make this a members only forum

uvp

because it is sad that us member who are active cant post cause you got 100 guest hogging up all bandwith and not even posting. the season hasntt even start and the board is running slow. if you can read the forum you should at least register and get active and stop hogging up bandwith and slow up the board. anybody else agree? get rid of the lurkers

That's a good point! But even on a non-eventful day there are always twice as many lurkers watching the board than posting. :)

I couldn't post I kept getting Internal Server Error too...for about 10 minutes..and I just went to post this and it keeps saying ISE so I press back to type this.lol

i hate the error messages but it does feel pretty good seeing so many people on the boards. it just makes you that much more excited about the upcoming season and for some reason it just reminds me of those endurance competition talks in the chat rooms. lol

I couldn't post I kept getting Internal Server Error too...for about 10 minutes..and I just went to post this and it keeps saying ISE so I press back to type this.lol

Yay...I've finally, finally clicked on something that doesn't results in getting the dreaded Internal Server Error page. Yikes...busy Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one obsessed with Big Brother.

Imagine hundreds of people trying to walk through a corridor....I can understand where uvpnolimits is coming from,As a long time poster from Mortys first board....It's aggravating!!

Imagine Morty's and the Mod's thoughts...It's no fun for them!!

Oh I know 'Internal Service Error' is driving me nuts, but ultimately the more people that post the more fun the boards seem to be, eh?

The lo-fi version is pretty good for read-only - kind of a trade off because there's no graphics and stuff but at least it loads up much faster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad guests like coming here, but without us posters they'd have nothing to read in the first place. If they want to continue having things to read, then I suggest they step aside to give us a chance to at least post... read later or better yet, sign up and post yourself. These error messages are CRAZY and totally driving me nuts! I can't go a whole summer like this. I need my fix, and since I have things to say, I want to be able to say them while the moment's hot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad guests like coming here, but without us posters they'd have nothing to read in the first place. If they want to continue having things to read, then I suggest they step aside to give us a chance to at least post... read later or better yet, sign up and post yourself. These error messages are CRAZY and totally driving me nuts! I can't go a whole summer like this. I need my fix, and since I have things to say, I want to be able to say them while the moment's hot.

I think the new members should AT LEAST read the topics we already have, there's already been a couple of topics that have already been here, it's annoying to have 2 of the SAME topics. AHHHH :angry:

Lets not be that mean, I don't care if people lurk, I was a lurker for a while till I registered. I only remember it getting really jammed once or twice last season when it got really heated up over the Friendsheep and the sovs. Mortys is the best site out here, especially for "Big Brother". I don't think any other site compares to this one, while I wish the lurkers would register, I wouldn't want to say they weren't welcome.That's just me tho :P

Morty said to me once. The board has 15 people on at a time in the off season. It gets a flood of people and it needs some time to catch up.

Would also help if people didn't refresh the page 50 times to see new posts and use the Low Fi version to read.

Lets not be that mean, I don't care if people lurk, I was a lurker for a while till I registered. I only remember it getting really jammed once or twice last season when it got really heated up over the Friendsheep and the sovs. Mortys is the best site out here, especially for "Big Brother". I don't think any other site compares to this one, while I wish the lurkers would register, I wouldn't want to say they weren't welcome.That's just me tho :P

you was on the wrong board then last year. btw morty's is best board

These are the statistics for this board!

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 82,906 posts

We have 5,492 registered members

Most users ever online was 879 on Sep 14 2005, 02:44 PM

Can you imagine what it will be like when that many people decide to come here just to read??

Maybe Morty can fix it so that the guests are directed to the lo-fi version automatically! Saving our bandwidth! ALSO::::We were asked to stop quoting everyone elses posts. That saves bandwidth too!

Just some thoughts! :)

I'm not trying to be mean to the people just reading then only thing I'm saying is the newer members need to look at the other topics before posting a new one exactly like it. Our mods do a very good job spotting this stuff and they do the best they can and I'm sure everyone greatly appreciates it!

you was on the wrong board then last year. btw morty's is best board

Well I did try to jump around to some other boards last year, but I really found for my own tastes Mortys Rocks for me, the same people come back here especially for Big Brother and it seems we get to know each other, even tho sometimes people get po'd at some people at their posts, it really boils down to the difference in opinions, boy but the majority of folks hated the "Friendsheep". It was all out war here at times over the split between the Sovs and the Friendsheep,lol, I had a blast last summer on this board. :D

you gonna have a blast again if we can rid the lurkers lol. but seriously i wonder what will divide the board this season. i cant wait

Keep in mind that all those showing up as visitors may not be non-members (a.k.a. lurkers :lol: ). For some reason my firewall will not allow the cookie for me to be remembered each time I come to the website anew. So I usually don't sign in until I get ready to post.

cool but i am refering to those that will never post and just hit the board as soon as something bigs happens

and hang around for hours wasting bandwith and slowing down the board who us who wants to post

Archived