The Masked Singer Season 3-Premiere Episode 1

IndyMom78

The Masked Singer is back and it’s more monstrous than ever. 18 celebrities from all walks of life are going undercover in the biggest singing competition the world has ever seen. Each week, they’ll sing their mighty hearts out and compete to stay anonymous. The weakest performer will be eliminated, and their identity revealed. America, it’s your job to guess which massive stars are behind the masks. Buckle up! We’re kicking off our season 3 now!

Nick welcomes everyone and it’s season 3 and this season is the biggest by far. Nick introduces our judges Robin Thicke, Jenny McCarthy-Wahlberg, Ken Jeong, and Nicole Scherzinger, along with a special guest judge who unmasks himself and reveals himself to be…Jamie Foxx!

Tonight, we are meeting group A, and this roster of 6 has appeared in 9 Superbowls. Kicking off the show, this cat’s out of the bag and roaring to go. We see the White Tiger come out and his strength is extremely rare and weakness catnip. The judges immediately notice he is a huge guy.

White Tiger’s clue package: Ready to meet your next champion? His entire life he’s sought out perfection. So choosing a mask with unlimited power like the White Tiger was a no brainer. I’ve had a giant career full of accomplishments, but when I imagine being on stage singing I’m a big old scaredy cat. But it’s been awhile since I’ve done something that scared me, so I’m here to conquer yet another a challenge. What’s my motivation? My fans. I don’t want to let them down. So now I’m ready to get in that ring and smash the competition. Let’s party!!! During the clue package we seen a sign that said Ultimate Clam Shucking 51 clams. We also see another sign that says Masked Singer Tryouts 5/3. We see a final poster that says “Four score and seven years ago…”.

White Tiger takes the stage and performs Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. We can tell he’s not a singer, but he’s moving around and having fun with choreography. Jenny says this is a way to kick-off a Superbowl show! Nicole says she was so impressed, he came out swinging and dancing. Tiger got moves. Ken says in the clue package it said clams. This is someone from Boston. He thinks it’s John Cena.

Jamie disagrees and he thought it might be Tyler Perry because of the height. But to come out with Ice, Ice Baby, that’s what all his white homies sing and dance to. He says when Ken says New England, he says Gronkie!!! Robin thinks that’s a good guess. Nicole is going off the champion clam shucker. Clams? Aquaman? She thinks it’s Jason Mamoa. Ken says what a great way to kick off season 3.

Time to hand the ball off to the Turtle. Strength is tough exterior. Weaknesses are treadmills.

Turtles clue package: At the starting line of my career, I was surrounded by other hungry newcomers. It felt like everyone around me was fighting tooth and nail for the dream and I watched as too many of those stars burn too brightly too quickly and then fizzled out. I’m a turtle because I’ve always taken it step by step. Slow and steady wins the race, but now I feel like I’m ready to break out of my shell. After years of preparation, I would love to make a big splash. So I don’t want anyone to cross that finish line before me. We see in his clue package him waxing a surfboard and grilling burgers.

Turtle takes the stage and sings Kiss From a Rose by Seal. We can tell that he is some sort of singer. During one of his notes Jamie says boy band! Ken says this was really good and he thinks he’s a front runner for the show. Amazing! Jamie says the falsetto, that’s the real chops. Jenny says she saw the bunny ears and the burgers and she thinks it’s someone her and Donny know.

Ken suggests it is her husband and Jenny says it’s not! She does think maybe a boy bander, someone 98 degrees or Backstreet Boys or New Kids On the Block. Robin noticed in the clue package he said Step by Step, so maybe Joey McIntyre. Nicole says maybe. Nicole says it could be an actor who can sing, like Zac Efron who was in Baywatch.

Next, is the Llama. Strength is his spitting game and weakness is tongue twisters. Llama’s clue package: Mi mi mi mix it up! Good morning nerd herd! You’re listening to the wool, where we’re all cool, no bull! I’m here for one reason only. To have a laugh and what’s funnier than a llama. You may call me a joker, but I’d like to get serious for a minute. The song they’re singing tonight is their favorite track for celebrating love with that special someone. There’s nothing quite like being swept up in its deep profound lyrics. It’s a tune that really gets the llama in the mood for romance. The llama can’t wait to sing it for you tonight. Llama out! During the clue package we see 23.3 The Wool as the radio station. We also see a Blackjack, and Buddha statue. We see an album cover that says The Sounds of Seattle.

Llama takes the stage and performs She Bangs by Ricky Martin. We can tell the Llama is not a singer. Ken says he thought that was a platinum performance. He says he was the Jay-Z of llamas. Jamie says he knows this isn’t necessarily his thing, but he appreciates the confidence. The llama says he wears digs like this in real life.

