Sandcastles - A BB Beach Club Blog

There is a Morty's Flash Poll on the Morty's TV Coverage Page, and your response will impact the Morty's TV Big Brother Season 23 Monopoly Game this week? Who do you think got the best Zing from Zingbot 9000?

Let's review.

Alyssa

Zingbot: Alyssa, you are from Florida, the Sunshine State, which is ironic considering you’re so dim! Zing!  (Alyssa does not get the zing) To be clear, I am calling your dumb!

Xavier

Zingbot: Xavier, I am going to reveal your secret - You have a crush. All season long you’ve been getting lost in their eyes, watching their body, and staring at their ass. Wait, that is your reflection! Zing!

Tiffany

Zingbot: I've been zinging for over a decade, and it never gets old. But you know what has? Tiffany! Four score and seven zings ago. Zing!

Claire

Zingbot: OMG, nobody move. We are all in danger! I’ve spotted Big Foot. My bad, that’s just Claire! Zing!

Hannah

Zingbot: Houseguests, I have a joke for you. Knock knock! (Who is there?) Hannah. (Hannah who?) Exactly! Booor-zing! 

Derek F

Zingbot: Big D has made quite a mark on the Big Brother house this summer. Too bad it is in the toilet! Zing!

Azah

Zingbot: As a robot, I can accurately predict the future. The following things will never happen: time travel, teleportation,  and Xavier going on a date with Azah! Zing!

Kyland

Zingbot: Kyland, listening to you talk is like sitting next to a brook. An endless, babbling brook. Shut the F*ck up! Zing!

So which HG do you think received the best Zing from Zingbot? 

Vote at https://mortystv.com/bb before the start of the Live Double Eviction Show Thursday night, 9/9/21. The HG Token with the most votes will earn their Morty's TV Big Brother Season 23 Monopoly Game player $200 Morty's TV Bucks!

In the first of two Live Double Eviction nights, Claire was evicted by a 4-1 vote (Hannah was the sympathy vote). On her way out, she threw Xavier under the bus.

In the start to BB Comics Week, Hannah bested the other HG in a game of total recall to win HoH. As planned, she nominate Xavier and Alyssa, telling Alyssa that Claire was right and Xavier was her target.  But Xavier as able to puzzle out the Veto and removed himself from the chopping block. Hannah was ready with Kyland, and by a vote of 3-1, Alyssa was evicted (Kyland was the sympathy vote).

And thus The Cookout has achieved something never before accomplished in BB History - a six person alliance made it to the Final 6 intact, and guaranteeing a Black/Brown HG would win the game. Regardless of what you think of The Cookout and their game strategy (and opinions and emotions run the gamut),  their ability to hold true to their cause and their execution of Tiffany's strategy has been near perfection.

But now the Endgame begins and it's going to be bloody. Hannah cannot compete for HoH this week and Azah, Derek F, Kyland, Tiffany and Xavier all have their targets. But will the new HoH swing for the jugular or go for a backstab blindside? 

With The Cookout having achieved their goal of becoming the first 6-person alliance to reach the Final 6, and guaranteeing that for the first time in Big Brother USA history, a Black/Brown HG will win the game.  Let's take a look at how they achieved it.

They did a lot of clever things to hide the alliance. First, they used the teams to keep the rest of the house focused on team threats and off the possibility of a Black/Brown alliance. Then Tiffany's came up with the idea to create fake duos and to always have the Main Dish go up w/their Side Dish.

They would use paint the Main Dish as the target in order to hide the real target. This made it seem that alliance members were going after each other when they were really not. There were enough side alliances and F2 deals to keep the focus off The Cookout. Then, once they had the numbers, they could control who was evicted and when. Even when a Side Dish won HoH, they were able to manipulate nominations to make sure 2 alliance members were never on the block on eviction night. 

That nobody figured it out is a testament to their success and a bit of luck. Perhaps the other HG thought it was too obvious an alliance or that the personalities were two diverse to make it work. Perhaps they suspected but were not comfortable enough to voice their suspicions in case they were wrong.

Even now, once Claire and Alyssa make their way into the Jury House, the Jury may take note of the all Black/Brown Final Six but still not make the connection that all six were in an alliance. Will they have a collective epiphany and realize what individually has escaped them? 

I'm looking forward to finding out!

With The Cookout having completed its mission, the Final Six enter a new game in which personal differences and disputes do not have to be set aside for the good of the Six. It's time to look at the Power Connections within the alliance to see who has the relationships to power them through to Finale Night.

