Kyle Capener

bb24_12_800x1000.jpg

Name:

Name: Kyle Capener (pronounced Cape-ner)

Hometown: Bountiful, Utah.

Current City: Bountiful, Utah. 

CBS.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Then the snogging began and he's caught between a rock & a hard-on. Seriously, he said in a HoH monolog yesterday that he's wearing hoodies that drop to his knees to cover how excited Alyssa makes him. He knows he shouldn't but he can't help himself. And it's stressing him out how to keep his own alliance from using it against him.

To paraphrase Elvis, he just can't help falling in love with Alyssa...

I fear he will end up being the weak link for the Leftovers. Which is truly sad b/c he could really work the Alyssa / girls alliance and benefit the Leftovers. Maybe if Alyssa goes, it will be easier for him to stay committed to the Leftovers alliance.

Kyle is positioning himself and Alyssa to align with Michael & Brittany, who themselves are seeing value in having a defense against Monte, Joe and Terrance.  If they bring in Taylor, that could be a solid 5-some positoned to hit first once the "other side" is disposed of.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would Kyle breakup the leftovers now?  He is liked by everyone in the house because his social game is great.  I think he is the only person that could beat Micheal in the end.   He's getting the split house that he wants by having five leftovers against his showmance and Terrance.  I really wanted him to win the game.

If you follow Twitter, you can see there is a lot of hate-tweeting for Kyle right now. 

I think a lot of fans forget that there is ONE winner in Big Brother. Kyle has always been on the bottom of the alliance despite it being his idea (And forming that alliance was a self preservation thing just as any other move in a game with one winner should be). If you truly want to survive, you make plays that keep you and your guaranteed allies in the game. Yes, Kyle is white. But, I have not witnessed anything that would fairly earn him being called a racist. Kyle told Turner that Joseph is the best player this season. Want to win? Target your threats. It's a game.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:22 PM, CrazyBBFan said:

Why would Kyle breakup the leftovers now?  He is liked by everyone in the house because his social game is great.  I think he is the only person that could beat Micheal in the end.   He's getting the split house that he wants by having five leftovers against his showmance and Terrance.  I really wanted him to win the game.

Liked, yes, but despite creating the alliance, he's never been core to the alliance. Monte/Joe/Taylor decided they wanted to change the order the alliance had agreed on to evict the other side. They had agreed to save Alyssa for last but they changed their mind during Taylor's HoH and instead of getting Kyle to agree, they tried to trick him into using the Veto by telling him Joe would be the replacement nom as a pawn to get out Indy. 

Michael told Kyle, and Kyle refused to go along.  From that point, Monte/Joe/Taylor decided Kyle couldn't be trusted to put the alliance first. Kyle knew that Joe and Turner would carry out their marching orders to evict Alyssa, which meant Kyle would be at the bottom of The Leftovers. He needed to start over and build a new alliance with Terrance, Alyssa and Turner and hope one of them could win HoH after the Double Eviction.

His best bet for this was to tell Alyysa and Terrance about The Leftovers. He knew Terrance valued character and integrity and was counting on Terrance to be grateful for finally being let in on what was happening in the game. That was Joe's problem - he kept saying that Kyle was untrustworthy because he broke the alliance, but what Terrance was hearing is that Joe had been lying to him throughout the Festie Besties. It was a calculated risk that paid off. Now he's Final 8 and if Turner keeps to his word, will be Final 7.

On 8/21/2022 at 8:43 AM, MamaLong said:

If you follow Twitter, you can see there is a lot of hate-tweeting for Kyle right now. 

I think a lot of fans forget that there is ONE winner in Big Brother. Kyle has always been on the bottom of the alliance despite it being his idea (And forming that alliance was a self preservation thing just as any other move in a game with one winner should be). If you truly want to survive, you make plays that keep you and your guaranteed allies in the game. Yes, Kyle is white. But, I have not witnessed anything that would fairly earn him being called a racist. Kyle told Turner that Joseph is the best player this season. Want to win? Target your threats. It's a game.

It has been very disappointing and I have had to remove posts from Facebook that were unacceptable. To the contrary, it was Kyle and Turner who were more concerned about the optics of nominating two Black HG and it was Monte who assured them it would be all right. I have not seen any inking of any racial discomfort, let alone animosity or bigotry in this season. In fact, this is the most emphathetic group of millenials and Gen Z HG we've ever seen. When have you ever seen an alliance come together as a response and in opposition to bullying?

Kyle creating an alliance in opposition to bullying was one of the best things ever in big brother.  We can not forget that his showmance was one of the the bullies.  Monte was part of the problem from the start with Paloma.  Kyle and Turner should have never went to Monte about anything.  

Kyle was suppose to be the good guy from Utah.  He's the wholesome guy that does videos with his mom.  Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.  If he would have stayed loyal to the Leftover and lost the game, America would have loved to see him with his mom on the Amazing Race.  

I'm a huge fan of Kyle! He is playing the game, and his showmance doesn't bother me at all. I think he and Alyssa have potential to last outside of the house because I see they can pull the best out of each other.

My favorites to win right now are Michael, Kyle, Terrance (because I love an underdog story) then Turner.

I do see racial undertones with Kyle, they are not blatantly noticeable, but he has said some things that have subtle hints of some racial bias. Turner on the other hand has clearly opposed bullying and very commendable and outspoken on the issue. Michael is playing a very strong game  so is Monty.

