General Discussion

I posted this under the Kendra post but I will say it here tonight. For me I am no longer rooting for Tana. What she did in tonights episode was over the top for me. I hope its kendra and tana in the final and trump says Tana you shouldnt have gone to sleep!!

Seriously, I think thats one of the biggest coups ever for an apprentice wannabe -- to have their product used to market a brand new car. WOW.

GO KENDRA!! :!: :!:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

His crying really bothers me from a professional standpoint. Wonder what he is like when he gets an "employee evaluation"?

I was really dissapointed with Tana last night, I was rooting for her, she really was doing so well, but after what she did last night she lost my vote. To say well I am safe so I am going to bed and then leaving one person to do all the work is just not right. Kendra deserves all the credit. I was really hoping it would be mentioned, I dont think what Tana and Craig did should go unnoticed, hopefully Trump at least gets to see it on tape!

I wonder if they will get anything from Pontiac for the brochure, since they are going to use it?

Guest ranster627

You raised something I have always wondered, does Trump see the tapes? Or does he rely on reports from his "assistants"?

Guest XandraSkye
I hope he does get to see them all, becasue that was very unprofessional and selfish, Tana and Craig do not deserve to get away with it. By saying my sleep is more important and Im safe anyway just makes me lose  respect for her

I know it made me lose respect for her. I never realized how sneaky she is. I'm now rooting for Kendra all the way. And I honestly can't see Alex, Bren or Craig winning over her. They are all bumbling fools in my book.

Its funny you say that -- I thought their reward would have been a car.

I think Kendra has a real shot of winning now -- I think just about everybody shot themselves in the foot last night. Out of the five left, three of them went to sleep and Kendra now has immunity. Trump has got to be aware of it the sleeping thing.

Depending on which team loses, I figure the next to go is either Craig or Alex.

I posted an interview with Trump (from TV Guide) in a new thread and it answers the question about him watching the tapes.

I also have a possible spoiler for the final 4.

I was watching the commercial for the upcoming Apprentice and it showed 4 people sitting in a row of chairs waiting (I thought it looked like the final 4 job interview time period).

The people in the chairs were - Tana, Kendra, Alex and Craig. I did not see Bren in the shot.

I also was dissapointed in Tana last night. I was rooting for her, but the way she and Craig were smiling away when they won, even though they did very little, was just horrible. I sure hope Trump sees that tape before choosing his winner.

NEW YORK -- April 19, 2005 -- Donald Trump is not a fan of clutter. On this week's episode of NBC's "The Apprentice" candidates invent a new office product for Staples that is designed to make desk organization easy (April 21, 9-10pm ET/PT). Each team works with top-notch designers and manufacturers and they'll present their final product to Staples executives along with a focus group of office managers. The key to victory, Trump says, is "to blend innovation with practicality."

Alex and Bren thrive without Chris and their friendship deepens providing some touching moments. Kendra and Craig continue to butt-heads but their creativity, along with Tana's leadership produces an impressive product. Both teams feel they are guaranteed a win, which leads to some serious gut checking during the task resolution.

The winning team gets to spend some influential time with George Ross and Carolyn Kepcher during a power breakfast atop The Rainbow Room.

Remaining Candidates:

"NET WORTH": Alex and Bren

"MAGNA": Kendra, Tana, and Craig

Week 13 Exemption: Kendra

This week's task mirrors Staples Invention Quest, a nationwide search for office product ideas that launches today with a chance to win $25,000 plus royalties.

"We are always searching for innovative office product ideas to add to our growing collection of Staples brand products," said Shira Goodman, executive vice president of marketing for Staples. "We're thrilled to launch our Invention Quest search this week so Apprentice fans have a chance to participate in a similar task at home."

Does Staples like the winning Apprentice team's product design enough to manufacture it as a Staples brand product? Tune in to find out.

Both products were crap if you ask me. Kendra was completely right, folders are vertical and if you cant see the tabs what use is it. i dont keep anything on my desk. thats just me, I like a clean office, but it seems like people who keep things on their desks do so as reminders -- out of site out of mind. And in terms of what they put in the cady, who keeps toner cartridges and ream of paper on their desk? If someone put that big ugly silver thing on my desk I would have had a heart attack. And the cart, oh brother it looked liked a mail cart.

I would have rather seen something for a lift out tray for an internal desk drawer, that way you could be a slob all day but if you had a meeting you could lift the whole tray into the drawer.

