Krista Stegall

bbfan100

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even so, a knife held up to your throat is a scary thing when a stranger does it, backwards or not! What would cbs have done if he actually did something to her? Don't they take a psychological test before going on the show, if so, they should check their backgrounds out more!

• 2 weeks later...

'Big Brother' may be calling on Louisiana again

Herman Fuselier

Source

Could Krista Stegall, the former Opelousas waitress who found stardom on the CBS show Big Brother 2, be returning to reality TV? If she is, she's not saying.

But 20 former members of the reality show will soon be candidates for Big Brother 7, an all-star edition that begins at 7 p.m. July 6 on CBS. The top 20 candidates from past seasons will be announced in a special broadcast at 7 p.m. Wednesday on CBS.

Host Julie Chen will announce the contestants and viewers will select their picks through an Internet poll that opens at 11 a.m. Wednesday and closes at 10:59 p.m. June 28.

Stegall would not confirm or deny if she has been contacted by CBS to be on the show. But she released a statement Thursday, denying rumors she has been disqualified. "I felt compelled to address the rumors in regards to Big Brother All Stars, as some reality internet sites may have said that I am disqualified. That is simply not true! At this time I cannot reveal if I was approached to be in the All Stars or not. I can say that it will be a great season to watch."

Numerous Web pages about the 2001 show are still online. Some have disparaging remarks about Stegall.

Big Brother contestants are confined to a house filled with cameras and microphones. Their relationships and conflicts are recorded 24 hours a day. Each week, house guests vote a member off the show. The last house guest wins a $500,000 grand prize.

Stegall's appearance stirred controversy when housemate Justin Sebik held a knife to her neck, while kissing Stegall, and said "Would you get mad if I killed you?" Sebik was expelled from the show and was later discovered to have a record of assault arrests. In 2002, Stegall sued CBS for negligence and placing her and the houseguests in danger.

In an interview, Stegall said she was unable to comment on the lawsuit. But she looks back on the show as a positive experience. "It's not too much of a downside anymore," said Stegall. "I've used it to my benefit.

"It benefited a lot, as far as charities go. I've done St. Jude's and personal benefits for (cancer patient) Rick Miller, Toys for Tots, balls and charity events, culinary events. It puts you in the business and political world that you weren't in before. "It changes your outlook on everything and you really become a part of Acadiana."

Aside from charity work, Stegall has stayed busy with K&G Promotions, a business partnership with Gerald Stutes. Stegall said the company will soon open several new clubs and restaurants in the area. She said a disclosure agreement prevents her from being more specific.

Stegall has also kept busy with her 16-year-old daughter, Laken, who recently was selected as a Louisiana Miss Teen USA contestant.

I met Krista in Lafayette, La for Mardi Gras this year. She certainly didn't have nice things to say about Big Brother then. I asked if she would ever do it again and her reply was that she hated it and would never do it again. That's before i knew that this season was going to be an all-stars. I didn't see season 2, but i've heard a lot about Krista, mostly not so nice things. It seems she embarrassed Louisiana. I didn't ask but i don't think she married Boogie. All she seemed to want to talk about was her addictions to sleep medication.

I'm a little late, but those of you that wanted to video here it is..

It starts at 2:52. It's just the version that aired on TV. So the knife to the throat part isn't actually shown there, but it shows her after reaction with the Peanut butter.

Thanks Moksha i missed that season and never really saw what happened. Anyone know whatever happened in the lawsuit?

Archived