General Discussion

Guest Anonymous

When you put it like that, Spooky, yes, why not Craig? I guess because of the way Craig spoke to Kendra and the way he treats her are the main reasons why I dismissed him so easily and quickly. Though he wasn't all that great with Audrey either, but I forgive him for that as she was a pain

When Craig was PM for the Home Depot task, I actually was rooting for him. He was focused, ok-did not communicate his vision very well with his team- but did talk with them about giving his idea a chance. Plus none of the others had any of their own ideas as to what to DIY, all they did was whine. Hmmm. I dunno! He lacks communication skills for sure, and is not necessarily a great team player. Can he be an effective manager? He too easily dismisses ideas and opinions that don't mesh with his own.

I still hope Kendra gets the hiring. Still think she has the most potential.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Oh crap, I just wrote a reply and it disappeared!

Anyway, I wouldn't want to work for any of the three remaining candidates. Kendra-too green, micro manager, Craig-still don't think he is a good leader, however I liked your sports team leader analogy, Spooky, and Tana-well, I fear she would make me use the bedazzler for all presentations :wink:

Seriously, I am not enthused with any of these candidates. But I do look forward to seeing how they present themselves during the individual interviews.

Oh, the reason why I said Craig lacks communication skills is because he doesn't seem to be able to get his ideas across very well (ie Home Depot project, he couldn't explain his vision across to the team) nor does he express himself in the best possible way (he speaks very condenscendingly to Kendra....'young lady').

I don't think she's the worst. I think it will be pretty interesting to watch. Speaking of "My 15 minutes of fame is over but I don't care"....what ever happened to the Burger King commercial...I only seen it once on TV and that was it. Does anyone know?

Guest susan

It's nice to see you being so diplomatic Spooky, but Craig is not my idea of a Person who could be an executive in one on Trumps organizations. He has really poor comunication skills and when he does manage to get a word in somewhere it's a critical or condescending word, and I'm sorry but walking around the suite with a pick hangin out your head is not classy in any way shape or form, it isn't even "Ghetto Fabulous" If you are in your own home with no cameras lurking about I suppose you could walk around with a pick in your fro, but not in this case, I certainly would've thought about that one, and it is very telling that Craig wouldn't think that something so small could be seen in such an unclassy manner by 50 million viewers across america, seriously!!!

Also Kendra is very self-important and one-sided. She does and has had some good ideas, but she ain't all that and she truly thinks that she is. She never smiles and is cold and impersonal. I think Tanna has the most potential. She seems to be real and geniune. She does know how to talk, enough so that she talked Trump out of firing her, I think with a little encouragement she will come along well, I predict that she will do well in the one on one interviews, and that the folks doing the interviewing will see thru miss Kendra and that Craig won't come accross very well, he won't be able to comunicate who he is thru his poor verbal skills, Kendra will talk big and they will see thru her and Tanna I believe is the most honest and will come accross the best out of these 3, and if I'm worng I will come back here and eat a big "Humble Pie" lol. 8)

Seriously though, our assessments of the candidates asside, dont anyone else think there will be at least some pressure on trump to come out on the side of book learning? I have raised this a couple of times but no one has really responded to this idea. Trump has three kids who he has pushed academically. His daughter Ivanka just recently stopped what had been a lucrative modeling career to focus on her education. Trump has a degree from Wharton and has given many a lecture/ position statement on the importance of education/improving our nations schools etc.

I just keep coming back to the idea that unless Kendra really really blows it, or tana and/or Craig really really shine, he is going to favor Kendra. And he will use that as an opportunity to comment on the street v. book theme of this year. Can you imagine how many high school grads who didnt want to go to college wouldnt say something to their parents about how trump picked a street smart person, education is over-rated etc etc. ???

Guest Anonymous

Lauren, I kept meaning to address the book smart/street smart angle.

Besides for the reasons I've already mentioned why I think Kendra has the best chance to win, I also believe Trump would lean towards choosing someone from the book smarts team ( he was rather relunctant to part with Alex, was that part of the reason besides the fact Alex 'fit' the profile that Trump seems to like). He has stressed the importance of education in the previous apprentice seasons.

I would hope that if he does end up choosing either Craig or Tana (boy, Kendra's interviews would have to really blow), people wouldn't use this show as an example that you don't have to have an education to succeed. Rather lame excuse to use to, I think. However, there were Magna team members on the Net Worth team and that didn't help their non-winning streak.

I think education plays a part in this, yes, but let's just hope he chooses the best person for the job. I really wish there were other candidates I could support more happily...but I've made my decision and Kendra it is.

Ok, I'll shut up now. :|

Since this season began, I've felt that a street smart person would win.

