Season 2

salter-path

ABC has confirmed reports of Samual L Jackson and Tina Weston joining LOST was a Hoax.

June 6, 2005 -- What is it with the Internet Movie Database (IMDB.com) and bogus actors' credits? Last March, Demi Moore's IMDB "credits" included an upcoming (fall) role on Fox's "The O.C."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Ausiello

Question: Any chance you could get the name of the actor leaving Lost in October due to a contract dispute? Or at least a not-so-subtle hint? Fans are literally going nuts debating this.

Ausiello: Well, they can relax. Turns out the source of that rumor

• 2 months later...

Lost Cast Interviews

A to Z (well, P) with the castaways from the hit series.

by Todd Gilchrist

In honor of the September 6, 2005 release of Lost - The Complete First Season on home video, IGN DVD spoke to the cast and crew to discuss the past, present and future of the hit show. In attendance for the DVD release event were Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Maggie Grace, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Dominic Monaghan, Emilie de Ravin, Harold Perrineau, and Terry O'Quinn. Check out their individual comments below about the DVD release and the destinies of their characters on Season Two of Lost, which premieres Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 9pm.

na6iu.jpg

Naveen Andrews is no stranger to international audiences, particularly after delivering a complex and deeply moving performance in Anthony Minghella's adaptation of the Michael Ondaatje novel The English Patient. Subsequent roles have included everything from sumptuous period films (Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love) to minimalist indie pics (last year's Easy), and his character on Lost Sayid Jarrah, finds Andrews playing yet another unexpected role: a former Iraqi soldier whose colored past proves immeasurably useful on an island where resourcefulness is worth its weight in gold.

IGN DVD: What are your favorite extras on the DVD?

Naveen Andrews: I haven't seen it yet, and I hope to be given a free copy at least. Isn't that why we're here? Who's got a free copy? No, I look forward to it because what I've heard is they use film of us coming for auditions - and I never agreed to that.

IGN: Were you disappointed by the lack of inform,ation given at the end of Season One?

Andrews: We have to sustain the audience's interest and if you give too much away, as I've learned, it's like you come too quickly. You can't give the audience too much. You have to keep them wanting more, and Damon is extremely good at doing that on many different levels. It's frustrating I'm sure, and sometime it's frustrating to play, that but he has to do it. It's TV.

IGN: How do you think will new cast members will affect the dynamic of the set?

Andrews: I think we're just at the beginning. I think we're just about to take off in terms of where we can go. Now we have an audience, and I think the network will be much more relaxed about letting us go in certain direction than maybe they would have been before.

Were you concerned about relocating to Hawaii, since anyone's character can die at any time?

Andrews: I think we all had that as a concern. That monster there is like a producer's dream, isn't it? Any one of us could get bumped off at any time and we're all aware of it. It keeps you on your toes.

IGN: What's the toughest part of being on the show?

Andrews: The fact that you have to sustain a performance over 10 months playing the same character. It's a discipline. There's a temptation to try and come up with new, fresh ways of playing the character that may not necessarily be true to the character just for the sake of doing it. So I think it requires a great discipline not to.

eder4gh.jpg

Emilie de Ravin's been a small-screen siren (TV's Roswell), but never a mother; that is, until she agreed to play Claire Littleton, a very-pregnant single mom who survives unharmed from the crash of Lost's Oceanic Flight 81. Expect much bigger things from this actress, who's a pixie powerhouse on the series.

IGN DVD: When you started the show, did you expect it to become such a phenomenon?

Emilie de Ravin: No. 'You never know' is really how it always is. You never know. It's such a big arena. You've got a whole country who's got to enjoy it. We had a great feeling about it doing the pilot, just dynamic and the story idea; where they wanted to go with it is pretty amazing.

IGN: What's it like dealing with sci-fi fanboys?

de Ravin: I don't know. I haven't really dealt with it much. They're very supportive, I must say. It's amazing. They kind of come up with all these theories that I haven't even thought of, which is pretty cool. I think it's nice to have a show that makes an audience think so much and really are encouraged to have their own interpretations of things and their own ideas of what's happened or not happened or going to happen.

IGN: What did you contribute to the DVD?

de Ravin: We didn't do anything specific. There was stuff we did throughout the year that I'm sure they're using. We've had people on set for the DVD interviews which has been fun, just fun questions and learning about our characters and what not. But a majority of it is that. And some audition tapes and fun stuff, cut scenes.

IGN: Do you have a favorite episode or is there one you would have liked to given a commentary?

de Ravin: It'd be kind of weird and interesting doing one for when I was giving birth, which I'm glad I didn't do that. I don't know, there's a scene on there that was cut from the season finale which is a flashback of me and the pilot at the airport before the plane takes off. That was a really nice scene which kind of was quite baited with the things we were talking about to what would happen, which I find quite interesting to see.

IGN: Can you tell us more about the new survivors we meet this season?

de Ravin: Probably not. It's going to be definitely interesting adding new dynamics to a group of people who have become close, in an odd family-esque kind of way.

How many are there?

de Ravin: I don't know, really. I only know of one or two right now. Two right now and open to more. I think we haven't been told specifically.

IGN: How much of your own character arc were you told in advance?

de Ravin: You find out certain things as it goes on. We're not given scripts much in advance, but as far as important factors, you're told things that you would look silly if you didn't know.

IGN: How do you fill in the blanks?

de Ravin: I think with TV, you have a background for your character in your mind, where she's come from, what she's doing in her past, her child life, what her childhood growing up has been like. And then sometimes you're wrong. You can't do anything about that because we don't have episode 20 on episode 1. So that's definitely something that television is kind of an interesting thing to work with as an actor because you don't want to make character decisions that are going to maybe not make sense later on, but here they work with us pretty well on that.

IGN: Where is Claire going in the first few episodes? Can you give us a clue?

de Ravin: Not really. We're kind of focused on a lot of hatch-oriented things right now. We're only in Episode 2. The baby's still there and it's good, and it still looks normal.

mfox3fw.jpg

Despite being in Hollywood for more than a decade, Matthew Fox has surprisingly few credits to his resume - including bit parts in b-movies (My Boyfriend's Back), turns in TV dramas (If I Die Before I Wake), and acclaimed but ratings-deficient series (Party of Five). All of which adds up to one of the longest-delayed overnight-stardom stories in Tinseltown history: as Lost's Jack, Fox provides the intellectual center and moral compass for the surviving denizens of Oceanic Flight 81, which together make for a fairly irresistible combination for both male and female viewers.