Lauren, I couldn't agree more... both products were horrible, imo. I couldn't believe that staples actually produced the apprentice winning project. While I realize it's been over 10 years since I've worked in an office environment... that thing was way too big for an office desk... not to mention my home office. And, the lazy suzy was a novelle idea but, not very practical. imo

(Watch them sell millions... LOL)

Guest Anonymous

Actually? Oh dear I'm going to be in trouble here. I sit at a desk that has its usual drawers -- but to have something right there to organize? I'd buy the desktop sorter -- I thought it was quite useful! The cart -- well that was ridiculous. Where the heck would you keep that thing? My desk includes a computer -- would I have to move the computer every time I wanted to get to the baskets? Ick.

Spooky my dear ya know I gots nothing but love for ya but

OH NO. Not the lazy susan desk catty!! And please tell me not in silver.

I HATE having stuff on the top of my desk. Phone, Pen Cup - thats it. My inbox is in my top drawer (usually left). stuff that comes in after I go home goes on my chair so I dont miss it. And if I can, I always ask for a glass top desk so I can slide stuff like the office phone list underneath the desk top.

I dont think most people are as anal as I am about that kind of organization/clutter, but I would be really, really shocked if this is a huge seller. I think this thing won only because the cart was so so so incredibly bad. And I wasnt surprised the lawyers lost the task, they have secretaries and legal files are kept in a certain order every time. I think they thought it was great because it was mobile.

Now that Pontiac car is another story...if only i had 20 K sitting around doing nothing 8)

You will have to let us know how your desk caddy works out.

Guest Anonymous

lol Lauren -- sorry -- I liked it. (I'll hang my head here and shut up.) But no -- not in silver - that was just too tacky.

Guest XandraSkye

I liked it too. And it looked like Staples improved upon it and made it a little smaller and streamlined. I'd buy one for my desk.

GO KENDRA!

Guest Anonymous
Spooky I am the first to admit when I am wrong.  if the world really wants a big silver lazy susan on their desk who am I to stand in their way!

No worries Lauren -- I just have so little desk space that anything would help. :D

Guest ranster627
Spooky I am the first to admit when I am wrong.  if the world really wants a big silver lazy susan on their desk who am I to stand in their way!

I don't happen to think you are wrong, and maybe I should have chimed in earlier ... I saw a lot of me in what you said!

Just a case of dirrerent strokes for different folks!

For me as a disabled person with limited arm reach, desk organizers of this nature don't work ...

I just COULD NOT resist posting this after reading all of your posts. Remember I am only the messenger :rofl

From Reality Blurred:

One thousand Desk Apprentices were sold in the 15 minutes after Apprentice 3 aired.

Press kits that arrive here at the reality blurred suites and towers often include videos or sometimes little tchotchkes, such as the rubber cigarettes pack that came with information about PAX's Cold Turkey. But what arrived Friday here (and on journalists' desks elsewhere) topped them all: a press kit in a box the size of a cube refrigerator. Inside was the standard folder with releases, focusing on last week's episode of The Apprentice 3, and also a Desk Apprentice.

This is Magna's creation from Thursday's episode, which Staples says represents "the first time a retailer has manufactured a product created by 'The Apprentice' candidates and made it available to consumers immediately after a new episode airs." That's sort of an easy record to break, though, since most things they've created over three seasons have sucked. But the Desk Apprentice does not suck, and I am not just saying this because a free one is sitting right next to me. I should have known that, immediately after I criticized the show's candidates for creating crap, we'd have two weeks of great products: Kendra's kick-ass Pontiac brochure, and now the Desk Apprentice.

Magna's product has also captured the public's attention. The Indianapolis Star notes "that 15 minutes after 'The Apprentice' episode ended, more than 1,000 of the items -- $35 a piece -- were sold through the chain's Web site." The Desk Apprentice is produced in Indiana by Deflect-O Corp, which is the company's actual name. According to a memo the paper obtained, Defelect-O "is now considered the vendor of choice for injection-molded projects and other Staples brand initiatives."

Hey now, I already admitted I incorrectly assessed the popularity of this thing. And as I said, if millions of people want a big silver box (I was going to put in the word monstrosity but I am not sure I can spell monstronsity) on their desk, more power to em. I guess is someone could get rich selling pet rocks, then I guess these can sell too.

Just keep it off my desk. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: