Fuskie's Notes

As time permits, I will be posting my thoughts on the season here. I would love to hear what you think (that's what the REPLY button is for) and hope you'll come into Morty's TV Chat to tell me directly why I'm wrong or right!

-----

Just watched Monday's episode. Latoya is all bull and no subtlety and I knew it was inevitable she would burn bridges quickly. My initial reaction to Kiefer throwing himself under the bus was that HG should check their morals at the door if they wanted to win the game. But while his attempt to distance himself from the failed flip was a forced fumble, his mea culpa confession to Victoria just may be a gamble that pays off. 

Kyle is pretty pleased with himself having played the key role of exposing Kiefer to Victoria last week then hitching a ride on her HoH. I'm not sure he realizes he is this season't minority - the token straight white guy. Looks won't carry you to the end, bro.

Jedson, Rohan and Tychon have it pretty easy right now. Nobody wants to target them (Rohan was nominated because Austin thought he would be safe pawn to ensure Josh was evicted). Nobody is really focused on Tina, Tara or Austin either. But once Kiefer and Latoya are evicted (I predict they will follow each other), then Beth and Braydon might be the next two on the outside looking in.

There's one thing that's for sure with the BBCAN9 season - it's a jungle in there!

• 2 weeks later...

This was the week of Victoria's Secret. Winning the Invisible HoH, Victoria secretly placed Austin, Breydon, Kiefer, & herself as Have Nots, then stunned Austin and Breydon with a pair of "undeserving" nominations. It's always interesting that when people say that karma is going to get someone for doing them wrong, they never consider the possibility karma is getting them because did wrong to someone first.

Austin said nominations say a lot about the character of the HoH. I think she got it backwards. Being nominated says a lot about the character of the person nominated.

Beth, Rohan, and Victoria joined the nominees playing for Veto. Rohan won, but did not honor his promise to save either either nominee. I mean, why make the promise? It served no purpose and just came back to bite you in the butt. In the end, Austin was evicted unanimously 7-0. I know I didn't shed a tear when she walked out the door.

But really, this week was all about Victoria. Free from the burdens of being a public HoH, Victoria's cloak of invisibility seems to extend to her ability to masterfully manipulate the rest of the house into blaming who she wanted blamed, evicting who she wanted evicted, and being able to sit back and watch with great satisfaction and no suspicion.

Except from Beth, and she just won HoH. With Jedson and and Tychon presumably safe by her lips, Beth's targets will have to come from Kiefer, Rohan, Victoria, Tina or Tera. Personally, I'd like to nominate Tina and Tera because they are boring, but My guess is that it will be Victoria and Kiefer.

By a unanimous vote of 7-0, Austin will have to complain about the indignities of being nominated from outside the BBCAN9 House. Victoria's Secret was kept from all except Kiefer.

Beth had her suspicions, and as the new, very visible HoH, she has the power to do something about it. Beth named Breydon, Rohan, Tera and Tina as Have Nots, then  nominated Rohan and Tera for eviction. She wants to backdoor Victoria, but Jedson and Tychon are not on board with that. 

Rohan won the Veto (again) and for a while it looked like Tina may be a pawn and the target is now Tera, but in the end, Beth nominated and is targeting Victoria. Just hand her the $100k now, she told feeders. 

By a unanimous vote of 6-0, Victoria was evicted from the Big Brother Canada House and after a fast-paced Double Eviction, Rohan's luck ran out and the curtain closed on the RoShow.

Kiefer won the Before/After HoH comp with a perfect score, then nominated Rohan and Braydon for eviction. In a Power of Veto comp that features a slot puzzle, Tychon muscled his way to victory and chose to not use it, leaving the nominees in place.

The vote was a no-brainer - inside of an hour, the HG evicted the two HG who were playing the game the hardest. They now form the Jury, but who will join them next week? Who will be the new HoH? Who is even reading this? 

Jedson has won HoH, keeping the Sunsetters in power, so it's not looking good for Braydon and Tera. 