IGN DVD: Why do you think Lost is such a hit all over the world?

Matthew Fox: I think it's the same reason why it's working well here, honestly. It's an international cast. I think that's part of it. It's sort of a show about the human species, not a show about anybody from any particular country or any nationality or any religious background. It's a show about us, like 'us' in the whole world. I think that certainly must appeal to all the countries that are not the US. I'm sure they're tired of seeing shows exported to them that are US shows that are sold to them. This feels like a show that's an 'us' show. I think that that probably makes it a little bit more appealing to the rest of the world. I think it's just great storytelling as well. I think that every episode leaves you in a place where you're like, 'oh my God, I have no idea what's going to happen next week but I can't friggin' wait to find out'.

IGN: What will people additionally get out of the DVD release?

Fox: Well, I think honestly they're going to have an opportunity to watch the show without commercial ads and they're going to have it in Cinescope. It's going to be more powerful that way. It's going to be really cool to be able to see it without the commercial breaks and in Cinescope. Also, they're going to have all these extras that are really cool. And I think there's a lot of people out there also as well that haven't sat down with the show because they came to it a little late and they feel like they missed out on too much. So I think they're really excited about an opportunity to catch up in their own time and get into the show for the season premiere of the second season.

IGN: Do you think Jack will realize that because he's the only doctor, he probably shouldn't risk his life so often?

Fox: That's something that I've thought about obviously, and I think there's probably been part of the audience that's going like what the hell is he doing going out there and putting himself at risk when he's the only one that knows how to fix anyone? But you are talking about a guy who's really, really intense. He's admittedly intense and his flashbacks show why he is that guy. He's certainly not perfect, man. He's making mistakes left and right but he's doing it with all good intentions.

IGN: Several of the existing cast members - including you - auditioned for the Sawyer role. How different would the show have been if you got that role?

Fox: Oh, it would have been really different. I would have enjoyed playing it. It's a snappy role, it's a fun role and Josh does such a great job with it. We have a really good time playing those two characters and really messing with each other. We have days when we don't talk to each other too much, and then we hug each other and move on.

One of the bonus features documents your on-set photography. How did you get the initial inspiration to do that?

Fox: I totally ripped off the idea from Jeff Bridges. I'm unashamed to admit that. I have a friend, Scott Wolf, who worked on a movie, White Squall, with Jeff Bridges and I remember seeing the book that Scott got from that project. I was like, 'Oh, that's the coolest cast and crew gift anybody could ever give anybody'. So when I came into doing the pilot, I thought, 'I'm going to take a bunch of pictures and if I think they're good enough to do this, I'm going to give them as gifts'. And I did that. I have a friend who's in the printing business, we had a really good time putting it all together and laying it all out and we made books. I gave them away as gifts and then the DVD people approached me about having that as a certain section on the DVD which I think turned out really cool.

IGN: What kind of pressure do you face to keep the series going when it's been as instantly successful as this one?

Fox: Obviously, there's more pressure on this year because of the success of the show. The audience is as big as it's ever been and growing. I'm not saying we're not feeling the pressure, because we are, but I also think we're the type of people who thrive on that kind of pressure and everybody is kind of going 'yeah, bring it on - we're going to take you on a ride this year and it's going to be great, You're going to beg for more'.

grace7cl.jpg

Still a relative newcomer to the movie industry, Maggie Grace quickly became one of the most sought-after actresses in Hollywood after showing up as the bitchy Shannon Rutherford in Lost. Future projects include a role in the upcoming remake of John Carpenter's The Fog, but it's her turn on this phenomenally-successful TV series that seems to be causing the most audience overheating.

IGN DVD: Did you have any idea when you joined the show that Lost would become such a phenomenon?

Maggie Grace: It had a lot of potential and we were very excited about it, but no, never.

IGN: What do you think fans will get out of watching the DVD?

Grace: I think the show really lends itself well to that. Like I just mentioned, there's quite a lot to keep up with and a lot you don't catch the first time around. I know I certainly don't with the scripts; it'll take a couple passes and I'll still notice things that didn't jump out at first. There are just so many threads going at once, I think it will really translate well to DVD. I certainly can't wait to give myself a little review.

IGN: Are we going to see anything special this season that you can talk about?

Grace: I'm excited about some of the flashbacks of Claire and her brother.

IGN: Will she still be as bratty in Season Two?

Grace: We're going to see a reason why she's become that way.

IGN: Will her transformation hinge on getting over Boone's death?

Grace: That's something that would affect a person for life, but I think it's provoked a lot of things within her.

IGN: Will we see Ian in flashbacks at all?

Grace: I don't know what I can or what I cannot say. (Editor's Note: That's a yes.)

kim6mr.jpg

Daniel Dae Kim started his career with a role in the martial arts movie American Shaolin, and under other circumstances such a debut might have relegated him eternally to the ranks of Hollywood's kung fu fighters. Fortunately, a number of other parts - including in The Jackal, Hulk and Spider-Man 2 - helped him escape the dangers of ethnic typecasting, and he soon found himself in the epicenter of TV's hottest drama. On Lost, Kim plays Jin, a Korean-speaking businessman who attempts to reconcile a Faustian bargain with his wife Sun's father while eking out a meager existence on the survivor's island destination.

IGN DVD: What will people particularly like about the Lost experience on DVD?

Daniel Dae Kim: I think the experience of sitting down when you're ready to watch it, with some popcorn in front of you or whatever and sitting around with your friends. Being able to stop and start and watch as much as you want or as little as you want is pretty unique to DVD. I think DVD rewards people who watch actively because if you get a chance to watch in a way that you can see the little clues that the writers are dropping in every episode; you'll get more out of the series, I think.

IGN: What did you contribute to the DVD?

Kim: Well, I acted in some of the episodes (laughs). I think part of my audition is on there, and I'm sure that there's some footage of me in the gag reel.

IGN: How did you build your relationship with Yunjin Kim?

Kim: Yunjin and I get along really well. I'm really lucky to be working with her. She's incredibly generous and she's a lot of fun as a person.

IGN: Is there a process you go through to get into those heated moments between you two?

Kim: Pretty much like anything, any time you're working with a good actor, all you've got to do is listen and react and that's what I do with her.

lostthecompletefirstseason2005.jpg

Yunjin Kim is in fact a sizable star in her native Korea, but her turn as Sun on the internationally-acclaimed drama Lost has earned her new legions of fans across the globe.

IGN DVD: What about Hawaii lends itself to a surreal series?