Kyle formed the Oasis alliance with two POC very early in the game.

Kyle formed The Leftovers in response to a black woman being bullied that included three POC.

Kyle formed the After Party alliance with a POC after realizing he was at the bottom of the Leftover alliance and after Joseph spilled the beans about the Taylor/Brittany/Michael alliance.

Fresh off the Cookout alliance I can see why he might suspect an all black alliance, but throughout this game he has aligned with POC.

Michael and Brittany are maligning Kyle to save their games. 

1 hour ago, Tish43 said:

Yes, they are, and it's pretty despicable IMO.

It has altered my view of Michael especially. I'm not a Kyle fan by any means, but it's pretty pathetic (and desperate) to malign Kyle in the manner they are.

I hope Turner can see through it.

Tish laid it out pretty well. I think the word is slander. 

Kyle was worried that there was an all-girls alliance like The Cookout, which Paloma did want to form. 

What Kyle was talking about is an alliance where each member adopts an expendable sidekick that protects the alliance and ensures a side dish went home each week. He was talking strategy, not race. 

I think Michael is too smart to not have understood this, which would meanshe is knowingly slandering Kyle to get Turner to name him as the replacement. It is a despicable move. Accusations of racism have a way of living long after the game is over. There are some things you can rationalize as game but this isn't one of them.

22 hours ago, Tigi said:

I do see racial undertones with Kyle, they are not blatantly noticeable, but he has said some things that have subtle hints of some racial bias. Turner on the other hand has clearly opposed bullying and very commendable and outspoken on the issue. Michael is playing a very strong game  so is Monty.

I agree with this. I also think it is important for white people to acknowledge that they often miss out on racism and bias because they (through no fault of their own) simply can’t recognize them all the way poc can. It is very important to realize that while defended people are saying their actions are not problematic. I know plenty of white peoples who do their best to educate themselves and be anti racist- but they still can’t catch on to every single thing. That’s ok, as long as their is some acknowledgement there.

16 hours ago, Tish43 said:

Kyle formed the Oasis alliance with two POC very early in the game.

Kyle formed The Leftovers in response to a black woman being bullied that included three POC.

Kyle formed the After Party alliance with a POC after realizing he was at the bottom of the Leftover alliance and after Joseph spilled the beans about the Taylor/Brittany/Michael alliance.

Fresh off the Cookout alliance I can see why he might suspect an all black alliance, but throughout this game he has aligned with POC.

Why would he suspect an all black Elaine when poc were targeting and evicting poc?

That he was in an alliance with poc isn’t an exemption for being able to be racist/bias/ problematic. That’s like saying “I’m not racist, I have a black friend!”

13 hours ago, Fuskie said:

Tish laid it out pretty well. I think the word is slander. 

Kyle was worried that there was an all-girls alliance like The Cookout, which Paloma did want to form. 

What Kyle was talking about is an alliance where each member adopts an expendable sidekick that protects the alliance and ensures a side dish went home each week. He was talking strategy, not race. 

I think Michael is too smart to not have understood this, which would meanshe is knowingly slandering Kyle to get Turner to name him as the replacement. It is a despicable move. Accusations of racism have a way of living long after the game is over. There are some things you can rationalize as game but this isn't one of them.

He named all the poc saying they were working together and then named all the white peoples and said they need to work together against them. He should have known that would be a problem for him inside and outside the house.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, Fuskie said:

Actually, no he didn't.  Michael says he did but if you actually watch the feed in question, he simply questioned whether there was a Cookout type alliance this season. 

I didn’t see him name poc and say they were working together and then named the white players saying they needed to work together.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, Fuskie said:

Actually, no he didn't.  Michael says he did but if you actually watch the feed in question, he simply questioned whether there was a Cookout type alliance this season. 

He also blamed the poc in the leftovers for every single thing that happened. He uses words Like “loud”, “aggressive “ etc to describe poc. That’s harmful and problematic. What would be labeled as “passion” for a white person is often considered anger or aggression when you are a poc.

i don’t think white people get a say as to if something a white person says out does is racist out not because many things you can’t see because… they just can’t. It’s important to listen to poc and try to UNDERSTAND when we label things as problematic.

as a straight woman I would never present myself as an expert on homophobia. If someone told me I said or did something problematic I would not be defensive- but would do some learning and self reflection. 

Did everyone forget when Taylor said she could not be the one to nominate a female POC? I do not feel it is fair to blame Kyle when this game is about trying to analyze the next move someone is making in this game. He was just thinking there was a possibility for an alliance to form like one had in the past. People also speculate about gender alliances and no one has a problem then. 

There was more to it than just game strategy, and Kyle is taking responsibility for it, and he's doing so without the guidance of a PR and damage control team. I think that speaks well to his character. 

As for Taylor, I agree with Memyselfandi. As a white person, I cannot fully the life experience of a Black person. I've never had someone look drop eye contact or cross the street when passing me. I've never been denied credit or lost a job opportunity because I checked the "white" box. I've never had to watch what I say or present a false impression because my words or true self might be misconstrued or make someone else uncomfortable. And I've never watched 25 seasons of a game show where a white guy never won.

But I can try to empathize and consider how I might feel if I was in Taylor's shoes.