BB23_Power_Connections_2021-09-10.JPG

We are down to three alliances, the largest being the core remnants of The Cookout, excluding Derek F and Azah. Hannah, Ky and Tiffany have a Final 3 alliance, as do Derek F, Kyland and Xavier.  Derek F has 3 F2 deals, as does Kyland.  But Kyland and Xavier are connected to the most HG.

Azah is on an island by herself, while Kyland has the strongest connections in the house. Being HoH (yeah, that just happened), Kyland has assured himself Final 5, but he risks becoming an easy target next week (which we know will be a Double Eviction in which he cannot play for HoH). 

At this stage in the game, HG need to be thinking whether they want to be in the F2 against the bet and make the jury decide who is the most deserving of their votes, or target the strongest players and giving the Jury an easy choice. We'll find out which path Kyland plans to tread when he makes his nominations.

What kind of endgame will he want to be known for?

It's the Endgame for The Cookout, and Kyland got the ball rolling winning HoH and then nominating Tiffany and Hannah, making it clear that Tiffany was his target. Kyland then won the Veto comp. So now the question is, does he have a backdoor plan? Or will Tippy Toes be dancing in the Jury House by the end of the week?

With the B2B Double Eviction of Tiffany and Hannah (Azah won HoH and nominated X and Hannah, but Kyland won Veto and saved Xavier, leaving Derek F to go up on the block), an interesting gender dichotomy has arisen. Derek X is alone in the Jury House with six women, while Azah is alone in the BB House with three men. 

While viewer and live feeder attention has been on The Cookout running silent and deep through the season, the game is possibly going to end up being decided on gender lines, with a majority female jury choosing between two good looking but very different men.

Kyle is the ultimate competitor who was willing to say and do whatever was needed to further the Cause.  Xavier avoided positions of responsibility at every opportunity, throwing comps and never making promises, let alone ones he would not keep.

Yes, I am putting the cart before the horse here, because technically Derek F or Azah could make F3 and then win Final HoH. It happened with Jordan in BB Season 11. But unless Kyland or Xavier turns on the other, I think that's what we're looking at.

A bunch of women choosing between two guys.

Back to this week, Xavier won HoH, securing his spot in the Final 3, and nominated Kyland and Azah for eviction. It is Azah's first time being nominated and she took it hard. It really comes the Veto now. If Ky wins, then Derek F goes up. If Azah wins, Derek F goes up. If Derek F wins, noms stay the same. And if Xavier wins Veto, he will decide not only who faces eviction next Thursday but also who will cast the sole vote to evict.

As Veto winner, Xavier decides not only who remains on the block but who casts the sole deciding vote to evict. If Xavier leaves noms the same, Derek F would choose to take either Azah or Kyland to the Final 3. If X saves Azah or Kyland, then Derek F would go on the block and the saved HG would cast the deciding vote to evict.

Derek F has told Azah that he would vote to keep her, but has told X/Ky he is only saying that to keep her calm. But Ky is worried Derek F will use the opportunity to evict him and is frustrated that not only did he not win the Veto, he came in last.

It's time to check in on the Power Connection rankings one last time. With the HG count down 75% from the start of the season, the strength of your connections in the house could make or break your game (just ask Kyland - you'll be able to reach him at The Jury House come Friday).

image.png

The first thing to note here is that the Aces team has been wiped out with Hannah's evictin. Queens and Kings are down to Kyland and Xavier respectively, and only the Jokers have two members remaining. And while you may say that the Teams Twist ended six weeks ago, there may still be some power in that one remaining Team connection between Derek F and Azah, should either find themselves winning Final HoH.

There has been an upset in the Power Connections Rating leader board with Derek F rising to the top on the strength of having Final 2 deals with each of the other three HG. There is only one alliance left, but with $750k on the line, The Boys are already turning on each other, proving this was an alliance of convenience and not conscience, as Kyland mistakenly bet.

I don't care how strong you think your alliance is, it's not, and the only play you have from Final 5 to the end is to win every comp, especially Veto, that you possibly can. If you don't take Win or Go Home mentality into the comp, you will lose. In Kyland's case, it sounds like his mind was racing too fast for him to be able to approach the comp strategically (we'll see what happened late Wednesday night - the Veto episode is at 10pm).

We've seen that Kyland before, when his mind is running faster than his ability to communicate and he has to pause to form his thoughts into words. Fans have harangued Kyland hard for his speech idiosyncrasies or his naive trust in Derek F and Xavier's honor and sincerity. He dropped a comment in one of his talks with the live feeds that Xavier reminded him of his father, and that may have led to his misguided faith in Xavier's character.