Yunjin Kim: I think the atmosphere. People here are very mellow, and obviously because it's so beautiful out here. You don't the usual 'oh my God, you're in Lost?' like when you go to LA. I think we're so far removed from that so we're out here working and that's all we do, so we don't realize how big the show is everywhere. We hear about it but we don't feel it. Once in a while we'll get something like this, but that's really once in a while. Not everybody can fly out to Hawaii to do an interview every other day, so it really does remove us. All the actors, we're away from our friends and family, our familiar environments. So we do cling onto each other like our characters in Lost because we're bored. We try to find things to do so we can get together every chance we can get.

IGN: What have you found to do here in Oahu?

Kim: Well, every Wednesday night when Lost is showing, whosever flashback is playing that night, we have dinner and that person becomes the host or the hostess. They cook or order in, whatever they want to do and we have a gathering every Wednesday night. So we've been doing that and hopefully we'll keep up with that tradition this season as well.

IGN: When did you first realize Lost could be a really popular show?

Kim: When I first read the script, which was after I signed the contract, but not a huge hit. As soon as I read it, I thought this is either going to be a disaster or a huge hit. It would never be the middle ground type of television. Thank God it went the other way around. I think that from the very beginning, we got a sense that this was something really special.

IGN: What will people get out of experiencing Lost on DVD?

Kim: You're going to see all of us, all of our audition tapes. They wanted approval, all the actors to look at the tape and it was exactly like that. I got it when I was in Korea shooting a film. I looked at it, I was like, 'oh my God, you guys cast me? Not only cast me but wrote a character about me? That's crazy.' I took so many pauses. I didn't understand, I thought I was horrible .But I said, 'please edit those bad pauses out - then you can use it.' So you'll see us at the whole casting process and us talking about it. You'll see I think about eight hours of clips. We don't know exactly. We haven't seen it. But a lot of us just goofing off and laughing and just having a great time.

IGN: What makes JJ [Abrams] great at finding actresses?

Kim: I think because he's open. In the very beginning, Sun's character did not exist but he was open to meeting interesting actors and whoever he sees, he sort of changes the characters around them. Like Charlie, Dominic's character, was in his '50s when they first wrote the pilot. But as soon as they met Dominic, they decided to bring the age down to late '20s. Like that - he's all about creating the role around you and I think that brings you the best of us.

kate4nu.jpg

Evangeline Lilly is no stranger to suspenseful, sci-fi adventure; her previous credits include roles in the TV series Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital amongst others. But playing Kate, the troubled loner-with-a-heart-of-gold on Lost, has earned her a place among the pantheon of the most adored (not to mention desired) actresses in the genre's history.

IGN DVD: Why do you think the show is an international hit?

Evangeline Lilly: I think that a huge part of that is the international cast that we have - the fact that the show is actually supposedly filmed in many different places in the world even though all of them are the island of Oahu. But you see places like Iraq and Korea and Australia and Great Britain all in the span of Season One. And we've been told that for Season Two we'll have more people to explore and more stories to explore, so for everyone, no matter what demographic they're from, no matter what gender they are, no matter what race they are, there's probably someone on the show that they can relate to, some experience that we present on the show that they can relate to.

IGN: What will audiences get out of watching the show on DVD?

Lilly: I think the coolest thing about having the DVD released when it's going to be released is that anyone who is a die hard fan - who is really into the puzzles and the mysteries of Lost - now has the opportunity, before Season Two gets too far in, to go back and review Season One and find all of these hidden clues that they might have missed in their first time watching it. [They will] be able to review all the character stories and revisit who these people are and what the storyline has been. We've been absent now three months over the summer while we've been on hiatus, and people need to remind themselves of the show again and everything they want to know and these people that they love.

IGN: How do you adjust to becoming an international star overnight?

Lilly: Have I survived? I feel like I kind of got swallowed up and spit out the other side of it a little bit. But I have been learning. It was a real challenge for me to adjust to that. I think my anonymity and my privacy was always something I valued and really adored. I remember moving out of my small town in Canada because I felt like too many people knew me after living there for 12 years. I up and left because I was like, 'this is just weird - I walk down the street and people know me'. [i wanted] to go somewhere where I was unknown, and I've done that pretty much every six months ever since then, until I got Lost. So this is a very big challenge for me but it's something that I'm getting used to and I'm learning how to work those ropes.

IGN: Are we going to see any bloopers or embarrassing moments on the DVD?

Lilly: You're going to see our audition tapes and that's terrifying, embarrassing. I have never even seen that tape. When I'm acting - like others - I put on this persona which is going to be me on camera and everyone is going to see it.

IGN: What is the best part of working in Hawaii? Is there a down side?

Lilly: The best part of working in Hawaii is being able to go and bathe in the seawater every day. I think there are such amazing healing qualities in the ocean and being able to go spend time in the ocean pretty much daily year round is incredible. It's also amazing to be able to film outside and not be in sound studios all the time. I would go nuts if I had to film in a sound studio every day. But there are negative sides to it as well. I get island fever pretty bad. I'm used to wandering a lot. I'm used to moving from place to place fairly frequently. I'm used to living in the vast country of Canada where you get in your car and you drive and you're in the middle of nowhere. Here, you get in your car and drive an hour in any direction, you're going to hit a military base or the ocean. So there is a sense of being a little bit trapped.

IGN: We saw a conflicted portrait of Kate last season - both good and bad. Will we see more of that in Season Two?

Lilly: I think we are. Now that I have a better impression of what she's all about, I think you are going to see a bit of Kate's bad-ass side coming out.

IGN: Who are you rooting for Kate to hook up with - Jack or Sawyer?

Lilly: I think at this point, Kate's not ready for the likes of Jack. I think she's a few steps behind. I think she's really enamored by him, idolizes him and I think there's a part that thinks 'well, when you're in a relationship, should you not be more equal?' and I think Kate and Sawyer tend to be more mutual. The fact that she tackles him to the ground over a case shows she's on equal footing with Sawyer.

What kind of answers can we look forward to in Season Two?

Lilly: I think you're going to get a lot of answers this season. I didn't mind not knowing what was going to happen to these characters because that's reality. That allows you to play that moment in that moment. The difficult thing for me was not knowing the cast or the character. There are some scenes I see now and I think well if I had known this or that, I wouldn't have made that choice now. That's frustrating. We've been told we'll be having more people and story to explore in Season 2 so for everyone, there's probably someone on the show you can relate to.

monnagh5lj.jpg

Dominic Monaghan is best known for his turn as Merry in the Lord of the Rings, but he's hoping that the success of Lost will earn him a reputation just as a versatile and celebrated actor in his own right. As the washed-up former brit-pop singer Charlie, Monaghan lends the show a much-needed dose of humor, and offers the actor a chance to play an entirely different type of role than in movies past.

IGN DVD: On the DVD, it appears that almost every prospective male cast member auditioned for the role of Sawyer. Would that have changed your participation had you gotten that role instead of Charlie?

Dominic Monaghan: I would have just done a much better performance than Josh Holloway. No, I'm only joking. You know, I didn't really audition for Sawyer. What happened was there wasn't really a part for me so I went in with these pages that were just for someone generic and it happened to be Sawyer but I was never going to read for Sawyer. The guys said, 'no, you can't be Sawyer. Sawyer's a completely different guy, he's kind of a cowboy, he's kind of a Southern guy, it's not working for you.' So that's kind of a myth that I read for Sawyer.

Do you get recognized more now for Lost or Lord of the Rings?

Monaghan: You know, I kind of get Dominic a little bit now. Less Merry, less Charlie. 'Oh, hey, there's Dominic', which is cool. It's good. I can go about my day with my hat pulled down and not really get recognized and then other days I get recognized all the time. The show's a beast. It's kind of everywhere.

quinn2xk.jpg

Until a few years ago, Terry O'Quinn was probably best known for his performance in the creep-out flicks in the Stepfather series. Almost 16 years after the final installment of that film series, O'Quinn returns to the small screen in a role no less suspenseful, and in some cases perplexing: as Locke, a survivalist who miraculously regains use of his legs when the Lost survivors land, O'Quinn has become source of much speculation as a cast member who may know more than he reveals.

IGN DVD: What will people get out of the release of Lost on DVD?

Terry O'Quinn: Just more entertainment. If they haven't seen it, it will bring them up to speed and they can enjoy the second season. If they have, they must be fans; maybe they'll get a few more things.

IGN: Did you audition for anyone but Locke?

O'Quinn: No, I didn't actually audition. I had worked with JJ [Abrams] before, so he called me and he asked me if I wanted a part on this show that was going to shoot in Hawaii. He said you won't have a lot to do at first but it will develop into something more. And I said 'I'll take it'.

IGN: Can you relate to Locke's philosophical nature?

O'Quinn: Yes I can. I can relate to somebody wanting to have something to believe in.

We heard you're moving to Hawaii.

O'Quinn: Up on the North Shore of Oahu.

IGN: Have you already bought a house?

O'Quinn: We're in the process right now - just about to move in.

So you're pretty sure that you won't be dying on the show soon?

O'Quinn: Well, my wife and I had wanted to move away from the place we were. We had wanted to do that before. We had thought about it for a couple of years. This seemed like a good opportunity, since we're going to be here nine months of the year, at least for this year and last year.

IGN: What can you tell us about the new season?

O'Quinn: I can't tell you anything about the new season. I went in the hatch. I went down the hatch. I know what's in it and I don't think that fans will be disappointed. It's not more teasing. Questions are answered but more enigmas are created.

IGN: How do you like working in the new soundstage?Working in the new soundstage?

O'Quinn:Pretty good. It's not like Disneyland, but I like being outside better than inside.

IGN: How is it set up?

O'Quinn: I can't tell you that. It's the hatch.

perrin4qk.jpg

Harold Perrineau first gained national attention as the young prot

• 2 weeks later...

Backstage notes: Abrams praises 'Lost' cast, crew

By Tatiana Siegel and Kimberly Speight

jj31xt.jpg

J.J. Abrams, who won the directing nod for a drama series, explained why the first season of "Lost" ended with riddles rather than resolution. "Our goal was to frustrate the hell out of you," he joked. "We tried to give the end a sense of a new chapter. ... It's an amazing thing to see this thing evolve." As for "Lost's" success, Abrams credited the series' talented, diverse cast. "We cast actors who inspired us," he said. "As well as a script can be written or the show be directed, ultimately it's the cast that compels people to watch." And with ABC, "Lost" has found a loving home, Abrams said. "(The network was) remarkably supportive of us and the show," he added. "It feels like it is where it should be." Likewise, the series' co-creator said Hawaii is perfect locale for his baby. "They were faster than any crew I've ever worked with," Abrams said of the island work force. "They do an amazing job."

So really, what's in that hatch on ABC's "Lost"? The cast wouldn't talk about it backstage, but star Jorge Garcia, who plays Hurley on the show, which took home the Emmy for drama series, said that he does get asked that all the time -- but mostly from the media. When friends or family do ask, "They'll immediately retract (the question) and say, 'No, I'll wait (to find out) with America.' " Asked about how the cast is handling their new status as "sex symbols," star Dominic Monaghan, who portrays Charlie, joked, "Sex symbols? It's kind of normal -- that's life."

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: Which Lost backstory (about the characters' lives before the crash) did you find most interesting from Season 1? Least interesting?

Matt Roush: That's a tough question. I'll go with my first impulse and say that the episodes about Sun and Jin are the ones that have lingered most with me since first seeing them (I haven't had time to watch more than the extras on the DVD, but I'm dying to). I also loved the twists and turns of Sawyer's back story. And who could forget Hurley and his cursed lottery numbers, But my No. 1 episode of last season was "Walkabout," the early episode that revealed Locke's precrash condition. So many of the stories took me to completely unexpected places that it's hard to pick a favorite, but the performances of Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim were so emotionally intense that I give them top honors. Least interesting: No reflection on her character, but Claire's story was probably the least developed, so I'll pick that one.

Lost is a winner at the Emmy awards

Source

THE mysterious plane- crash series Lost, set on a desert island, won the best drama award at the Emmys yesterday.

The glossy castaway thriller also won the best director award at the 57th annual Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles for its creator, JJ Abrams, who made the film Mission Impossible 3.

The show attracted record viewers of 6.4 million when it launched on Channel 4 last month, representing a 28 per cent audience share. The previous highest average rating for a US series launch on Channel 4 was ER in 1995 with five million, followed by 4.6 million for Desperate Housewives.

Seemingly finding the right blend of mystery, morals and terror, and largely performed by a cast who could easily grace a catwalk, it has established itself in this country in the kind of position last held by the 1990s cult hit Twin Peaks.

Last week, the British TV writer Paul Abbott, the man behind the popular series Shameless, praised it as having "ambition and diligence" and as "setting a new benchmark for all of us".

Meanwhile, three of the Desperate Housewives stars, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman and Teri Hatcher, went head to head in the category of best actress in a comedy, with the award eventually going to an emotional Huffman.

The ladies of Wisteria Lane added some sparkle to the evening, stealing the show in stunning floor-length gowns.

ABC's 'Lost' Returns for Second Season

By JAYMES SONG

Associated Press Writer

September 19, 2005, 7:26 PM EDT

HONOLULU -- After guardedly making his way through a darkened tunnel, Dr. Jack Sheppard found himself bewildered and facing a harrowing decision. His trust and character are tested again in ABC's "Lost," which won the best drama series Emmy on Sunday and returns for its highly anticipated second season on Wednesday. "Anytime people are in very extreme circumstances, dealing with life and death and dealing with survival -- I think we can find truth in those moments," said Matthew Fox, who plays the reluctant leader of a group of plane crash survivors stranded on a mysterious island.

"Lost" fans, who have patiently waited all summer for answers following last season's two-hour finale, will finally find out what's beyond the metal hatch that leads deep into the earth. The answer -- while still cryptic -- was revealed last week to thousands of frenzied fans who turned out at Waikiki Beach for a special screening of the new season's first episode and to catch a glimpse of the "Lost" stars. It was a red carpet event like no other, complete with screaming fans, crashing surf and a sunset over the Pacific Ocean.

It was in marked contrast to last year where the crowds who turned out to see an unknown ABC pilot filmed in Hawaii didn't know who the actors were. "There is a slight difference, isn't there? It's quite shocking," said Naveen Andrews, who plays former Iraqi soldier Sayid.

With thrilling twists, unpredictable story lines and a diverse cast, "Lost" has attracted a loyal following. The official "Lost" magazine comes out soon and the recently released DVD box set of the first season is a top seller at Amazon.com. "The success of a show to this level is always surprising. It takes on a level of pop culture which you can never fully predict," said Dominic Monaghan, who plays rock-star junkie Charlie. "Because of that, it's a little trippy."

The show's first season was so well received, cast members realize they must deliver a standout sophomore season. "We're dealing with an immense kind of pressure to keep the quality up," Andrews said. "It's make or break this season, quite frankly. ... We have an audience now. We can't let them down."

Monaghan agrees. "There's more pressure now because we're not the hot new show, we're just the hot show," he said. "So we kind of have to back that up now instead of being about the hype. We have to deliver."

"Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof said viewers can relate to the characters, often picking their favorites.

"At the end of the day, the show at its core is about the characters," he said. "I think the reason people really love this show is they find the island mysteries are compelling, but they watch every week because they really bond with the people."

One of the most popular characters is the enigmatic outdoorsman Locke, played by Terry O'Quinn, the oldest cast member at 53. "One of the reasons I've been able to make it work is because I'm very sympathetic with the character," O'Quinn said. "He's a seeker for answers and for something to believe in. He's skeptical. He's dubious and he's been burnt and I've been all those things."

Through flashbacks, viewers this season will see different sides of the castaways, who may share more in common than just sitting in coach seats on the ill-fated Oceanic Airlines flight No. 815.

Fox said his character is trying to rationalize the paranormal experiences on the island. "Jack is a very scientific man, very logical and obviously with everything he has seen on this island, he's going to have to find a way to snap out of this denial and start confronting this real reality he's existing in," Fox said.

Evangeline Lilly, who plays sexy jailbird Kate, said viewers will see a more aggressive character. "I just think the environment she's in is very savage and eventually the savage side of Kate is going to have to come out a little more than we've seen so far," she said.

Michael, played by Harold Perrineau, struggles this season. In last season's finale, Michael's young son Walt is kidnapped on the high seas by a group of men. Walt makes a startling appearance in Wednesday's episode. "After the plane crash and all the other stuff, someone snatches your kid. It can't get any worse than that," Perrineau said. "Michael goes from bad to worse this year. You'll see him dig deep to really deal with what's going on."

In all the madness, there will be some love on the island this season. "We're in the 9 o'clock slot now," Andrews said, referring to the show's new time. "Men and women alone on the island, they have needs. Needs that must be fulfilled."

"Lost" has been a ratings winner for ABC, which took mostly unknown actors cast by Lindelof and J.J. Abrams and created one of the network's most expensive pilots ever around them.

Fans have also embraced the diversity of characters. "That's what's great about it. Everyone is so different. Different ages. Different nationalities," said Australian Emilie de Ravin (Claire).

The characters include a young Korean couple who exclusively speak to each other in their native language. Lindelof said English was not an option for Jin and Sun. "I think there's this sort of interesting American conceit, `Everybody else on the planet should speak English,'" he said. "The fact that there are people who don't speak English, we sort of demand they adapt to us, as opposed to the other way around.

"So we wanted to make a commentary on language." Lindelof said as long the characters "bounce off each other" in interesting ways, have real conflicts and continue to develop, the show will continue to be compelling. "For how long? Who knows," he said. "But all I know is we write one episode at a time and we've been doing OK so far."

'Lost' producers reveal some juicy secrets

Mike Hughes

Gannett News Service

Sept. 19, 2005 03:30 PM

No one said it would be easy to be a "Lost" fan or a "Lost" producer.

This is a TV show that skips simple plans and simplistic dialogue. As the second season nears, producers offer only a few promises:

• There will be a quick trip into the hatch. In the season-opener, characters will learn what's hidden underground.
  • Early episodes will pay more attention to the "mythology," an overview of the island the plane crash-landed on. "There's a little bit more mythology in the first three episodes," says producer Carlton Cuse. "But that doesn't mean we're veering in a new direction."
  • The show may become slightly less macho. Two major additions are Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros.
lost_streiber.jpg

Rodriguez, 27, was introduced briefly in the first season. She's made an impression in kinetic movies, including "Girlfight," "S.W.A.T." and "The Fast and the Furious."

Watros, 37, was the female lead in two situation comedies, "Titus" and "The Drew Carey Show" in its final years. "Cynthia has a great sense of humor, which we're going to use," Cuse says.

Still, "Lost" will never be confused with "Dynasty" or "Dallas" or other shows where characters share their feelings.

"The natural inclination might be to have characters who like to talk about themselves," says Damon Lindelof, the show's co-creator. "That's not what we do."

Instead, characters have secrets. Viewers now know a little about their lives prior to the crash; the fellow passengers know less.

"Very few people know that Locke was in a wheelchair before he got to the island ... or that Charlie had a drug habit," Lindelof says.

Viewers gradually realize this was no ordinary set of passengers. Lindelof agrees with what Locke says on the show: It can't be just a coincidence that all these strange people landed on a strange island.

