Did anyone hear why howie is so PO'd at Nak?

RedShan

Neb hit the nail on the head. He's of the mind that abusive and bullying behavior is acceptible, confusing peoples general laughing reaction to him as a desire for one of the less funny parts of last season to be repeated again this season. For me, funny Howie is going on about Jedi Janey or running around with his light sabers, or talking about trying to catch alligators while tubing in the Everglades. In general crazy arse crap that defines him as an entertaining and odd individual unrelated to the sexual jabber or bullying bluster.

As for the chewbacca defense that we all act that way, I don't think so. Maybe when I was a teenager in junior and senior highschool, but not as an adult. And the ranting was in a public area to many people and not discreet, and had the feeling of wanting to send a very distinct and threatening message back to Nakomis or anyone that might try to call him out for behaving in a way that many others find inappropriate or harassing.

At any rate, I'll continue to condemn his behavior as bad, and continue to pfft at people trying to defend it as being in denial, or trying to justify his behavior due to their affection for him. Before I'm called a hater, keep in mind that I've repeatedly identified myself as a fan (perhaps a prior fan if this sort of thing continues). Hell, I'm a member of each of the different forums for Kaysar, Janey and Howie and have been since they went up (though I lurk more than anything else).

Oh - one last thing. People keep tossing the word feminist around in a way that doesn't seem to really understand feminism.

Each time you slam feminism, consider these questions:

Are you opposed to equality for women?

Do you feel men are superior to women?

Do you acknowledge that women have had legislature that discriminates against them in the past and present with regards to almost all aspects of their lives, and feel that this is okay?

Do you feel that being feminine is more important for a woman than being herself if that doesn't include feminine behavior?

Do you think it's okay for women to be domestically abused or murdered?

Do you think it's okay for husbands to rape wives, or boyfriends to rape girlfriends?

Do you think it's okay for women to be blamed or seen as complicit in being raped by her clothing or manner of look, or because she walked alone to her car at night?

The list goes on and is plentiful, but if you aren't a feminist (general, not activist), then these are some of the sorts of things that you are identifying with. Being a feminist, despite the idiotic misguided ideas that have attempted to be foisted onto feminism, is about equality for women, full stop. Look it up in the dictionary. You might be surprised.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen the video y'all are talking about, but when Howie went too far last season, he had Rachel to reign him in and tell him to cool it. Remember when he went off on April, Rachel basically told him off and made him leave April alone because they (Sovs) didn't need to antagonize anybody. She was the only person he would listen to last season. He doesn't have Rachel to do that and Janelle is trying to do it, but she isn't as good at it as Rachel was.

when it was on the live feeds, all i could think of was how the girls in my office talk about each other in the kitchen. :lol: some of the things that have been said behind someones back at work are far worse than anything howie has said. that might be the reason it really doesnt faze me to see someone on bb do it.

The part I viewed was him with Janelle and Marcellas, and then with just Janelle. He was going off and being kind of absurdly overbearing and aggressive. He was loudly stating what he would do if anyone were to call him out on what he says with regards to sexuality. Basically doing the 'I dare you to make an issue of my sexually overt manner'. I for one don't mind his sex talk about himself, but once he starts trying to make innuendos or actions that make others feel uncomfortable with regards to themselves, it's gone too far. He can talk about his jack-shack 'til the cows come home and I'll just roll my eyes and laugh it off as part of Howies more juvenile sense of humor side. The moment it becomes something where he's talking about a woman's breasts in his 'Howie' voice he's crossing a line though, and if it makes anyone even the least bit uncomfortable the onus is on him and him alone to stop, and that is not being bossy - it's demanding that he not be harassing.

Howie has the mentality of a hyper 4th grader.Trust me.I know one!lol!And they exhibit the same lack of control.Maybe he needs his X-Box taken away and NO MORE SUGAR! :rolleyes:

Can someone who saw the feeds fill me in on how the whole thing with Nakomis telling Boogie not to mimic Monica went down?

It seems from the YouTubes I've been combing through that everyone is discussing and mimicing and dissing the houseguests who were on their seasons.

I've seen Will and Boogie talk about Shannon being 'in your face', and Kent farting (which I saw and remembered fondly lol); and I think Chicken George talked about some girl on his show who hated her husband, and Jase was mimicing Marvin; people were talking about Cowboy's hat on his winkie (yikes that was horrible yet horribly funny!!!) it pretty much has gone on and on.

So can someone the logic of Nak telling Boogie not to mimic Monica anymore. I don't get it. I can't figure out why in the heck it would even bother her. Please someone fill me in.

No disrespect to anyone or any of the houseguests, I actually find all of them pretty amusing. Like watching an antfarm.

:lol: This is a funny thread... I know it wasn't meant to be, but Fiz is right... Sometimes questions like this brings out the worst in people... I don't know why it bothered Nak so much either, or if it even did...

Before howie makes Nakomis his next Busto, and releases Hurricane Howie, he needs to realize that the only reason some people loved Hurricane Howie is because people hated April. People (fans) do not hate Nakomis . . . . shes an Americas Choice . . . . . Howie needs to think . . i know its hard . . .

Hmmm . . . Blackcat the discussion MAY have been embedded in the live feed thread from Saturday (?) Not sure though :)

You know what I would love to see is Nakomis use her sexuality to charm and disarm Howie just because it's so different from the type of game she normally plays. All she'd have to do is put on a bikini and laugh at his moronic jokes and he'd probably have a change of heart :lol:

Archived