Is the sov the new friendship?

uvp

i mean will they ever backstab each other to advance their self in the game. i know all 4 of them are friends outside the bb house. will any of them have the guts to break lose of their pack?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's possible that they will wait as long as possible. it's possible they won't have to turn on each other if the "other side" picks them off. but i believe 100% that when the time comes all of them will cut bait and go for it.

Ha ha - that title was a real eye-catcher UVP! :D

I was just thinking that the sov alliance must be really intimidating to the other players because they're like the biggest and the most popular alliance of all-time. Hopefully they will be as gracious and likeable in power as they were as underdogs (imo! ;) ) and reach out to the other players even though it is ultimately a competition.

Also, jmo but I think James may have a hierarchy of alliances and have one going with Danielle that has priority over his one with the sov. Is that why he was trying to come up with bigger 'threats' like Nakomis for Janelle to nominate . . . to get Danielle off the block?

PS I'm getting REALLY excited about all-stars being the best BB ever now! :)

i never knew about james and danielle teaming up

but if any one of sov that would ditch the pack james would be the man :lol:

the friendship were not the friendship because of backstabbing.... and it wasnt backstabbing that got them all hated either. they were just unlikable. all they did all day was talk crap about the other houseguest and then they got all hight and mighty when they heard anyone talk about them. it was a world of "do as i say, not as i do" to them.

of course, they got some fans from all that too. I think everyone that has played this game knows that sooner or later they will have to nominate or vote the people in their alliance... the friendship just thought that day would never come. i am sure that everyone in the house now knows that its wartime now. nothing is what it seems and nobody can be trusted.

OMG... That's like apples and oranges! :o Really you could think that? They are popular but I can not see any comparison. Wow!

The thread is an eyecatcher! When I thought about it.....nah....... not the same!

I loved the sov last year, but I'm trying to stay realistic about people so I'm not disappointed like I was with Stephenie LaGrossa on Survivor.

I think the dynamic does make a difference - like you guys pointed out The Friendship last year had all the power and did not wear it well - don't we all hate that? And since power does corrupt, there is that danger for the sovs to let it get to their heads. Hopefully that won't happen! :)

Just a thought on how the friendship could use thier alliance. What if they came in there and acted like they were no longer friends in order to build up alliances with other players and to take the target off of thier backs? I think they are going to be the first ones to be on the chopping block because of thier perceived strength. Any thoughts?

The SOV's were never gracious by any means (power or no power). I mean Janelle & Howie both crossed the line with their yelling & cussing people out. Last year it went way too far on both sides & I really want a nicer house this year. I love the backstabbing & scheming but lets not dog people (& their family members) out 24-7 like they did last year.

dumblonde Posted Today, 05:00 PM

The SOV's were never gracious by any means (power or no power). I mean Janelle & Howie both crossed the line with their yelling & cussing people out. Last year it went way too far on both sides & I really want a nicer house this year. I love the backstabbing & scheming but lets not dog people (& their family members) out 24-7 like they did last year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like it when they dog each other, seems more realistic to me. If your going to take people from all walks of life, lock them up in a house, cut off from the outside world, chances are they're not all going to like one another. Natural human behavior.

Well me using "dog" was too tame a word. Whatever you want to call what Howie did to April was to me, crossing the line. I may not have liked April but I could never imagine acting the way he did & still being considered a human being ;)

Quote Fizzle:the friendship were not the friendship because of backstabbing.... and it wasnt backstabbing that got them all hated either. they were just unlikable. all they did all day was talk crap about the other houseguest and then they got all hight and mighty when they heard anyone talk about them. it was a world of "do as i say, not as i do" to them.

of course, they got some fans from all that too. I think everyone that has played this game knows that sooner or later they will have to nominate or vote the people in their alliance... the friendship just thought that day would never come. i am sure that everyone in the house now knows that its wartime now. nothing is what it seems and nobody can be trusted.

You got that right--all of it! :)

During the show James said that he could trust Jase more than he could trust Kaysar and Janelle so that leads me to believe that they are not as strong as everyone else in the house believes them to be. I don't think that there is much love between James and the other Sovs-- Janelle, Howie and Kaysar. Right now that alliance is a convenience, but I don't see it lasting for long.

they will never turn into the new friendship! the only reason the friendship was so hated in the first place because they were annoying and just plain boring to watch. even though it seems like the sovs are in trouble now, it'll be really fun to see how they get out of this hole.

I don't see how they could become the knew friendship. Last season when they had power the let it go to their heads and we all still liked them. I think James will turn on them at some point because he was not really a part of their alliance. He also seems to play the game for himself. They are in trouble because so many people see them as a threat.

last year the sov were NOT gracious at all - they were the ultimate of rudeness with all the screaming and yelling at the other houseguests. I liked them until that got out of control with demeaning remarks and better-than-everyone-else attitude. Play the game, scheme and form alliances, but enough with the behavior - act your age and not like 4 year olds. I am definitely looking forward to some fresh relationships this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Please don't bash me...As you can tell by my name i love the SOV's and that's why it's taken me this long to realize how much like them they are acting.

Last year the NerdHerd was all about the group. It's what's best for the "group", no matter who was HOH and how it would affect that particular person's game play...they always did what was best for the "group".

I know most of us SOV fans from last year called this "cult" like. But the SOV's are doing it now!!

Like James has said many times, it's not a TEAM sport, but he sure does like to use that excuse for when they do something HE doesn't like...

I remember thinking last year how STUPID it was that the NERDHERD kept saying "well if you go against the group then.... " But that's exactly what James is saying this year, that if Janelle goes against the "group" then he is going to come after her...

All of this is a bunch of jumble, but hopefully you get my point... At first I was going to be upset if Janelle went against her "group", but now I say... Do what's best for her!!!!

I've compared them to the nerd herd too (but nerd herd was way worse).

James was like Jennifer. He backdoored Jase (although I have trouble saying backdoored because Jase competed for veto). Jennifer backdoored Kaysar.

Maggie talked Jennifer into nominating Kaysar. Janelle talked James into nominated Jase.

The 'group' mentality worked for the friendship alliance last year. The sov's big mistake last year was turning on their own.

That is why this focus on 'the group' this year.

They think this is the way to win.

At least in theory.

They also feel like they HAVE to stick together for safety, since everyone in the house wants to bust them up.

They do however also have their side alliances .. and at this point their side alliances encompass the entire house.

copycat :lol:

Archived