If the first season was about trying to leave the island, the second will partly be about exploring it. Cautiously, survivors will learn more about it - and about inhabitants called "the others."

Also joining the cast this season is Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Adebisi on HBO's "Oz." He's someone who is also living on the island. That doesn't necessarily mean he's one of the others, though. "We purposely haven't said who he is," Cuse says.

In part, there's a grand plan to the show, Lindelof says. Names were chosen carefully; it may be no coincidence that the all-knowing John Locke bears the name of a 17th-century philosopher.

Still, that doesn't mean the show can't adjust as it goes along.

"In the beginning stages of a character's evolution we will pay a lot of attention to what the actor is doing" Lindelof says. "We have an idea of the character, but that can change. It's not so much a course-correction as it is paying attention."

Some of the early evolution:

• Yunjin Kim read for the lead role of Kate. When producers learned she speaks Korean, they decided to create a couple that speaks little English.
  • The Charlie character was supposed to be "an old, has-been rock star," Lindelof says. Dominic Monaghan, now 28, auditioned for the role. "He's much younger than we were thinking," Lindelof says. "We began to really like the idea of a one-hit wonder."
  • Locke wasn't in early versions of the script. That's when producers decided they needed someone who seemed comfortable with the land. Producer J.J. Abrams thought of Terry O'Quinn, 53.
"Terry is the only actor who did not come in for 'Lost' (auditions)," Lindelof says.

Such semi-accidents happen, even in a well-planned series. "Lost" has drawn raves, ratings and Emmy awards. "It's way beyond what any of us had imagined," Cuse says.

Guest ranster627

FROM Sci Fi Wire

12:00 AM, 21-SEPTEMBER-05

Lost Will Finally Give Answers

Lost executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse told SCI FI Wire they are finally going to provide some answers at the beginning of the Emmy-winning ABC show's upcoming second season. Honest.

"In terms of just the narrative and the characters, the second year is going to be different," Cuse said in an interview. "The first year was really about denial of their circumstances. They were looking for a way off the island. The second season of the show is about looking inward. Going into the hatch is the perfect metaphor for that concept. As they look inward, they're going to look more inward towards themselves. And obviously the revelation that there are survivors of the tail section is going to have a major impact on the society of our survivors."

The hit series about a group of plane-crash survivors who run into mysterious things on a not-so-deserted island returns on Sept. 22 in a new Wednesday 9 p.m. timeslot. The season premiere will take place moments after the events in the season-one finale, which left some of the characters looking down the opened hatch and others having just suffered an attack while trying to escape on a raft.

Lindelof, who created the series with J.J. Abrams, told SCI FI Wire that the big mysteries will still exist this season. "What we find inside the hatch is going to drive the majority of season two," he said. "And the other side of season two is obviously what happens to our boys who were out on the raft." The audience will also learn more about the mysterious Others. "Who are these people? What are they doing here? And why do they keep f--king with us? That becomes a big part of it," Lindelof said.

The two cagey producers won't give away too many details. But Lindelof said that the first three episodes will provide an "enormous" amount of island mythology. Especially the third episode.

And, according to Cuse, the show's writers are planning to inject more romance into the series. Several new characters have been added to the cast this season, including Michelle Rodriguez, who plays a passenger from the tail section with whom Jack (Matthew Fox) had a brief encounter in a flashback last season.

But don't look for the show's "bread and butter" to vanish, Lindelof said. Lost will continue to reveal "personal, character-based stories" through flashbacks. "The thing that's very exciting with Lost is there are still all these chapters of these people's pasts before the plane crashed," he said. "Everybody thinks with Locke [Terry O'Quinn], all we need to know is how he got in that wheelchair, and then we're done." No so, he said.

Cuse added that there's still a lot to learn about the characters. "Hopefully you'll be surprised," he said, adding: "People have more [to] them than one defining event in their lives. I think we all have at least a handful of them, and they shape the people that we become."

OFF THE RECORD

By Pat Roller

lost_streiber.jpg

THE great thing about a show with such a big cast as Channel 4 hit Lost, is that every week an interesting fact emerges about one of the leading actors. Last week we learned that chubby star Jorge Garcia was sent a coupon for Slimfast by a concerned fan.

lost_streiber.jpg

This week we learn Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate Austen, shares an apartment with the two actresses who are her stand-ins in the show. That must be weird when she comes into the kitchen for breakfast every morning. "How are you today, Evangeline?"

"Fine thanks."

"You sure? Don't stand on that rug, by the way, I've just polished the floor. Oh dear, too late,"

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: After last season's Lost finale, a handful of viewers swore off the show because they didn't learn the contents of the hatch. They were furious that things weren't being exposed on their timetable. I have to wonder how those same viewers (you know they watched) felt after Wednesday's premiere. What was in the hatch? More questions. They must be losing their minds. Can you imagine if this season's premiere had been last year's finale? The shark-jumpers would have even more to complain about. As for myself, I loved every second of Lost's premiere. There was more information packed into that one hour than any episode I can remember, and I love the confidence the creators show with their slow but deliberate pacing. I can't wait for next week. And to all those shark-jumpers out there, I can only say this: At least we only have to wait seven days for more answers to Wednesday's episode. If they had gotten what they wanted during last season's finale

ABC to repeat 'Lost' season premiere

matthew_fox48.jpg

Maggie Grace, Jorge Garcia, Evangeline Lilly,

Daniel Dae Kim, Naveen Andrews, Matthew Fox

ABC's Lost

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - ABC will postpone Wednesday's scheduled premieres of 8-9 p.m. comedies " George Lopez" and "Freddie" for one week to make room for a rerun of the season premiere of "Lost," which will lead into the drama thriller's second episode at 9 p.m.

Coming on the heels of its Emmy win for best drama, "Lost" opened its second season last week with an all-time high of 23.4 million viewers. ABC said it decided to repeat the "Lost" season opener after receiving calls from viewers who missed part of the episode because of hurricane-related news pre-emptions.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

• 2 weeks later...

The Emmy-winning ABC hit serves such a dense stew of plot, character development, mystery details and fan shout-outs that some dedicated fans view episodes multiple times.

"I watch each episode at least twice: once for the enjoyment of the story and then to catch the clues," Brigit Wampler of Accident, Md., says via e-mail. "What may seem like a throwaway item in the show often holds keys to the future."

A growing online fan base analyzes the secrets of the hatch, the meaning of Hurley's numbers and the intersecting backgrounds of the characters while advancing myriad speculative theories.