Jamie thinks he’s a DJ, someone who’s been around music for a long time. Nick suggests Howard Stern. Jenny doesn’t think it’s him. Nicole says she saw the Ace of Spades and maybe it’s David Spade. Robin says his hair reminds him of Joel McHale. Ken says Joel is from Seattle and this is exactly what Joel looks like before hair and make-up.

Miss Monster is next and her strength is eye contact and her weakness is peripheral vision. Miss Monster’s clue package: When you become famous, people want you to look or act a certain way. They forget you started off as just a shy little monster. It didn’t take long for her to be misunderstood, so she’s here to set the record straight. Just like her favorite creature in season 1 did, the monster. He made her feel! He rewrote his story, it was fire! And now this performer in pink wants to follow in his furry footsteps. But darlings, I’m nervous! Will you still love me without knowing my name? During the clue package we see some “furspray” and a locker with the number 10. We see a label in the locker that says monster hits.

Miss Monster takes the stage and performs Something to Talk About by Bonnie Raitt. We can tells she’s a soulful type of singer. The monster makes an appearance during the performance. Nicole says this is the vibe she got from Patti LaBelle. Ken says the performance was energetic and she connected with everyone in the audience. Ken says she said darling in clues, very southern with a twang. There’s something legendary about her. Ken thinks it’s Dolly Parton.

Jenny says Ken might not be crazy. They’ve had huge amazing singers on the show, but she thinks the singer sounds younger, a little soulful. Maybe Mary J Blige. Nicole says as soon as she heard the voice she thought older and diva, so maybe Dionne Warwick. Jamie says he knew she was a queen when she walked out.

The Robot is up next and his strength is security and weakness is emotions. The Robot’s clue package: What makes a perfect masked singer? One part creativity and one part grind. I relate to robot because I always felt the need to put on a tough outer shell. I think that makes me come across as inhuman and it stunted my potential. I’ve had my fair share of fame, but I’m here to tip the scales and show I’m relatable to anyone. I really do have a heart and a lot of love to give. Initialize it, your perfect masked robot. Let’s Rock! During the clue package we see the letters Pt from a “periodic table” that was number 78. We seen a skateboard and a fire truck crash into each other.

Robot takes the stage and performs Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz. Robin thinks he’s throwing his voice. Robot says he’s having the most fun he’s ever had in his career. Nicole doesn’t know if this is what he’s known for, but she loves the tone of his voice.

Jenny saw the skateboard hitting the fire engine and she thought maybe a skate boarder or someone who does stunts. Maybe Johnny Knoxville. Jamie agrees with Jenny, but he thinks someone a little tougher. He thinks it’s Steve O. Nicole is going off the whole tip the scales and weighing in, maybe Floyd Mayweather.

The final performer of the night is the Kangaroo and their strengths are bounces back and weaknesses are comes with baggage. Kangaroo’s clue package: Like most of you watching, she’s a survivor. She recently lost a person who held her family’s heart together, and by my own admission I found myself in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. But I’m here to do what kangaroos do best…bounce back. She has to fight for her family and show them that bullies never win. I’m beyond terrified, I’ve never done anything like this before. But she’s not about to lose the chance to realize a dream she’s always had. To all you survivor’s out there, this one’s for you! During the clue package we see a sign that says Outback. We see a gramophone in a tree.

Kangaroo takes the stage and sings Dancing On My Own by Robyn. Jamie says she sings beautifully. Robin says she pulled everyone into her world and that was a beautiful performance. Jamie says her story has already touched everybody. Kangaroo says one of her greatest fears is being vulnerable, but she’s had no choice but to be.

Jenny doesn’t think she’s from Australia and she’s gone through heartache. She thinks maybe Jordan Sparks. Nicole says that’s a great guess. Nicole says there was a gramophone, so maybe they have a grammy, maybe Kelly Rowland. Jamie says that’s not Kelly’s voice. Robin tosses out that Iggy Azalea is from Australia.

It’s time for the first elimination of the season! The artist with the least amount of votes will be unmasked and go home. That artist is…The Robot.

It’s time for final guesses! Nicole says what an amazing premiere! She’s going off the tip the scales so she’s thinking a boxer. She goes with Floyd Mayweather. Jenny goes off the clue about stunted his potential, she’s going to go with Johnny Knoxville. Jamie agrees but he thinks it’s someone who’s been in the press talking about getting their life back together, Steve O. Robin is going with snowboarder, gamer type, and maybe the fire truck represented his hair color, he’s going with Shaun White. Ken says everyone is wrong. He had a distinctive voice, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. He said in the clue package he has a lot of love to give so maybe Flavor Flav.

Time to unmask the robot! The robot is…Lil Wayne! Robin says this is the most shocked he’s ever been. He chose the robot because of his kids. The Robot clue answers: The video game controller in Robot’s package is a clue to Lil Wayne’s Xbox commercial. The fire truck in Robot’s package is a clue to Lil Wayne’s hit single “Fireman”.