No Big Brother in Oklahoma?

WannaBeBB9

Okay, I am starting to freak out. I have dish network and next Wed. June 21st at 7:00pm central time, Big Brother is not coming on. Is there someone I call? Something I can do? It shows that the show 'Oklahoman' is coming on. I don't know what to do. Does this mean it wont air here or what? HELP

I am not able to tell you how to solve your dish problem but I have a suggestion if you can't figure it out. What is your local broadcasting station for CBS? Like were I am it is channel 7. If you do not have cable you can still view that station by hooking up a set of rabbit ears. I would suggest buying a pair anyway... just in case the dish goes out you can still have some tv.

OMG...I would be in panic mode !!!

I agree with webbles though. Get some rabbit ears or a regular antenna to try and pick up your local CBS station.

Although, we live in a rural area and can only pick up ABC and FOX with a roof top antenna.I fought with Direct TV and the local CBS affiliate for a long time to try and get our it thru satellite via distant network (for HDTV)but I lost.

At least I get it as a local channel though.

Okay, I am starting to freak out. I have dish network and next Wed. June 21st at 7:00pm central time, Big Brother is not coming on. Is there someone I call? Something I can do? It shows that the show 'Oklahoman' is coming on. I don't know what to do. Does this mean it wont air here or what? HELP

I doubt having Dish Network has anything to do with it :)

First let me ask if the CBS channel broadcasting the Oklahoman is your local affiliate or a Dish Network distant network feed. I tend to think it is your local CBS as Dish distant feeds consistently show network programming (& only local CBS would show the Oklahoman since you are from Oklahoma after all :P ). If it is your local CBS try scrolling thru Wed nite til late (maybe 1Am or 2AM) they might be broadcasting it then. If not I suggest you call your local CBS affiliate & complain. If it is a distant feed def call Dish & complain to them. :angry:

If all else fails you might check & see if they are doing a podcast of the show. Good luck.

F.Y.I. I have Dish Network local CBS in Alabama & distant feed CBS from the West Coast. Both are showing Big Brother Wednesday.

I hope it is a mistake and it's on in your area..I would be so upset!

I have CBS through Dish. I have looked for phone numbers to call and ask and I can not find any. Should I just call my local CBS news program and ask them for a phone number to the programming department or what? Ahhh, I dont know what to do.

By the way, I just moved here and I'm going nuts. I MUST HAVE BB THIS SUMMER!

Just because you have CBS through Dish doesn't mean it's a distant network feed. You would still have your local networks furnished through Dish. They furnish local channels for most of the USA. Either way Dish can't control what the local networks show or don't show (even the distant network feeds are just a local channel from a larger market). I really think you need to call your local CBS affiliate because I believe the Dish distant network feeds are out of NY, COL, & CA & I don't believe those markets would not show BB.

If you wanna call Dish their number is 1-888-284-7116 (be prepared to hold for awhile :rolleyes: ) maybe they can help you figure out who to call :D

:) Hi all, Long time lurker first time poster. I had to tell ya'll I live in okla too, I e-mailed our local station and they sent me a reply saying they are not pre-empting any episodes of Big Brother. But I find it hard to believe seeing as how it's listed on yahoo tv listings as coming on at 2:37-3:37 in the morning.

By the way (back to topic at hand), the e-mail I received was from Kim Eubank, the program director at news 9. kim.eubank@news9.net. i got the response after going to their website and posting a question about it in there feedback section. Here's a link to their website. newsok.com

Oh, and the same show (oklahomans) is listed on friday night, June 23rd at 7:00 pm also.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt if they got a couple more e-mails about it. Hopefully they would clarify it on a news broadcast. good night ya'll.

Okay- I sent a letter to our local cbs. If anyone else wants to go to newsok.com and click feedback and ask about to, I am sure that would really help us Oklahomans out. When it ask for your city, just type in Oklahoma City. Sooner, could you locate a phone #?

Okay- I sent a letter to our local cbs. If anyone else wants to go to newsok.com and click feedback and ask about to, I am sure that would really help us Oklahomans out. When it ask for your city, just type in Oklahoma City. Sooner, could you locate a phone #?

I just looked on the KWTV9 website & they list a customer service phone # of (405) 478-7171. I am sure if you call that number someone can direct you to the right place to answer your question.

Also it does appear that if BB is not on at 7PM it will be shown at 2:30AM. I know it's a pain if you have to wait but you will get to see it :D

Hi all. I'm new on the board, I've been reading the boards for several years though. Y'all had me worried about watching BB next week, but I went to newsok.com and now I'm not so worried. They have a schedule here and if you set the time to Wed 6/21 @ 7:00 pm it shows Big Brother

http://www.newsok.com/entertainment/onnews9

I left a message for Peggy at CBS in programming. I will keep you other Oklahomans up to date. And hey, if we cant watch it until 2:30 in the morning at lease I know there are others that will be up late watching it with me.

Somebody at worked asked me if I was gonna set my VCR to record it if it came on at 2:30, I said, set my VCR? I'm gonna set my ALARM. :lol:

Hi all. I'm new on the board, I've been reading the boards for several years though. Y'all had me worried about watching BB next week, but I went to newsok.com and now I'm not so worried. They have a schedule here and if you set the time to Wed 6/21 @ 7:00 pm it shows Big Brother

http://www.newsok.com/entertainment/onnews9

Welcome Ali! I just joined myself. :D

Archived