Due to conflicts and getting shot for my second time, I am a little behind on last week's episodes, but after Monday's HoH/Nom episode, I have the following observations:

Beth comes off really arrogant. Kiefer is a freakin' idiot to "get anything off his chest" in which he admits to withholding information from his allies. And Breydon should have picked up from Jedson lying to him - who talks to the HoH and doesn't talk game?

Kiefer's reaction to being nominated is one who is used to losing. He's used to placing others' interests before his and coming up short as a result. And "you're the best player in the game" is a total cop-out. The Best Player In The Game will never beat the Three Playing As One. Anyone who has ever competed in team sports understands that.

I think it is pretty clear that Beth thinks she is the brains of the Sauce and doesn't respect Jedson or Tychon enough to be able to make decisions without her. It's not that they told Kiefer he was safe without her - she didn't want to verify Kiefer's loyalty - she was upset that they made the decision without her and and made the decision she didn't want them to make.

Kiefer hit the nail on the head that Beth has Breydon for some side action and wanted to eliminate Kiefer as aide option for Jedson and Tychon. When it came time to vote, though, Beth had no choice but to stick with her boys lest she give them any reason to turn on her. That's a lesson Kiefer has failed to learn, wearing confidential information on her sleeve.

This was the final battle of Team Diversity vs. Team Destiny as the two Canada-voted Team Captains were pitted against each other. Destiny dominated the team competition, but Defender won the war in the end.

What I would love to see now is for Kiefer to win HoH, then nominate Jedson and Beth to break up the power couple. To Tychon and Jedson, he would explain that he knew all along that it was Beth pushing for his eviction, not them, and if he didn't try to get her out, she would keep coming after him.

Unfortunately for that scenario, Tera won HoH, so we know two things. One, Breydon will be safe. Two, the sun will set on a Sunsetter. On the other hand, this is Big Brother, and anything can happen. I expect Jedson and Beth are sweating big time.

Including a fake Double Eviction.

Fresh from being targeted by the whole house (except Kiefer), Tera assumed the HoH throne and to nobody's surprise has nominated Beth and Jedson for eviction. If one of them comes off, I imagine Tychon would go up. Complicating the picture, it has to be assumed Breydon told Tera all the tea Kiefer spilled about the Sunsetters when he thought he was being evicted.

Jedson won Veto & a trip; great if he & Beth pursue a relationship after the show. Tychon is the obvious replacement choice, but is Tera an obvious HoH? Here's a scenario - evict Beth now & Jedson in the fake DE & let them battle back each other!

It is Spring & love is in the air. How else to explain Jedson using the PoV to save Beth instead of himself? Tera nominated Breydon, not Tychon. If Breydon is evicted, the Sauce will still have all its ingredients. But will Tychon change the recipe?

Kiefer is another question mark. Breydon has been trying to deflect attention from him onto Kiefer, and Keifer has to know. And presumably remains an ally with Jedson and Tychon. So if he and Beth vote out Breydon, it won't matter what Tychon does. In that scenario, I expect Tychon will fall in line to avoid creating problems with Jedson.

Jedson has realized he's in trouble and while Beth has underplayed the commitment Kiefer & Tychon have to evict him (they are letting her vote to keep him, and she is putting the blame squarely on them), Jedson is scrambling to say Breydon doesn't deserve to be in F3 and he's only ever worked for the team.

It was the DE that wasn't and I bet you didn't predict how it went down. There were tears, cheers and when all was said and done, there were fears. Plus, first looks at the jury. Check out the very real recap on the Morty's TV Fan Forums & Chat!

By a unanimous vote, Jedson was evicted but instead of joining Arisa outside, he was redirected backstage into the HoH room. The HG were then informed it was a double eviction. Tychon won HoH and quickly nominated Beth and Tera for eviction.

In the Power of Veto competition, Breydon spanked the other HG with his blazing roping speed, just as fast declined to use the Veto to save either Beth or Tera.

That's when the Fake Double Eviction took a left turn, as Kiefer and Tychon voted to evict Tera and keep Beth in the game. Tera was evicted and also routed into the HoH room, where she apologized to Jedson.

