Cutting the feeds?????

Guest janey_doll

I'm glad about this. God forbid children (our nations future) should stumble upon naked people or dirty words.

If parents are monitoring their children properly then they won't see something they shouldn't. And I know kids can't be monitored 24/7 but there are ways to keep your kids off of the feeds. Like signing out when you are finished and not giving your child the password.

I know this is a bit off topic but have you been in todays middle & high schools. I'm a teachers aide and I am dumbfounded by some of the things that are being worn to school especially girls. For instance a high school girl was wearing a very short mini skirt w/ nothing but a thong on underneath. A teacher reported her to the office because she noticed this while walking down the stairs and the girl was going up.

In the middle school I have seen girls wearing very short shorts or mini and I mean mini skirts. My father would have never let me out of the house. When I went to school we'd of been sent home. I asked a teacher why this was allowed in school and you know what I was told? Their parents let them come to school that way it's up to their discretion to make them change their clothes theres nothing we can say or do about it.

I'm honestly afraid of how our children will turn out. I see some of the neighborhood kids actually most of them taking care of themselves. What really saddens me is sometimes they see me more than their parents. I had to help the little boy up the street the other day because some other neighborhood bullies wouldn't let him off of his porch. He needed to use the phone because he was locked out of his house. For the first time in months I just finally saw one of the neighbor kids mother. I see him and his brothers alone all of the time.

Parents need to make time for their children no matter how old they are. They need some sort of guidance and monitoring.

I hope I didn't offend anyone or upset anyone. If I did I apologize.

Kelly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to apologize Kelly, you have a valid point. Times have changed since I went to school .. people do dress differently, and it really is up to the parent.

I've often thought that if those parents, who get so up in arms, and want to place a parental advisory sticker on everything, were really just to take that time and use issues that they don't agree with as a chance to have a dialogue with their kid, the world would be a better place.

My mom let me make my own choices growing up, even if she did not agree with them. But she talked to me about it .. she'd ask me why I wanted to do such and such and she'd tell me why she thought it was wrong.

I wish more parents would do that ..

I see kids running around unsupervised all the time down town, at all hours of the night -- when they ought to be at home, having dinner with their folks, and doing their homework. I really feel bad for these kids, and wish that I could do more to help them. I think some of them really do just want some attention from their parents. Which is why their acting out.

People who believe that simply censoring certian things, will protect their kids are treating the symptoms of the problem, not the cause.

Going by what I read on the front page... I don't think there's going to be any changes at all.

As usual... We're not getting feeds during live shows, during strategic comps and they will "black us out" when there's a situation like the Eric/Michael or Ivette/Kaysar. (We got the beginning and the end but, not the middle.)

It seems that what is creating the stir is that real player probably updated their agreement after all the complaints last year of not getting the feeds when it was "getting good"... lol

So, we're just back to it's their descretion of when to cut them... it's just now they've told us that up front, imo.

As far as kids. I tend to be strict. I monitor their internet and how they dress.

Thankfully our school district has gone to standardized dress code in middle school and high school this year.

we also have an extremely strick dress code locally.... and it is the parent's responsibility to monitor their kids on the internet... so ... what's the problem... cut nothing.... they have posted the warnings... so ... let the camera's roll

That sounds no different than any other live feed year. They always cut the feeds during live shows, competitions, & during some other things (like fistfights or almost fistfights :lol: )

Why should we all write CBS & try to make such a big deal out of something when there is nothing to make a big deal over as feeds haven't even started yet ;)

Exactly. NOthing should be cut. Its our responsibility to teach our children - not the publics, tv, radio, etc.

Hopefully nothing will be cut and bb life will be good. Told DH to get ready to get me the feeds for the season. This is my only addiction. Since his is about $30 a month - he can live with $40 every summer. :)

Because I want what I am paying for. I got my feeds early so I'm only paying the 29.99 which honestly is quite a bit of money, but those people who are paying 39.99 well thats outrageous. If the price is going to keep increasing then my feeds should be getting better not worse. But I agreed to their terms so technically it's my own fault for purchasing. After researching I think the feeds are going to be akright and more tha likely that is said to cover their own butts. Either way we'll see what happens and I'll still watch the live feeds.

Kelly

On Morty's front page he has ads for ""See Beau Naked"" and ""See Howie's Hiney!!"" There used to be one on there saying"" See Scott's Naked Playboy Pics!"" But I think Morty removed that. Live feeds caught Cowboy running through the house wearing his cowboy hat on his pee pee...But his ass was there for all to see. LOL... :blink:

My point is ALL of those pics were captured in the live feeds! Except for Scott's...LOL... If the producers didn't want to catch the nudity...then why do they have cameras in the bathroom?? They had a commode-cam every year for cripes sake! :o ... AND in all the bedrooms?? There have been more boob shots than I can count from the live feeds. Their all over the Internet.

I think the nudity will still be allowed this year too. The only thing they might censor is a fight and the HOH competitions outcomes. :)

Hello all BB Fans,

Just a quick tidbit on the parent issue. I am A) a parent who tries to keep an eye on my kids exposure, B) NOT a prude, C) DON'T try the whole "My kid did something wrong because of TV" BS. Due to those three things I am VERY OPPOSED to editing. And as an American and a Parent I "AM" against censorship of any kind. It is my "right and responsibility" to guide my children. If I wanted someone else to do it I wouldn't have had them to begin with.

Now on to BB. I am looking forward to the All-Star season and am VERY happy there will be NO HOLLY>

Looking forward to talking with you all.

See you around,

Crystal

P.S. My Daughter (8) hopes Howie gets in because she cracks up everytime he says "Boobies"

Good for you! I have a neighbor and she is a good person. I love her daughter to death. She's about 8 too, but her mom shields her from just about everything. We went on a fieldtrip this year to Splash Lagoon and if I wouldn't of been chaperoning she wouldn't have got to go. Her moms theory is "I want my kid to stay alive" I've tried talking to her and telling her if she doesn't experience things with your permission when she's older she's going to be doing it behind your back. And she could be in for a lot more problems than if she had let her experience things as a child. But everyone parents in a different way and I don't necessarily think there is a wrong way unless the child is being abused or just not being cared for at all. We try and thats all we can do.

Kelly :)

They cut the feeds whenever someone sings, whistles or hums a song. I think they also cut it whenever someone names & talks about someone not in the house. It seemed to happen a lot last year. There were also a couple whole weekends when the feeds were cut to keep competition results from becoming known before the show aired and technical problems.

I've never understood why CBS cuts the feeds when someone sings or hums a song. A contestant singing or humming is not going to make me want to record them and make a cd out of it. But I guess the music industry has everyone scared of them.

I guess because some artists may not want there songs to be represented on BB? I know it's good advertisement but maybe some people don't like BB and don't want anything to do with it. It's sounds kinda silly and stuck-up but some people are like that, hehe.

And as mentioned earlier, the fireplace is going to be extremely boring. They could've used some other form of entertainment besides fire. Only person that it would interest is a pyromaniac. :P

ADDING to the boringness of the fireplace

from the video i have seen

and some other clips viewers have taken

it seems that we are actually going to be seeing a computer generated fire

not even a fireplace in the house

you can buy the flames yourself for $599.00

or just pay 39.99 and watch em for 3 months via bb

i want FRONT OF THE HOUSE back

always waiting for someone to come shrieking out!!!! :D

Archived