STOP SINGING

I wouldn't call it singing so much as shouting the words to random songs, nad making up his own songs. A few times others have started it, so it's not just Howie. But I have noticed that they are giving us FOTH for long periods too for various things, drug related content / conversation between Will and Janie last night .. for some weird reason they went to flames when Marcellas was talking about being a black man ..

And either none of them are swearing this year, or they're time delaying the feed, and muting the sound of the swear words out ..

I think they seem to be editting the contente in general more than usual.

Casper Sabe:

I wouldn't call it singing so much as shouting the words to random songs, nad making up his own songs. A few times others have started it, so it's not just Howie. But I have noticed that they are giving us FOTH for long periods too for various things, drug related content / conversation between Will and Janie last night .. for some weird reason they went to flames when Marcellas was talking about being a black man ..

And either none of them are swearing this year, or they're time delaying the feed, and muting the sound of the swear words out ..

I think they seem to be editting the contente in general more than usual.

________________________________________________________________________________

_

Drug related! Do we have some pot heads in the house?!...Maybe they're editing out things that they think could offend people or cause controversy or something like that

well it was something about pills which could keep you up for 36 hours. Janie thought they were penis pills, but he was like .. see the button on the fridge, hold that button for 36 hours .. she was like ohhh for that .. and then immediately it was for fish for several minutes.

And that's kind of my point. In previous seasons they didn't edit the content of the feeds this much.

Wondering why the HG's cannot sing, but they are allowed to mention things like Nike giving them merchandise. This is probably a "duh" question to some, but seeing as how both would have a copyright, it's just not adding up to me. And I do recall in the past where they were not allowed to show name brands of certain items...maybe the items allowed to be mentioned are just sponsors of the show? SOOOOO many technicalities arghhhhh lol :P

something to do with CBS having to deal with paying royalties to the artists .. because someone can argue they are 'performing' in public, for profit ..

I never really understood why any company would make a tv show block out their brand name, like when we see what is obvioulsy a box of Cheerios with a peice of duct tape over the Cheerios name. Its free advertising. My thought is that shows block these things by their own rule with an attitude of "well Cheerios if you arent going to pay us xx dollars to show the word Cheerios, then we're going to block it out." And now they might have just realized that its too much work to censor every single brand name coming into the house and just stopped caring. As for the singing, like the person before me said, its a royalties/copywrite issue. They cant even sing like Happy Birthday or anything.

Thank you! I really had forgotten all about the royalties issue. I know I heard Dani & Nak talking about the great endorsement Dr. Will gave Aveeno and Neutrogena this AM lol

Caspers right - I'm a booking agent for musicians & it all boils down to ASCAP / BMI (or other licesing body) regulations regarding songwriter royalties. It's probably not so much how much this would cost CBS, as much as the paperwork it would entail -- just my guess. Any time a song is offered to the public in a recorded form it has to be submitted for royalty payment to the songwriter. I have heard HG in the past complain about having clothes taken awayfrom them due to certain logo's. Didn't Janelle go on last year about some Victoria Secret sweats she couldn't keep? I'd think it's the same w/showing a logo CBS doesn't have a marketing agreement with.

Susan.

Archived