General Discussion

I would be the one to buy it, bring it home, then decide if I wanted it. I think it just depends on HOW MUCH desk space it actually takes. If it takes all my workspace (since the desk already has the computer, two printers, phone, camera docks, etc.) then it definitely would be taken back. I also would not take it in silver. Give me black!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I was concerned... she was a "has been" the day she left the show... LOL

I'm not at all surprised to see her doing this show. And I dont normally watch the surreal life (maybe catch an eppy here and there) but, I will refuse to let my surfing stop if she's on. imo, the worst (despicable) reality show personality to ever hit our airwaves.

Guest ranster627

For more on this subject, check out the thread in Other Reality Shows ...

I said my piece in there! :wink:

Guest ranster627
I knew that thread was there but, forgot to go back and look at it.  I look forward to reading your comments ranster.  :D

I actually wanted to post the link to it, but am not so techno-savvy ... sorry CeCi ... no disrespect intended! :oops:

Its funny you say that -- I thought their reward would have been a car.

I think Kendra has a real shot of winning now -- I think just about everybody shot themselves in the foot last night.  Out of the five left, three of them went to sleep and Kendra now has immunity.  Trump has got to be aware of it the sleeping thing.

Depending on which team loses, I figure the next to go is either Craig or Alex.

I don't think Kendra is tough enough. She really hasn't put Craig in his place for talking to her like he does (cause if that where me, trust me, he would have stopped before he started, or I would have been fired) and when she speaks and people interrupt her, she just looks at them with that dumb face, instead of saying something like "excuse me, I was speaking" or whatever it would have taken for her to get her thought across. For me, she has no back-bone. Craig shouldn't win either. He is just rude and a bully.

I agree Kendra needs to toughen up but compared to the others I think she is the best. I agree Craig is a jerk. That leaves Alex, who I think is more flash than substance, and Tana, who I originally was a big fan of, but when she abused the excemption, that told me all I needed to know about her character.

That leaves me with Kendra, who showed fortitude in finishing the project and savy in knowing when to step up and when to fly low.

Go KENDRA!!

Guest Anonymous

Well, I was a bit worried about Kendra tonight. Her dysfunctional relationship with Craig distracts her somewhat. Even Caroline mentioned the fact that might make them lose the challenge. And then George brought up the price point vs volume sales....but Kendra's marketing savvy saved the day and they smoked the competition!

And FINALLY Alex is gone.

Suds I am rooting for Kendra but I would agree that her communications skills need work. That said, I think Craig's communications are just as bad, if not worse. He is horrifically condescending in almost everything he says to Kendra, which is what prompts that stupid expression. I would also argue that while some people can sum up a situation very quickly and make sound decisions based on that assessment, Craig isn't one of those people. That would be fine, except he thinks he is one and wants to make integral decisions like pricing without any thoughtful process.

I was all about Tana in the beginning but I soured on her with her abuse of the excemption during the Pontiac task and seeing her go on and on about the beads tonight was embarrassing. I just dont see her in the Trump organization and I think that image is going to stick in his mind as the contest goes forward.

What sets Kendra apart is the fact that time and time again, she shows that she thinks outside of the box (ie. calling the artist's fans) . I think you can learn communication skills, but you can't teach creativity like that.

All that aside, no matter how this shakes out I truly believe since the season is all about book smarts vs. street smarts, barring any huge mistakes by Kendra, either Tana or Craig will be eliminated to set up a book v. street finale. In the end, Trump will want to show that will moxy is great, scholastic pursuits are important and he will want to go with Kendra. For that reason as well as her two huge wins as PM, she has to be considered the front runner at this point. But who knows, trump always surprises :wink:

Guest ranster627

Just a thought, but maybe Trump is feeling pressured into all of this with the hits he has been taking regarding disabled contestants, and people's perceptions of him.

Whatever happens, his organization can only be richer with diversity! :wink:

I dont know what to think of him. He certainly gave Ivana a lot of authority/responsibility in the business when they were married, but then came Marla and now the new one and they were/are the typical trophy wife. He has Carolyn on the show, which is some points, but then he never listens to her.

Its hard to get a sense of him because so much of it is just hype. I am sure though that it was hard for him to see his beloved Alex leave tonight. :shock:

Guest ranster627

I see where you are coming from Lauren ... and I can't disagree.

I have always wondered something. It always seemed to me that Carolyn seemed so subserviant to Donald, spoke when spoken to and so on. I would like to know what she is like with him off camera.

For all that matters, I would like to know if the Donald has anyone who just tells him how it is, without fear. I suspect he isn't as hard-edged out of the spotlight, but that may be my wishful thinking.

I also thought the same when Alex left ... he would have been the Apprentice in seasons past. I just never gelled with the guy, could never quite figure him out, and I do not for one minute believe he had that "fire" he went on about.

And all of that rant was JMHO. :wink:

Ranster I always enjoy your insights. I am sure Trump has someone that tells him when the emperor has no clothing, but the person is probably someone like George -- older, male, been with him a long time, knows where all the skeletons are buried, and is at the point in his life where he doesnt need the job and could care less if Trump said shove it.

I think you may be right, that trump is softer in real life. He always seems to give Carolyn a lot of credit/props and she doesnt strike me as someone who would stay if he treated her like...umm...oh say like Craig treats Kendra LOL. The only thing that pushes me the other direction is from what it sounds like she is in charge of softer business elements -- events, promotions, etc. which while important are often places corporate men stick women so that they can say they have women in important places. Sad but there still is a lot of that kind of crap in the workplace.

