Jase (Evicted Week 3)

Jem

lol, it happens, would you believe I reconsidered voting for Ivette when I saw her candidate plea? Then I ran into some old YouTube clips of her being Ivette and remembered why I never liked her. I can forgive anyone, but forget is something a lot harder to do. I guess because I didn't watch the BB5 Live Feeds I never saw the racist side of Jase. But I see it now and have someone other than Boogie to root against.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is that the one where she berated the Korean guy? Yes, I did, but again, I never watched BB4 (at all) so I didn't have the same hatred for her that I did for Ivette. I am not pleased that she didn't defend Kayser in the hot tub. Game aside, she should have used that to right a wrong she made. If she'd stood up for Kayser it would show that she truely is a nice person. But after her comments about Jee and then just sitting there while Jase has a go at Kayser, I am just as disgusted with her.

Grrrrrrrrr. I so want to post a full reply to this now, but, in my mood, it wouldn;t be a good idea. I will just say that there is a difference between a comment that has possible racial implications, and being a racist. Be very careful what you accuse someone of. Many people make comments that sound racist, but that is now how they were intended.

People these days are WAT TOO hung up on being politically correct. When it comes to labeling someone a racist, make sure you have researched them enough before you call them that.

Dep

I don't think Jase is racist and it is very immature to judge someone by a single action. I think that he said it because it was the first thing he thought of saying. I'm sure everyone has done something racist but it wasn't out of pure racism.

What does it mean? I am reading that it was racist, and not racist, I don't know what drawing a line in the sand has to do with being racist..yeah I am very naive for my age, very!

I think some are making a mountain out of a mole hill, I don't see how Jase's comments make him a racists. If he would have alluded to Iraqi's as being terrorists that would be stereotyping...but Iraqi and drawing a line in the sand?

Stereotypes are normal instinctive cognitive processes that save time and effort required to fully understand an individual from a characteristic group. They save on energy by simplifying the social world. Unfortunately, this conservation usually lacks accuracy, because background facts and characteristics are not introduced. Everyday media form need to be simple and attention grabbing therefore there is little time for viewers to develop counter stereotypical ideals. Typically, invisible stereotyping involves the repeated absence of a group from certain roles. An example is shown through media advertising where colored people are rarely seen in a position of top power or authority within a company such as CEO. On the contrary, visible stereotypes are repeated typical behavior seen by one group. An example is that an East Indian person is typically seen in media as taxi drivers. These stereotypes are reinforced through propaganda in order to reproduce existing stereotypes and control the minds of the masses. When the American Government describes their policy in Iraq, they use such terms as "strategic bombing" to justify their actions, where as when describing Iraqi bombing techniques they use terms like "weapons of mass destruction," therefore stereotyping Iraqis as destructive terrorists. Violence can evolve out of this ignorance, fear, and misunderstanding about this minority group leading our society to discriminate against all members of a particular group. How is Jase's comment a stereotype of Iraqi's? :huh:

Isn't it quite possible given the audience that he made that remark to appear to be on their side. True it could have been said in gentler terms but hey Jase is Jase and is known for stirring up the pot.

I for one voted for Jase to come back into the house because of his crazieness during his season and although he's matured somewhat I'm sure we'll see the old Jase bust out soon enough. He has what it takes to go far this year because he is working all the alliances.

Besides he's great eye candy - did anyone else notice him in his white trunks! :blush: OMG I had to put my DVR on pause several times.

Man forget the line in the sand comment. He should have just said "leave it to Kaysar to draw a line in the sand". Not leave it to an Iraqi. What does being an Iraqi have to do with anything?

If you were Italian and he said "leave it to an Italian to draw a line" wouldn't you think what does that have to do with being Italian?

I'm not watching the feeds this year (but am reading Morty's, whoohoo!), anyway, was he and Nak also in an alliance? I would think naturally that he, Nak and Diane would be since they are from the same season. He just seems really upset about Nak leaving.

He did seem like something was bothering him. He just sat there on the couch and had that look on his face.

I haven't seen anything on the feeds that would make me think or believe that Jase and Nak were in an alliance together.

Archived