Anyone interested / Looking for people

svirfnebli

Ok, so we are all BB fanatics - Thus why we are here.

I got to thinking the other night (Dangerous I know) that no one has ever attempted to digitally record an entire season of bb live feeds. I figured it would be too difficult to do with just one person - Then I thought "Hey, if other BB addicts like me did this too, we could divide up the task and might be able to make this happen". Would anyone be interested in trying to do this?

I figure we would need a few things:

1) A Project Organizer

2) Storage Space

3) Bandwidth

4) Team members to record and upload

I've got storage space via FTP which is available from 7:00pm to 6:00am with 1.5mbps up/down (200k/sec). I could dump a 200 gig hard drive on it and that would work for storage.

I'm not quite sure of the logistics of this project, but here are some issue I thought about it:

A) What to do with the files at the end, and how to share them effectively? Maybe bittorrent archives?

B) What Quality to record the videos in?

C) What Format to use? (xvid mpeg4 would get my vote)

Thoughts / comments? Is this a pipe dream or is anyone interested?

Svirf.

MODS: If for some reason you feel this topic is inappropriate, please feel free to delete it.

Just closing until I confirm with morty that is ok with him... if it's a go... I'll open it back up! :)

Just closing until I confirm with morty that is ok with him... if it's a go... I'll open it back up! :)

Sorry, missed that one. I guess it's OK. Don't see that it's a problem.

Archived