Guess will never know -- unless Kendra gets the job and writes a tell all :shock:

Guest Tigress61

Speaking of Carolyn, did anyone notice how bad her hair was in the boardroom? It looked like it hadn't been washed in a week or she and the Donald were busy with................something. :wink:

I am so happy Tana was not fired. She will be the winner of this edition, hands down. She has the confidence to face the tasks, and also in the losses too. You don't see a whole lot of confidence in either Kendra or Craig. Kendra may be quick-witted on the tasks, but she comes across as a scared kitten, at least that is what I call the 'stupid' look on her face.

Craig doesn't like anyone elses opinion other than his. And he also doesn't exude much confidence in what his tasks are. He has a 'stupid' look too.

3_7_8v.gif

Guest XandraSkye
What sets Kendra apart is the fact that time and time again, she shows that she thinks outside of the box (ie. calling the artist's fans) .  I think you can learn communication skills, but you can't teach creativity like that. 

EXACTLY! That is an excellent point Lauren. And creativity is also something that has nothing to do w/Book Smarts or Street Smarts either. I wanted Tana to win at first too because I thought she was very smart and definitely a good business woman but last night we definitely saw that maybe some of her awesomeness came from working with Kendra.

At this point I definitely want Kendra to win. I'm just sort of sad she is a Book Smart person because now all the college grads out there are gonna be so full of themselves and argue how you do need an college degree to suceed in the business world and I just don't agree with that.

GO KENDRA!

Guest ranster627

I have no animosity towards Kendra, but there is just something I can't put my finger on that makes me uncomfortable with her. I just don't think I could work for / with her ... or Craig.

I don't think either really would be able to direct a team, JMHO. I think a leader needs to be able to communicate with their team, and not just drive the boat ... hmmmmm, maybe that's it, something about communication skills?

I guess the point I was also trying to make about the communication issues is that yes, if I was the donald, besides doing something about my hair, I would hire someone with better communication skills to be my apprentice assuming I could hire anyone. Unfortunately, given the quality of the crew of 16 he started with and the strengths and weak of the three candidates left, I would have to go with Kendra.

Kendra is far from the ideal, but IMHO head and shoulders about the other two. Craig in my view has nothing to offer, and aside from the whole exemption thing I mentioned before, what I found remarkable about Tana last night was that she left the boardroom muttering they hated my beads, but when she came back in the boardroom she KEPT TALKING ABOUT IT. For me its like when women ask guys if the pants they are wearing makes their butt look big. If they do, why the heck are you drawing attention to it and if they dont then what are you worrying about?? LOL

If she hadnt pulled the I have a better record stuff out at the last minute, she was a goner for sure.

Guest Anonymous

Lauren, I totally agree with you. Though that hair is so 'signature Trump' it would be very odd to see him with anything else.

None of the contestants were all that impressive to begin with, were they?

I'm going with Kendra because I think she is the most resourceful, forward-thinking, hard-working, creative person left. That said, she has a lot to learn about managing people.

Remember when Donald told Bren that he doesn't mind teaching his people, but doesn't want to have to start off with them in kindergarten (or something like that). Kendra is somewhere around senior high right now. I believe she can quickly learn the management skills and become a more effective communicator. She certainly is eager.

Initially I was rooting for Tana, she had shown the best leadership skills, she was great as PM on the tech-wear project. Kept her cool and was totally focused. But her "I'm exempt so no need for me too work hard" attitude on the auto brochure and then her bedazzled focus on those stupid beads turned me right off. Alex's track record probably saved her from being fired last night.

Craig...I have very little that is good to say about him so I won't.

So out of the three, the one with the most potential and who I hope wins is Kendra.

Guest XandraSkye
None of the contestants were all that impressive to begin with, were they?

Craig...I have very little that is good to say about him so I won't. 

So out of the three, the one with the most potential and who I hope wins is Kendra.

I sure wasn't impressed with most of them. I think whoever was in charge of casting this season should get a "You're Fired".

Craig is just strange in my book. He obviously can get things done but there is something off about him.

And I would definitely agree with your last statement Ginger.

Question:

Does anyone know if there is a training process for new Trump hires?

Dont quote me on this but I think its keep your mouth shut and do nothing unless you are in front of the cameras and when you are in front of the cameras smile and say "working for Donald Trump has been an amazing experience. Learning from the Master has taught me so much. I have been incredibly fortunate.' :wink:

Seriously, I doubt these people are making any heavy duty decisions and certainly nothing that isnt reviewed by the higher ups.

From today's tv guide. thought this was funny

TVGUIDE.com

I think that The Donald may end up hiring a woman this year, because Alex was sent home on a memory malfunction, and it can't be Craig. No way! The only reason he's gotten this far is because he's been lucky enough to be on winning teams and never got picked to go on the losing Net Worth team because no one wanted him. A perfect example of how useless he seemed was during the T-shirt task tonight. FYI: Hanes kindly sent me both T's to see for myself, and I just knew that the Magna design was going to be the winner. The heart was just a cuter look and more fun; Kendra was right to ignore Craig's idea about going with the stars. Besides, should anyone take fashion advice from a man who was wandering around the suite with a pick in his hair? That look went out in the '80s, along with parachute pants. Glad Kendra stuck to her guns so that when they got to continue their cat and dog-fighting in the unfriendly skies, she was able to outmaneuver him there, too.

Guest Anonymous

:rofl , so true about the pick in Craig's hair!

I would think there would be some sort of training for the Apprentice once they start working for Trump, and I bet Lauren is right about what kind of training that is!

What exactly do these 'winning' hires do for Trump? Wasn't Bill in charge of opening up something or other for Trump in Chicago?? I didn't fully watch the first two seasons of Apprentice and didn't start watching this one until the 3rd episode. What is Kelly (isn't that who won season 2) doing? Never hear about him at all. So they get a 6 figure salary for a year. What is the actual amount, anyone know?

Is the final next week? I so lose track of these things. Sorry for all the questions.