'ATWT' Star Benjamin Hendrickson

Guest StarBaby

Guest StarBaby

This is so sad.......

'As the World Turns' Star Benjamin Hendrickson Dies in Apparent Suicide

Thursday , July 06, 2006

NEW YORK

I wonder how the story line will go Im wondering if they will make it suicide on the show in result of Jens death. I hope they just have him killed in a car accident or something because I think it would be disrespectful to him and his family.

I watched today, because I knew it was going to be the last show he was on. I haven't watched in YEARS, but it was nice to see some of those same old faces. What a sad show today! I don't know what happend to Jennifer, but it was almost as if they knew something was going to change in Hal's story. He gave Parker back to Carly. What surprised me was that Parker was still a little kid. I do remember when he was born, and I bet I havent' watched for at least 5 years . But I was still watching when he was born - at least part time. I would have thought he would have been a teenager at least, going by soap opera time!

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't think that role could be re-cast -- not under these circumstances. Had this guy always played Hal? He's the only one I can remember. It would be kiind of like recasting Bob, or Kim, or Nancy Hughes. They are just too identified with their character. But you just never know what they're going to do on a soap. I think it would be really tacky if they had it a suicide. I don't think they would do that.

I bet the whole cast will really miss him!

As far as I know only one other person has played Hal and that was why the original took a leave of abscence. and I didnt like him and it wasnt the same. I hope they don't try to replace him.

Guest StarBaby

The only other person to have played Hal for more than just a day or two was Randolph Mantooth (of Classic TV Emergency fame). He was okay, but he just wasn't Hal. I hope they somehow write Hal off, because it wouldn't seem right to see someone else in that role now.

ITA i dont think they should recast this role. He is Hal We will see I guess. I wonder if they are going to say anything after the show today. I have watched everyday expecting to hear something but havent. The storyline with Jen was heartbreaking I can see him getting upset by it espcially with the rumors he was depressed because of his Mom.

I noticed yesterday they had In loving memory after the show... but my TIVO didnt get todays show UGHHHHHHHH soooo did they show Hal or anything?? Just curious??