The HG were then informed that the Double Eviction was fake and that Jedson and Tera would compete for the right to remain in the game. 

And then we were informed that feeds would be off until Monday's episode when the winner of the Battle Back would be revealed.

All of that in just an hour!

If Jedson wins, Breydon is probably OK since he was on the block and didn't vote him out. Jedson and Beth will kiss and pick up where they left off.

If Tera wins, Beth and Breydon will probably be safe, or at least safer. Tera will blame jedson's eviction on Keifer and Tychon and that will win Beth to her side. Tera would probably forgive Breydon for voting her out as well simply because she feels back stabbed by Kiefer and Tychon. 

Either way, Kiefer and Tychon, will probably have to win HoH or Veto to survive, because Beth, Jedson, and Tera would all be gunning for them. Breydon probably would too because it would be the easy path as well.

One thing is for sure, the feeds may be off until Monday night, but there will be fireworks in the BBCAN house this weekend.

Before the Battle Back, Tera spilled the tea that Trap Door plan was Kiefer's idea, as if she was just going along for the ride. 

But in an upset (even the HG thought Jedson would win), Tera battled her way back into the BB Canada House, hurt, upset and wanting to understand why she was evicted, in fear of going right back out the door again.

But when the chips were down, it was Breydon who let it ride to win his first HoH and cement his position the Final 4. He hitched his wagon to Tychon and Kiefer, nominating Tera and Beth for eviction. 

Breydon also put Beth and Kiefer on Slop but Kiefer won Canada's Skip The Dishes Slop Pass.

Kiefer and Tychon are again casting the sole votes to evict, and they seem to be set at sending Beth to join her beau Jedson.

After Beth was evicted, the HG retired to the Game Room for the Final 4 HoH comp, which was played after the eviction episode. When feeds returned after the BB Awards dinner was taped, Breydon could be hears saying, "I'm surprised you won HoH. I thought you were going to throw it."

It appears Tychon is HoH. Who will he nominate? It does not really matter, since the Veto winner controls not only who faces nomination but who gets evicted. But hurt feelings at the F4 could mean getting shafted if you don't win Final HoH.

Which is Tychon's best option?

Tera and Breydon
Tera and Kiefer

Breydon and Kiefer

Who do you want to win the final Power of Veto?

Tychon won HoH and nominated Tera and Kiefer. It does not really matter, since the Veto winner controls not only who faces nomination but who gets evicted. But hurt feelings at the F4 could mean getting shafted if you don't win Final HoH.

Feeds returned briefly and Tera won the Power of Veto. Assuming she is smarter than Jedson, she will take herself off the block, securing a spot in the F3 along with Tychon, and Kiefer & Breydon will face eviction. Will loyalty or strategy win? Only Tera knows.

If she is worried about Kiefer's chance of beating her in a jury vote, she sends out Kiefer. On the other hand, given how close she knows Tychon and Breydon are, she might elect solidify a F2 with Kiefer and send out Breydon to remove the chance he might select Breydon over her. The decision may not be as cut and dry as it seems.

In the end, Tara trusted Breydon to have her back, though Breydon wants to stay as close to Tychon as he can. Kiefer is evicted. But Canada can still reward him or another HG with the first ever Canada's Favorite HG award!

Tychon, Breydon and Tara will compete in the Final HoH for the right to choose who sits next to them in the Final 2.  With Breydon and Tychon promising each other Final 2, If Tara does not win Final HoH, she may have just handed Tychon $100k!

Season 9 of Big Brother Canada is in the can, and Tychon took top honors, having won Final HoH Parts II and III. Tychon chose to bring Breydon, who won Part I, to the Final 2. Tera was evicted as the last juror.

By a vote of 6-1, Tychon was voted the winner of Big Brother (Tera promised to vote for Breydon). 

Kiefer was surprised to learn there was a vote for Canada's Favorite HG, and even more surprised to learn he won it and that the award came with a $10k prize.