One popular website, lost-tv.com, has grown to more than 10,000 members. It has added 2,000 since the second season started two weeks ago, says Kit Cleary, the forum's owner.

Some of the most avid viewers, those who participate in online discussions, are most interested in Lost's obscure hints and clues. But a majority of fans interviewed say they enjoy the little details as a complement to the larger character stories.

Many delight in "Easter egg" rewards for close viewing: in an airport scene in last season's finale, for example, a field hockey team's uniforms bore the now-ubiquitous numbers, as Petra Otto of Neenah, Wis., points out.

Lost producers acknowledge a smaller, vocal fan base deeply interested in "cult" aspects of the show, but they say the show's huge audience

OOO nice read.

Very cool that their writers read fan boards to see what we're saying.

Makes them come up with more interesting things to put in the show.

Also shows that they really want to please their fans which makes me all fuzzy and warm inside.. heh

University of Michigan gets Spot in ABC's "Lost" Plot Line

By The Associated Press

October 7, 2005

ANN ARBOR, Mich. - The University of Michigan has a new role in the plot of an Emmy-winning television drama.

This week's episode of ABC's "Lost" revealed a connection between the island's mysteries and a fictional project by Michigan researchers. "I think it's pretty cool," viewer Michael Sharkey, 35, of Lake Orion, told the Detroit Free Press. "Anytime Michigan can be featured in any type of show, it adds a little hominess. ?Especially on such a popular show, it's always a positive."

Last week, Metro Detroit was the top market in the nation for the program, said WXYZ-TV programmer Marla Drutz. This week, it tied for No. 1 with Louisville, Ky.

On this Wednesday's episode, "Lost" characters learned that two Michigan doctoral candidates started a communal research compound on the island in 1970. Called the Dharma Initiative, it was a place for experiments in various areas, including meteorology, parapsychology, electromagnetism and zoology.

Due to some incident at a research station, a numeric code must be entered into an old computer every 108 minutes -- perhaps to save the world.

The code is 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 -- which adds up to 108.

The shows creators won't say why they picked Michigan. "They don't want to actually explain what they're doing," said ABC spokesman Jeff Fordis.

Michigan officials weren't surprised by the reference. "It's not a total surprise because we're known for our research," said Laura Lessnau, associate director of U-M News Service.

Alumni Gary Kapanowski said Michigan is an ideal choice for the theme. "There was a lot of radical stuff going on in the '70s at U-M," said Kapanowski, 37, who's secretary of the University of Michigan Club of Greater Detroit. "It would either be us or Berkeley."

• 2 weeks later...

Mad for the mythology of 'Lost'

Fans of the ABC drama about plane crash survivors on a mysterious island love to search for clues.

By Stephen Kiehl

Sun Reporter

matthew_fox48.jpg

Maggie Grace, Jorge Garcia, Evangeline Lilly, Daniel Dae Kim,

Naveen Andrews, Matthew Fox - ABC's Lost

Alarm bells sounded for Brigit Wampler while watching an episode of Lost one day last spring. She noticed that Boone, a pretty young man stranded on the island with his sister, was wearing a red shirt. Of course, Wampler knew, he was going to die.

She remembered the old Star Trek cliche that any character who didn't have a last name and was wearing a red shirt would be dead by the end of the episode. Sure enough, two weeks later, Boone was checking out a plane trapped in a tree canopy when the plane fell to the ground. Boone was killed.

"I got the reference but I didn't really think they were going to kill him off," says Wampler, 46, a Western Maryland resident who says Lost is the only show for which she puts aside her knitting. "It's pretty much the only show I put all my concentration into, and not because I'm lacking in the brains department."

Lost, a sort of Gilligan's Island update with more attractive castaways and a spookier island, has become one of TV's top shows. Now in its second season, the ABC drama is drawing more than 20 million viewers per week. A fraction of them have become Lost fanatics, poring over every episode to find literary, cultural and mythological allusions that may explain the show's mystery - what is happening on the island, how are the characters related, why did their plane crash and what does it all mean?

These hyper-fans tape every episode so they can go back to pause the action and search for clues that appear onscreen for only a split-second. The briefest glimpse of a character reading, say, Watership Down, can lead to days of speculation on Lost message boards.

"I watch Lost twice," Wampler says. "I watch it once on the edge of my seat, with my hand over my mouth, going, 'Oh my gosh!' And the second time it's a little more relaxed because I know what the story's going to be and I go, 'Oh yeah, this makes sense.' "

The Lost obsessives have formed communities on the Internet, where endless debates rage about the meaning of certain numbers and symbols that appear on the show. Thefuselage.com, which Wampler moderates, has 20,000 registered members, while lost-tv.com has 11,000 members.

The college radio station at the Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport has established a weekly two-hour Lost radio program. It's broadcast live over the station's Web site, but the computer servers often crash because so many fans from around the world are trying to listen at once.

Lost's writers and producers seem surprised - in a good way - about the rabid nature of these fans. Some of the writers answer questions on the fan Web sites, though they are often hopelessly vague. Or just confused. One fan wrote in seeking confirmation of the title of a TV show being watched by a character experiencing a flashback (Sentai or Power Rangers, the fan wondered).

Javier Grillo-Marxuach, a supervising producer and writer on the show, responded, "Wow! you guys are like the talmudic scholars of Lost - seriously, I have NO idea."

A recurring mystery of the show has to do with the numbers that keep popping up. One of the characters had once won the lottery with the numbers 4-8-15-16-23-42. Viewers note that the flight number for the doomed plane that crashed on the island was 815. Also, they note, there was a $23,000 reward out for the capture of the Kate character.

The castaways have found a hatch on their island. When they open it up, they find a man inside who says he must punch those numbers - 4-8-15-16-23-42 - into a computer every 108 minutes or something terrible will happen. Of course, if you add up those six numbers, you get 108.

What does it mean? Are the writers just having fun with fans?

"We know that there's very little that occurs in Lost that was not planned by the creative staff," says Kit Cleary, a San Diego financial adviser who helps run the lost-tv.com site. "They're not just throwing pasta up against the wall and seeing what sticks. They know what direction they're headed in. They know what the mythology of the island is, and that's key."

Cleary has some of her own ideas. She thinks the survivors are part of a social experiment gone horribly awry, since they are so dysfunctional. She's also picked up on the show's biblical references. She notes that the first season represented 40 days on the island.

"That is not accidental," she says. "That's a magical number that represents some sort of a cleansing process where you go into yourself and then you come back and you're a different person."