Of course, nobody knows that Xavier is a lawyer. If they had, they would have been able to tell he was lying whenever his lips were moving. 🙂

So assuming there is not an upset, what can we expect to happen in the final week of Big Brother Season 23? I think everyone is expecting Xavier to win HoH Part I, as Azah has not proven she can compete in an endurance comp, and though Derek F has proven competitive in a number of physical comps, he hasn't pulled out a win in anything all season.

So let's assume that HoH Part II pits Azah against Derek F. I think that  comp could be a toss-up but let's say Azah wins and faces Xavier live for HoH Part III. Now let's say that when it comes to intuiting how the Jury Members might complete sentences (the traditional Part III comp), Azah is more in tune with how they thnk than Xavier and she edges him out for Final HoH.

Does Azah then take her high school crush into the Final 2? Or does she ditch the master manipulator and return to her original and sole remaining connection in the Big Brother house, Derek F? See how that Team Joker origin story could come into play? 

So Azah takes Derek F to the Final 2. and because Azah actually has 2 HoHs under her belt (whether you think she was handed the first one or not), and because there are 5 women on the Jury who want to see a woman win, and because Derek F does not have a significantly more compelling argument to win, Azah wins Season 23 of Big Brother.

Now I can hear you saying, no chance Azah somehow floats her way to $750k. To that I say remember Jordan Lloyd? That's exactly how she won Season 11, carried by Jeff for 2/3 of the season and never seen as a comp threat, she managed to win Part II and Part III to win Final HoH, ditched Keven and beat Natalie in a 5-2 vote. 

Who is your pick to win Final HoH and Season 23 of Big Brother?

For 11 weeks, the name of the game for Season 23 has been civility. Team meetings, standard HoH 1-on-1s, no fights, this season has been notable for not being notable.

That ended tonight with the blindside of Kyland by Xavier and Derek F. As expected, Xavier did not use the Veto and Derek F stuck with his fellow Joker (those team ties bind one more time), Azah. 

It was on his way out that Kyland  caused the season's first drama, challenging Xavier to explain why. When Xavier refused, Kyland decided to poke the bear, suggesting that Xavier was a coward for blindsiding him instead of competing against him.

It was on his way out that Kyland  caused the season's first drama, challenging Xavier to explain why. When Xavier refused, Kyland decided to poke the bear, suggesting that Xavier was a coward for blindsiding him instead of competing against him.

When Xavier proposed forming a F2 with Kyland, he used the story of his nephew to lure Kyland into believing he wanted to teach his nephew that BB could be won with honor between two Black men contrary to negative stereotypes. He even named the F2 deal The Gentlemen.

For Ky to have bought into that hook, line and stinker, Kyland has to take responsibility. Xavier correctly read him and played him like a fiddle. Ky had every right to be mad that Xavier didn't even have the respect for him to give him a pre-show warning.

That said, Kyland's parting words were not in line with his desire to play with dignity. It wasn't so much the eviction but they way he was evicted, he told Julie Chen Moonves. But for those not familiar with the underlying story on live feeds, it looks like he attached Xavier's family out of the blue.

My guess is that how you view the exchange will depend on whether you have watched how Xavier has operated on the live feeds or just know what you've seen on the broadcast episodes. On the Live Feeds, Xavier is more of a villain and Kyland is more of victimized good guy. On the show, however, the verbal attack would just seem like bad sportsmanship.

Personally, I think Derek F made a bad decision. If Xavier wasn't in his ear, he might have realized he would have a better chance with Kyland. If Derek F saved Kyland, then 100% Kyland would have taken Derek F to F2 over Xavier. And knowing how badly Xavier wants to avoid competing against Kyland, it's 100% that Xavier would have taken Derek F as well. But Azah will take Xavier over Derek F 100%.

What comes next is HoH Part I, usually an Endurance Comp which everyone expects Xavier to win handily. This will air on Sunday's show. That will leave Azah and Derek F to compete in Part II, which will air during the Wednesday finale along with the live Part II comp between Xavier and whomever wins Part II. Then the jury decides.

The predictable result would be Xavier winning Part II, Azah winning Part II (though it really doesn't matter) and then Xavier beating whomever wins Part II to decide who faces the jury with them. If Xavier wins Final HoH, I expect he'll send Derek F packing. After all, if Xavier wasn't loyal to his F2 deal with Kyland, why should he be loyal to Derek F?

If Derek F wins the Final HoH, he'll most likely choose to take Azah to the F2. After all, if he won't let a man (Kyland) come between him and his girl (Azah), why would he let Xavier? On the other hand, I can see Azah choosing to go with Xavier to the F2, though she'd have a better chance against Derek F. 

In fact, I would even go as far to say that the Jury might award the top prize to whomever sends Xavier to join them.