that I hope are good. :D

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The Cut

Did we really need another cookie-cutter Apprentice show to get through the summer? I mean Tommy Hilfiger makes some cool clothes and has slightly better hair than The Donald, but his catchphrase "You're out of style" needs some major work. It just doesn't have that special ring to it.

You know, the one that lends itself to T-shirts and coffee mugs and repetition around the country. I also thought it was interesting that he made them walk the runway on their way out when their challenge had so little to do with actual fashion. It was more about leadership skills and graphic design or lack there of. Poor Amy, we hardly knew ye, in fact I barely remember seeing you so I can't exactly be so sad that you are gone. But good luck, do something different with that hair next time you plan on meeting a world famous designer. My early favorite is Princess, she's hysterical. Anyone who admits to being a cross between a vixen, diva and bitch in her first interview is bound to bring the fun in. And for the boys I like Wes, but only because he's kind of cute. As for the billboards, I literally work around the corner from them and never noticed either of them. I imagine that I was probably annoyed by the cranes or people blocking the sidewalk as I usually am when they're putting up a new Times Square billboard. I just hope the next challenge is more fashion-forward, because so far I'm worried that the business folks on the actual Apprentice spent more time working with clothing than these aspiring designers will get to.

TOM

I didn't like that they didn't give the girl with the idea for getting a cost reduction more credit for that plan but, then again... the disgusting display in the bathroom and the striptease to a married man was wrong on many ldifferent evels. 

I don't think that was the same girl..Wasn't the girl who Made the deal the Beauty Queen from Minnesota Jessica? The girl who was stripping was Vlada

TOM

I don't think that was the same girl..Wasn't the girl who Made the deal the Beauty Queen from Minnesota Jessica? The girl who was stripping was Vlada

Hmmmm... I thought Jessica was the girl doing the stripping but, I guess I'm wrong... sorry. :oops:

Guest ranster627

The Cut

Shauna wants to quit this childish reality series because it has nothing to do with fashion design. Welcome to the freakin' club, Shauna. Even though I think she may have a screw loose, she's got a point. And James is the only one who can sew! Can you see me rolling my eyes? Honestly tonight's episode was more Pimp My Ride than Project Runway, had more product placements than The Apprentice and even recycled a celeb

Sheesh... it's so quiet on this thread tonight I'm almost wishing not to pop it to the top. But, being as I raved about being from St. Louis in another thread today and how much I miss it ... I just HAD to say something about that sad excuse of a person Julie.

They kept saying St. Louis over and over ... (someone in production must have had a bad experience there once :cry: ) as if all people from St. Louis are as closed minded, ignorant, stuck up... wannabe's. (Ok, so there's two of them cause I just realized Vlada is from Chesterfield and she po'd me tonight too... she might not be closed-minded but, she is a stuck up wannabe, imo.)

At first I was down right embarrassed of Julie's actions and words but, then I calmed down and realized that I had nothing to be upset about for my city... but, instead be sad for this mother and her children and the people that live their lives with their heads up their ummm... butt. Hopefully, at the very least... she'll learn something from this and make a change in her life.

*steps off soap box* Sorry... just had to vent a bit. :oops:

Oh, one more thing... I couldn't agree more with Hilfiger's friend that had the party in Cape Cod... I thought he pegged the four cast members to a tee!!!

Guest ranster627

The Cut

OK, it is time for Princess to go. I didn't even learn any fun new words from her this week, though perhaps if her poetry weren't almost entirely censored I would have. I'd feel bad for Chris S. getting ousted if I had a clue who the heck he was. Honestly, I don't remember seeing him in any of the two previous challenges. I was liking Shauna the fur killer, but now that she's on this witch hunt to get rid of the uppity but seemingly competent Liz, I think she should be on the to be cut list pretty soon too. But the biggest shocker of the night was Julie

Guest ranster627

TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The Cut

I'm in shock! They finally did a challenge that involved designing and used the previously wasted special cutting room for the project. But my mind is still very confused by the fact that few of the contestants had any experience with design or sewing. How the heck did they get on this show? Did they not realize that the object of this show was to get a fashion line with Tommy Hilfiger? I mean, the people who try to work for Trump have at least some business sense or skills. Anyway, annoying Little Tommy was supposed to learn the reality-TV lesson that if you are a control freak and the task goes bad, you'll be the one to take the fall. But the stubborn, self-involved guy proved that he was just a freak to the very end by insisting that Big Boss Tommy would realize that he made a huge mistake. My thinking is that Tommy H.'s big error in judgment is not finding a way to get rid of pervy Jeff, who creeped me out bad when I saw him on the street trying to wrangle models. Ick. Oh, and a side note to Shauna: There are no sick days on reality shows!

Couldn't stand him either, but poor guy, he put in so much work. I have a question, why did the other team use seamstresses but Tommy's team didn't? Is that allowed? If so, wouldn't Tommy's team have been better off getting extra help in too? :?:

TH did indicate that they could use a portion of the money to get a seamstress but Tommy said he could do the sewing. They spent the extra money on that material for the "main" dress. Terrible dress. It looked like a sack. I was really expecting more from that team with Princess and Tommy being on the same side. However, it should be noted, that I didn't/don't want either of them to win. I haven't really decided who I want to win but I have figured out those that get on my last nerve.

TH did indicate that they could use a portion of the money to get a seamstress but Tommy said he could do the sewing.  They spent the extra money on that material for the "main" dress.  Terrible dress.  It looked like a sack.  I was really expecting more from that team with Princess and Tommy being on the same side.  However, it should be noted, that I didn't/don't want either of them to win.  I haven't really decided who I want to win but I have figured out those that get on my last nerve.

Thanks, DefntlyDiffrnt! I missed that part cuz I was off doing other stuff! I think I like Liz (is that her name?) - the one who designed the winning dress....

TH did indicate that they could use a portion of the money to get a seamstress but Tommy said he could do the sewing. They spent the extra money on that material for the "main" dress. Terrible dress. It looked like a sack. I was really expecting more from that team with Princess and Tommy being on the same side. However' date=' it should be noted, that I didn't/don't want either of them to win. I haven't really decided who I want to win but I have figured out those that get on my last nerve.[/quote']

Thanks, DefntlyDiffrnt! I missed that part cuz I was off doing other stuff! I think I like Liz (is that her name?) - the one who designed the winning dress....

I like liz too and the other contestants are constantly ragging on her!!!!

Ok, I defntly like Liz. I defntly DO NOT like Deanna, Shauna, and Princess. Deanna and Shauna are EVIL! Evil women. Ack! I hope that someone like Liz or Jeff wins. They tried to gang up against Jeff b/c he got the denim guy to do the work on the jeans. HA! Can you say backfired??? Tommy told him it was the best move. Good! Put the evil witches in their place. I find TH funny at the end of the show when he rants before leaving. LOL

I have really got into this show. :D

BTW, your welcome. Glad I could help out.

Guest ranster627

Channel Surfing

I'm officially cutting The Cut from my summer viewing schedule. How could Tommy Hilfiger get rid of James? He's the only person who hasn't completely annoyed me at some point over the course of the show. If Hilfiger's not careful, he's going to end up with that wacko Jeff running his company and sleazily hitting on underage girls on the side. Aside from James and the innocuous (but not flu-inoculated) Jessica, everyone in this episode got under my skin. I'm kind of curious to see who wins, but watching this week after week is just so tedious; there must be some other reality show to replace it as my guilty pleasure.