Howie

Jem

I ususally don't post, but had to respond to the person asking if anyone had ever eaten oatmeal all day. Back in 1977 I did. I was in a very bad situation and relied on oatmeal for over a week to get by on. I thought I would never eat it again, but now years later, I do enjoy it, lol. The HG should be glad they are allowed several condiments to add to it.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, i am wondering if its not oatmeal too. didnt janelle discribe it as "cream of wheat without the cream"?? yuck.

maybe its a mix of all those types of cereal.. cream of wheat, oatmeal, grits... whatever it is, it doesnt even look good on tv. i would seriously have problems eating only that for a week. and its making them really gassy. :mellow: no thanks!

Its not the same kind of oatmeal you'd buy at the store, which is kind of why I call it "gruel". (Slop is inaccurate, I believe slop is what they give to pigs and it usually has a lot of corn, meal, grain and leftovers from whatever the farmers were eating the night before in it, all mixed together.)

I think this is a concoction Big Brother/CBS has sat down with a nutritionist to come up with. Its probably wheat germ, oats and other similar ingredients. The gas problem would most likely be because its packed full of fiber.

As for the pickles- its true that they have no real nutritional value. But they do have a very sharp, intense flavor thats probably a huge relief from the gruel. And unlike condiments like brown sugar, honey or ketchup, its something they can actually chew and swallow to give them the feeling that they're at least eating something. Plus, if it were me- I'd eat my pickles with the gruel. A bite of gruel chased by a bite of pickle to help drown out the horrible bland flavor and get it down easier.

They should take away the pickles. :D

Ericka has found a "recipe" that is delicious. Howie, Janelle, and James really like it. Ericka calls it granola. They plan to watch her fix it next time, so they can make it themselves. :lol:

So as far as taste goes, I think they are doing okay, just nutrition that is the problem.

Howie and Janelle have also been freezing their protein shakes. It's make it taste better and it's like ice cream they say.

Not sure about the nutritional value of the slop. I know they get approved condiments to spice it up and the protein shakes are also allowed. (that's why Janelle is getting the farts. lol :o )

As for the pickles, i read somewhere that Danielle begged big brother for them. They said no but after telling them that she was week and wouldn't be able to bring game on for the show they agreed to give them pickles.

The slop isn't just straight oatmeal. It has extra protein & vitamins pre-added to it.

Danielle was telling (on the feeds last night) that she asked BB for pickles & they gave in & gave them to her. MBE BB is counting them as a condiment :D

Tonight, at the "Pay Attention" HOH contest --

Did Howie go with the "Everybody Vote for B" plan?

I think he did, and he looked really pissed that he went out first, with only one other player.

What say the rest of us?

Ah, say all you want, but Howie has a deal with Will, at least for this week. Did you catch it?

(Not to mention that this is not the place for threads, and (without a good foundation) it will probably be gone by tomorrow.)

howie top 4 easily

sov if they were smart i and still a uunited four down the line

i would kick howie to the curb he is a male leech who brings no value to the team

all of them of the team are targets except him

I just lost a lot of respect for Howie after watching this. He is same old schtick re-packaged three years later. I always thought his act was just that, an act that he had to keep up after the Big brother house.

But this was done BEFORE he got famous, so that is the real howie. What a loser.

Archived