Jump to content

Big Brother 23 - What to Expect This Season


Recommended Posts

Rzjif0y3RSbjSfirix9RBa25_SXJwF1SWTiZGVsKsZHVRvykVDh9eQAb0N7MXalflY18027xVleRh51jbAwsYf05Jnp7N3AXd27IMky92KOIPiEh7q9LyFtleDKDZDhVHxTp3AK_

 

Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, the executive producers of Big Brother, provided some details on this upcoming season in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

 

Houseguests: All New Houseguests with 50% being people of color (with "surprises" along the way)

Theme: "BB Beach Club" with a boutique hotel design and a casino vibe

Move-In: Live on July 7th with 4 Houseguests entering at a time

Twists: Gambling with risky decisions and offers that could be too good to pass up

 

We are expecting a cast reveal and sneak peek at the house within the next few days.  

TefYrrTyBoJllPbOLxnhryJiU_0WKjrPeHDnNSyEzgs4e5Qa1esHPAGcg0NJ-nXKAkEkRFtD5616K1a2ZKt2uPOXLV57vX19M3F8oujRCSheQo19vNrLd661lnkwIkRhPiHqPiCo

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, I was just looking through the tv guide and noticed BB is back! And it's only a few minutes away! Talk about good timing. Hopefully this season will be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has been a while since I have been active on Marty’s and the layout is very different. I see rooms to discuss each player individually but cannot find the place to just go and talk/debate/argue while watching the feeds. Am I missing something or has it just been dropped to individual player discussions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 5:41 AM, MamaLong said:

Rzjif0y3RSbjSfirix9RBa25_SXJwF1SWTiZGVsKsZHVRvykVDh9eQAb0N7MXalflY18027xVleRh51jbAwsYf05Jnp7N3AXd27IMky92KOIPiEh7q9LyFtleDKDZDhVHxTp3AK_

 

Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, the executive producers of Big Brother, provided some details on this upcoming season in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

 

Houseguests: All New Houseguests with 50% being people of color (with "surprises" along the way)

Theme: "BB Beach Club" with a boutique hotel design and a casino vibe

Move-In: Live on July 7th with 4 Houseguests entering at a time

Twists: Gambling with risky decisions and offers that could be too good to pass up

 

We are expecting a employee tracking software reveal and sneak peek at the house within the next few days.  

TefYrrTyBoJllPbOLxnhryJiU_0WKjrPeHDnNSyEzgs4e5Qa1esHPAGcg0NJ-nXKAkEkRFtD5616K1a2ZKt2uPOXLV57vX19M3F8oujRCSheQo19vNrLd661lnkwIkRhPiHqPiCo

 

 

I've watched Big Brother since the beginning and I am looking forward to any change that might shake up the house dynamic without adding too many ridiculous twists that clearly favor the houseguests production likes. More diversity? Bring it on! 

I think the Double or Nothing offer has to be something like first person to run and buzz in will leave the game on night one 
I hope they have an alternate if that happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

In the age of social awareness, it seems funny that there could be an alliance of minorities and it would be ok. An all white alliance would be crucified. It doesn't seem right. I'm glad there's a more diverse cast. I've always wanted to see it this way. But really? Doesn't seem right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alysse007 said:

good thing reverse racism isn't a thing then huh? 

 

Every year there are ask white alliances. Come on now. The cast is usually majority white and the minorities are usually isolated and taken out. 

I agree. This is the first time that POC make up 50% of the house and are able to form an alliance with enough people that possibly by sticking together, winning comps and having some good luck, will be able to keep some of their alliance in the game until the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has there ever been an alliance where they blatantly stated it was a "white" alliance? I get people generally gravitate towards others who are similar, but for any group to just state it is a little put offish to me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't have to be stated aloud by the hg. When they target poc back to back weeks it soaks volumes. Racism has run a muck in the bb house for decades. Just last year when a hg should have been able to cuss a white hg out she was unable to because of well. "Angry black aggressive woman =threat "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Alysse007 said:

It doesn't have to be stated aloud by the hg. When they target poc back to back weeks it soaks volumes. Racism has run a muck in the bb house for decades. Just last year when a hg should have been able to cuss a white hg out she was unable to because of well. "Angry black aggressive woman =threat "

 

It shouldn't be stated at all. White or black, if they just blatantly go out of their way to exclude someone for skin color they're wrong. Anyone doing so sucks as a person. And if you're talking about Bayleigh from last season, well she was a fruit loop anyways. She got so pissed in her first season she made her mouth bleed. She gave herself the "angry black woman" moniker long before season 22. If a cast member can't play the game without cussing someone out maybe they're not really good BB material anyways. IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