I agree that an education is important, thats the reason we always enforced to our children that although sports was good, it was the scholastic achievements that would see them safely thru college and thats proving true today. Being well educated myself, I have good reason to feel that way. However, much of my formal education went hand in hand with practical hands on education, street smarts if you will. You can look at the two groups in my profession, those who were strictly book smarts and those who had a good portion of hands on as well, and see that the hands on folks run circles around the book smarts alone. The strictly book smart seem to have no common sense at all, no people skills and a blown up sense of who they are......they are Kendras. If Trump chooses Kendra just to back up his own stand on education, he has missed the boat. He is also throwing water in the face of every person who has made a success of themselves thru hard work and perseverence. How many of you who post here work in an environment where your superior is a book smart person who has no practical experience? How many of you have said........he/she may have a degree but they don't have a clue about what really goes on here? Thats Kendra. A good leader, a successful leader, is one who can use all the resources available to them, including someone who may have more education. Choosing the best resources available to you and managing them well, knowing when and what to delegate, making a decision and not second guessing yourself......I think thats Tana. She showed that best during the Wearable Tech episode. In the end, she assessed the damage done when things got messed up, kept a positive attitude even though she was upset by the outcome and went forward with her goals and kept everyone else on track and in positive spirits.

It will be interesting to see her living with people in a non-competitive atmosphere. She was so nasty to Nikki McKibbin on fear factor and again it was the "i'm psyching her out" "its strategy" bs that she uses to excuse her bad behavior. I wish she had been on this season with Da brat. Da brat would have made mince meat out of her (and she wouldnt be able to use the "people have a problem with me because I am a strong black woman" crap either)

logo.gif

insider.gif

Who Trump Should Hire on Apprentice

by Angel Cohn

After 14 weeks of The Apprentice's boardroom dramatics, Trump, Carolyn and George have whittled down the 18 original candidates to the final three. Initially, they split the teams up by "street smarts" and "book smarts" in an attempt to test the importance of higher education. Two street-smart players

Guest XandraSkye

From the 'Hot List' at TVGuide.com:

The Apprentice

9 pm/ET, NBC

Craig and Kendra

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the article, Mango. Can't imagine Alex with long hair...

I like this from Alex:

"TVG: Did you know what a Bedazzler was?

Alex: When she first told me about a Bedazzler, I thought it was a headband that strippers wore. "

LOL!

Every time I hear of The Apprentice, I'll be thinking of the bedazzler!

LOL You're welcome! :D

Alex looks too clean cut and proper to have had long hair.....

Everytime I hear "bedazzler" I think of Tana. Did you know what a bedazzler was?? I sure didn't..... :?

I hope Craig gets fired next!!

Guest Anonymous

I had NO idea what a bedazzler was...and since Tana never found one, still have no idea what it looks like (but it's ok, don't need to know).

Yes, Craig is next to be gone. All the odds are in Kendra's favor. Looking forward to tonight's interviews. :)

Yep, worst final 3 Apprentices ever! I don't think any of them are Apprentice material and I don't think they'd be able to cut it in DT's world. Kendra is creative and a hard worker but she's young, inexperienced and a poor leader. Tana thinks she's funny and friendly but I think she's fake. Craig is a lazy, chauvanistic pig! How did ther ever make it to the final 3?? :?

Tv Guide listing for tonight says that the final two begin their parrallel tasks with the help of three previously fired contestants not all of whom are welcomed back with open arms.

Welcomed back with open arms -- leads me to believe that Craig gets the boot and then Tana gets stuck with him as her helper. I could see him being a sabatour like Omatrocious!!

Guest ranster627
I actually felt bad for Chris tonight.  It was time for him to go, yes, but the kid does have heart -- and a passion that supercedes all the rest.  He wanted this more than the rest of them put together.  His reaction to being fired just floored me.  Frustration just eeked out of him tonight.
I usually agree with you Spooky, but my interpretation of Chris was that he was too immature to be in the role at all ... crying in that environment, whatever the reason is unprofessional ...

Oh no no no no -- I do not mean that I think that he had any chance in hell of getting the job! You're very right that he is far too immature and just not ready for anything like this. BUT -- if he can grow up a bit, rein in his emotions and still maintain that powerful passion -- he'll go far -- much like Donald said. By no means do I even have an inkling of any doubt that he SHOULD have been let go weeks ago!!

And.... the tears were a real tell on how young he is! (I mean young in terms of not quite having reached adulthood :wink: )

I have a feeling Trump will take chris under his wing at some point and try to get him some help.  One thing I do like about trump is I think on some level is a bit of a softy when it comes to young people that just need a strong mentor.  Just like he hired Adam I could see him bringing in Chris -- although I thought the one person he would have done that for is Troy from season one.

I worked for someone famous once and the mentality was interesting, the more "normal"/blue collar you were the less sympathy she had -- crappy tips for cab drivers, waitresses etc. but if you had no job at all or had any emotional/mental shortcoming that was easily identifiable she would give you the shirt off her back.  I think trump is like that.  But JMHO

Just like he hired Adam I could see him bringing in Chris -- although I thought the one person he would have done that for is Troy from season one.

I worked for someone famous once and the mentality was interesting

That might of been true before Chris was arrested last weekend, but not now.

I know what you mean. I worked for someone famous too. I worked for her for 6 months and had no respect for her and quit. It's the only job in my entire life I have quit without having another job.

I don't think that Tana really flew under the radar, maybe thats because she got so much air time. Tana is no less worthy than that blonde attorney who was in the final two last season (I forget their names as soon as the last show airs).

Do you get the feeling that DT might just pick both of them???

After hearing them talk in the boardroom and giving Tana more Kudos than I thought she deserved, I suddenly got the impression that they could change the rules and take both.

Just a thought after a very long day!

Guest ranster627

Now that would be a kicker!

But I think la Donald is too stuck on rules for that :wink: