bbas_cast_tyler_cripsen_800x1000.jpg

Tyler Crispen
Hometown: Rossford, Ohio
Current city: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Previous season: Big Brother 20 (runner-up).

Tyler won America's Favorite Houesguest and is currently living with his girlfriend, Angela Rummans, who he met in the house.

Three adjectives that describe you: Resilient, laid back, and positive.

Favorite Activities: Traveling, beachin' it, exercise, and hanging out with my girlfriend, Angela.

Why do you want to play Big Brother again?
To help Angela open her plant-based restaurant.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
Being away from Angela. We haven't spent more than five days apart since we met. Also, getting anyone to believe a word that comes out of my mouth.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most and why?
Angela Rummans because she was an ice queen on the outside but had a heart of gold on the
inside.

What is your strategy for winning the game?
That is a great question.

How does this strategy differ from the last time you played?
I can't make everyone think I'm just a dumb surfer dude this time around. First off, I don't surf but also because everyone most likely knows I did pretty well on Season 20.

Have you changed/evolved since the last time you were on the show?
I feel much more humbled now. Big Brother 20 changed my life 100 percent for the better in many ways and I couldn't be more grateful. I just need to try not to screw it up this time!

My life's motto is…
"Happiness over everything." 

What would you take into the house and why?

• Angela to keep me sane.
  • Angela's vegan cooking to keep me from starving.
  • Angela's plant-based cookbook since I haven't seen it completed yet.

Fun facts about yourself:

• I am a retired beach lifeguard.
  • Angela and I own and operate a jewelry company called Naut & Chain.
  • I'm still sweet at bowling.
  • I like animals more than people. I went vegan with Angela at the start of 2020 and haven't looked back.
  • I made a bet with my friend that I wouldn't cut my hair for five years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, CrazyBBFan said:

Tyler has an alliance with everyone except Janelle, Kevin and Kaysar.  Ian is being protected by people close to Tyler.  By having so many alliances, it’s a good chance that he will be exposed this week.

With whoever stays this week, Kay or Jay, being the likely target next week, Tyler probably has a little more time to pick his real alliance. He made a decent move with his HOH with his noms. No one can hold it against him except the survivor. IMO 

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving Tyler.  I am rooting for him to go very far in this game.  I HAVE NO CLUE WHY HE WOULD put hisself up on the block!!! Bru, don't risk your game play.  Scary!!!  However, I do admire why he did it and it speaks volume towards his character. 

4 hours ago, Bibbs said:

I am loving Tyler.  I am rooting for him to go very far in this game.  I HAVE NO CLUE WHY HE WOULD put hisself up on the block!!! Bru, don't risk your game play.  Scary!!!  However, I do admire why he did it and it speaks volume towards his character. 

I don't believe he intends to go home. He will pretend that is what he wants and then production will step in and talk to him and they will convince him to reluctantly stay. He has been worried about how he looks to the outside world. This is how he hopes to fix any negative stuff that might be out there.

Tyler did that simply as a ploy. After what happened on his previous season with Bayleigh he knows that he came out of that looking really bad. This time around he doesn’t want to be perceived as a racist. He’s got to know how bad it looks to have two black women on the block together, who haven’t won anything and clearly aren’t threats in the game. By trying to “save” one of them he knows it will get him points and a good edit. I don’t think he ever had any intention of leaving the game, he just manipulated the situation to his benefit.

2 hours ago, straykat said:

I don't believe he intends to go home. He will pretend that is what he wants and then production will step in and talk to him and they will convince him to reluctantly stay. He has been worried about how he looks to the outside world. This is how he hopes to fix any negative stuff that might be out there.

Ahh!  That makes sense. You are probably right.

Thanks for sharing the backstory.  I stopped watching this show for a while as I was so disappointed in the game play. 

Of the two people on the block, Ian and Tyler, I'd have to vote to evict Tyler if I was in the game. It's not that I wish he'd cut his hair or that he seems to have an obsession with Angela. He seems like a pretty nice guy, but I think he's more of a threat.

No matter who goes home this week, its a win for the other side (Day, David and Kevin) because they’re getting out a number this week, but they should be trying to get out Tyler because he’s a bigger threat than Ian. At the very least they should try and make it a 4/4 vote, which would force Dani to show her cards and split the tie. However, that would force someone from the other side to vote with them. They would have to get someone like Enzo (which I doubt they could get), to vote with them. Nicole has already said she’s going to vote with the committee to get out Ian and blame that vote on Tyler.

Since they don’t have the votes to keep Ian, they should vote him out, make the vote 8-0 and make Nicole look stupid.

2 hours ago, WOC said:

Tyler is pretty good. He totally sold Memphis on keeping David and planted seeds about Nic and Dani. I hope he wins HOH next. I doubt he'd put up Kevin and David, unless he was going for the backdoor. 

I wouldn’t be upset with a Tyler win. I’d love to see Kevin or David win HOH, just to shake things up. They would definitely put up two of the committee.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that Cody won Veto. He'll probably keep noms the same. I also read that Xmas has been throwing Ty under the bus. Ty should go make a deal with Cody. Tell him that he had a final two with Xmas, but he's ready to cut ties and if Cody works to keep him he'd switch alliances and make Cody his final two. Even if Cody already has one. Keep it on the down low. Cody may actually fall for it and Ty live to play on. Even if Cody already wants Xmas out he'll think he's a master manipulator and it would perhaps take the light off of Ty even if he doesn't win next HOH.

You notice that very few players talk game strategy in their diary sessions. Or is it just me?