White HGs have had the majority for 22 seasons. They never had to say that they were a white alliance because when there are 13 or 14 white people in a house of 16, the alliances are pretty much going to be white with maybe a temporary POC for a number and an early sacrifice. And I see nothing wrong with the people of the Cookout alliance saying they'd like to see two minority HGs sitting in those two seats at the end of the game and playing hard to get there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, WOC said:

 

It shouldn't be stated at all. White or black, if they just blatantly go out of their way to exclude someone for skin color they're wrong. Anyone doing so sucks as a person. And if you're talking about Bayleigh from last season, well she was a fruit loop anyways. She got so pissed in her first season she made her mouth bleed. She gave herself the "angry black woman" moniker long before season 22. If a cast member can't play the game without cussing someone out maybe they're not really good BB material anyways. IMO

But why couldn't she just be angry? Why should the color of her skin matter?

You keep trying to push this as if reverse racism is a thing though. You may want to ask yourself why you are speaking out against  people of color doing the same thing that white people have always done and being appalled by it. It's pretty disgusting. They've made an agreement to protect themselves, which they need. 

But of course, black people shouldn't be allowed to do what white people do. 

12 hours ago, straykat said:

White HGs have had the majority for 22 seasons. They never had to say that they were a white alliance because when there are 13 or 14 white people in a house of 16, the alliances are pretty much going to be white with maybe a temporary POC for a number and an early sacrifice. And I see nothing wrong with the people of the Cookout alliance saying they'd like to see two minority HGs sitting in those two seats at the end of the game and playing hard to get there.

and imagine, for once then getting to enter the house knowing their skin color won't be working against them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alysse007 said:

and imagine, for once then getting to enter the house knowing their skin color won't be working against them

Yes, I can imagine how surprised and happy they were to see that they actually had a chance to have strong alliances and not be the ones on the outside fighting against the odds just to stay in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, straykat said:

Yes, I can imagine how surprised and happy they were to see that they actually had a chance to have strong alliances and not be the ones on the outside fighting against the odds just to stay in the game.

Right, they actually have a chance to play the game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't like the new twist. In the past, they used this kind of twist and because there often was huge divides in the house and some not so nice HGs, viewers would show the HGs how they were being viewed by the outside world with the vote. One that I remember well was Janelle in her first season. She won this type of vote a few times and the Friendship alliance were always just stunned that viewers liked her so much and didn't like them at all.

 

But now, all these HGs are pretty much friendly with each other and there is no harsh drama and as far as I cane tell, no ones game is way better than any other's game. So it's just a popularity contest based on personality. I just think that someone like Britini, who doesn't seem to be popular with the viewers, will feel pretty bad if she is always at the bottom of the high rollers vote.

 

I know, this is BB. HGs have to expect that the viewers might not become fans but I will feel a bit sad for the ones on the bottom, especially if they stay on the bottom the whole course of the twist.

 

Edited: It seems like viewers do care that Britini has had some bad weeks in the house and are voting to show her some love. Last poll I have seen, she was in second place. That's pretty nice. 

Edited by straykat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that twists are bad for the BB house.  I keep thinking about season 11 with Jeff and Jordan.  Chima was HOH and Big Brother gave Jeff the diamond power of veto.  Chima had took a big chance to put Jeff on the block at the time.   Due to the special veto, her HOH was worthless.  

 

I think BB did an excellent job with picking the players for this season. This is the first time when an equal number of minorities were picked as players. I think that Da'Vonne would have had a fighting chance during her seasons if BB picked different players..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are not against discussing what can be considered controversial topics in this forum. But we do insist that you not personally attack each other. Comments have been deleted due to attacks against each other and for the language. Keep it civil folks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2021 at 2:09 PM, CrazyBBFan said:

I agree that twists are bad for the BB house.  I keep thinking about season 11 with Jeff and Jordan.  Chima was HOH and Big Brother gave Jeff the diamond power of veto.  Chima had took a big chance to put Jeff on the block at the time.   Due to the special veto, her HOH was worthless.  

 

I think BB did an excellent job with picking the players for this season. This is the first time when an equal number of minorities were picked as players. I think that Da'Vonne would have had a fighting chance during her seasons if BB picked different players..

I really disliked the twists voted on by viewers that pretty much took away the HOH 's power. As much as we may like or dislike HGs, having the power to completely crash their HOH shouldn't be in the hands of the viewers. 

 Yes, they did a good job with the cast this season. Now, a little more age diversity would be nice. Spreading the ages out from 20's to 50's or 60's would be cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, straykat said:

I really disliked the twists voted on by viewers that pretty much took away the HOH 's power. As much as we may like or dislike HGs, having the power to completely crash their HOH shouldn't be in the hands of the viewers. 

 

 

I agree.  It's not so bad when someone gets a power to help themselves out, but to take away something that another HG earned is not cool.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...