Cleary has also picked up on parallels with Joseph Campbell's book The Hero's Journey, in which an individual goes on a journey, dies and is reborn. "These people have died, so to speak," she says of the Lost characters, "and are reborn. This is their second chance."

Lost fans have held parties in hotels and attended conventions to meet one another. Often on Wednesday nights, they gather to watch the show together. This past Wednesday, Caren Chancey invited Wampler, thefuselage.com moderator, and her friend Melissa Cavanaugh to her Mount Vernon townhouse.

They ordered pizzas from Papa John's and sat on the edge of the couch through the hour-long program. "There's the bottle - oohh!" Wampler said when a wine bottle filled with messages from the survivors washed back onshore.

They were careful to watch for recurrences of the magic numbers. Sure enough, when one survivor encountered a woman from another group of survivors, he asked how many were in her group. "Twenty-three," she said.

Chancey and her friends also noted that a dharma symbol that had appeared on a shark's skin was now on a wall in a bunker. She wasn't sure what to make of it, or much of anything in the show.

"Every time I come up with an idea for what it means," she said, "the writers shoot it down in the next episode."

REAL-LIFE LOST MYSTERY: On Oct. 12, the same day that Josh Holloway and his wife were robbed at gunpoint inside their home, Lost cast mate Harold Perrineau was followed by two men as he drove to Daniel Dae Kim's house, The Honolulu Advertiser reports. After attempting to shake those tailing him, Perrineau pulled over and phoned Kim, advising him to stay inside. At that point, the mystery car U-turned and sped away.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

Some try cursed 'Lost' numbers on Powerball

By Jake Rigdon

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

MERRILL, Wis. - Anything bad happen yet? No? Good. Inspired by the hit TV show "Lost" - and ignoring the fate of the character who played those numbers for a huge lottery win - hundreds of people selected that set of six for the Wednesday night drawing for the $340 million Powerball jackpot.

According to a Wisconsin Lottery spokeswoman, more than 840 people selected those numbers across five states during last week's Powerball drawing, including 266 in New Hampshire alone. "A lot of people are playing those numbers," said Eva Robelia, spokeswoman for the Wisconsin Lottery. "There could be thousands of people who play the 'Lost' numbers overall."

On the ABC show - which, coincidentally, airs on Wednesdays - the numbers are considered cursed. One of the main characters, Hurley (the big guy with the curly hair, played by Jorge Garcia) won the lottery with them, but the win came at a price.

Since his win, nothing but tragedy and good old-fashioned bad luck has befallen Hurley, his friends and his family - and the numbers may be connected to the plane crash that stranded him and other passengers on a creepy island.

This season, the characters are forced to type those numbers into an ancient computer every 108 minutes (add up the numbers) to ward off ... well, something. Nobody knows what. Yet.

So did any of that stop people from using those infamous numbers in real life?

"Not me," said Ku Thao, 38, of Merrill, Wis.

Thao and his family members planned to buy 30 Powerball tickets, and one of those, he said, will include the "Lost" numbers. "I've been very blessed," he said. "I have nothing to worry about."

Yeah, that's what Hurley thought, too.

Answers elusive on 'Lost'

I'm getting a little worried about ABC's "Lost" and its long-range prospects to appeal. Oh, it's plenty appealing to plenty of people right now. Last week's installment, for example, attracted 21.66 million viewers, according to Nielsen's count. Often, it's the No. 3 show of the week, behind powerhouses "CSI" on CBS and "Desperate Housewives" on ABC.

Still, the show is starting to seem a little more confounding and a little less compelling. The episodes are so free with questions but not so forthcoming with answers. It doesn't seem like resolution is part of the plan for this show about not one, but now two groups of survivors of a crashed airliner who are marooned on a mysterious island.

But, then, if it ever does resolve its mysteries, it'll be all over. Just look at what happened to "The X-Files."

Anyway, I'm still watching with more than 21 million other interested bystanders as this Emmy winner for best dramatic series continues to open one worm can after another. We'll see where it goes from here.

Source - al.com

So, how many of you used "the numbers" on last night's Powerball??? I sure did. No such luck.

I read somewhere today that hundreds of tickets purchased in Iowa used the LOST numbers. Wouldn't that have been freaky if they were the ones!!!! Except then you'd have to split the pot with everyone and their mothers!!

Three weeks is going to be a LONG wait....... :angry: damn baseball...

Couresy of: SCI-FI WIRE

12:00 AM, 20-OCTOBER-05

Lost Robbery Suspect Nabbed

Police have arrested a man described as "a possible suspect" in the home-invasion robbery of Lost actor Josh Holloway in Honolulu, where the show is filmed, the Associated Press reported.

The man matches the general description of the robber who held the star of the ABC drama and his wife at gunpoint Oct. 12 at their home, the AP reported.

The man was arrested Oct. 18 on outstanding burglary and felony assault warrants. He and a companion were taken into custody after the car they were in was stopped by police. Police said they fired rubber and wooden bullets, as well as pepper spray, when the men initially refused to get out of the car.

Neither Holloway nor his wife was harmed during the robbery, in which his Mercedes and other items were stolen.

Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

12:00 AM, 27-OCTOBER-05

Aronofsky To Helm Lost Ep

Feature-film director Darren Aronofsky (Pi, The Fountain) will helm an upcoming episode of ABC's hit SF series Lost, Entertainment Weekly reported. Aronofsky's episode will likely air at the beginning of May sweeps, the magazine reported.

"It was one of those fantastic calls out of the blue," Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse told the magazine. "His agents let us know he liked the show, and we jumped at the opportunity. Apparently, he had been watching Lost while up in Montreal shooting The Fountain and got hooked."

Aronofsky is also completing The Fountain, the director's epic time-travel movie starring fianc

Courtesy of: AOL TELEVISION, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Four Series Are the Ones to Watch

By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY

(Oct. 28) -- Looking for the best shows on TV? Look no further than these four, which actually have strengthened in their second year:

"Lost" (ABC, Wednesday, 9 p.m. ET/PT)

Each week, this brilliant, beautiful, intricate series about life lived in doubt has strengthened its claim as TV's top series. Start with the perfectly pitched season premiere, which ingeniously negotiated the dance a series like Lost must master: doling out enough information to keep an audience involved without depleting the series' store.

From there, it has been one high point after another

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

LOST WILL FIND MANUSCRIPT: As if watching the actual show and visiting its related websites hasn't consumed enough of your time, Variety reports that Lost will soon unspool a subplot about a manuscript left behind by an ill-fated Oceanic Flight 815 passenger named Gary Troup. The "found" novel, Bad Twin

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name