Joan of Arcadia ..

CasperSabe

I'm really surprised by that. It's a well written show with good actors in it. I started watching this show when it first came on and loved it. The problem I had with it was the time slot. I wish it was on any other night besides Friday night. I liked Amber Tamblin (sp?) when she was on GH and really thought she did a great job as Joan. Too bad about the cancellation.

I was watching Amber on The View the other day. She has a movie coming out. She said that the cast where sad about it. I also read an article this morning that said CBS are trying to target a different audience. So I guess if you are not in their age bracket. They forget you?!?!?

We feel your pain, say the folks at CBS.

"It was one of the toughest programming decisions we have had to make in the last couple of years because qualitatively, everyone here loved the show and was proud of the show," said Chris Ender, CBS entertainment spokesman.

But they couldn't ignore its ratings decline, he said. During its first season, "Joan of Arcadia" averaged 10.1 million viewers, respectable numbers for Friday, a quiet night for television. This year, viewership sank to 8 million, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That was lower than "Father of the Pride," "Dr. Vegas" and "Hawaii"

Yep .. that's the article I read .. I am their target audience I guess .. I'm 24 .. but I really liked the show. I liked Amber on GH too (that's when I use to tape the shows while I was at school) .. and really liked that she was pretty without being a total stick figure girl .. the show was well written but the problem I had with it, was that the show constantly got bumped from the line up -- you'd go to turn it on -- and it would be something else .. and you'd see a new episode and then they'd be like in 3 weeks .. watch the next one. It was really disappointing. I don't see why they didn't try putting it in a different time slot/different night before just canceling it all together ..

CBS as a network it seems constantly disappoints me .. they canceled touched by an angel, and doctor quinn medicine woman too at one point ..

I'm 31 and I watched it too. Admittedly, there were some episodes that I skipped because they were boring but it was generally an interesting show. The time slot didn't bother me too much - I'd just tape it if I was going out. And Amber Tamblyn is great as Joan (SerenityNow, she won me over as Emily on GH too!). I was looking forward to the next season to see how the whole good vs evil would be played out.