Day 5: Archive

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

24 + 3 = HMMMM...: Although Fox is keeping a tight lid on plot details for the fifth season of 24, due to launch in January with two consecutive nights of two-hour movie events, more casting news is trickling out: On the heels of Carlos Bernard's announced return as Tony comes news that Jean Smart (Designing Women) has been cast as the wife of dimwit-in-chief President Logan. Also, Variety reports that Connie Britton (Spin City) will fill the role of Kiefer Sutherland's new on-screen love interest (farewell, forever-sobbing Audrey!) and Brady Corbett (Mysterious Skin) will play her son.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Ausiello

Question: Don't tell me Michelle's (Reiko Aylesworth) big surprise for next season's 24 is... Tony Jr.?!

Sadly, I think the surprise is going to have more to do with death than life.

Question: I was wondering if Chase (James Badge Dale) might return for Season 5 of 24.

Ausiello: According to his New York manager, there are no plans for him to return.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

HOBBIT JOINS 24: The Lord of the Rings hobbit Sean Astin has joined the cast of Fox's 24. Although he will work for CTU (which will still be headed by James Morrison's Bill Buchanan), the net isn't spilling another single bean about Astin's character, and it certainly isn't admitting that he will have furry feet. The clock starts ticking again on Jan. 8.

• 2 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

IT'S ALMOST TIME: Julian Sands, Peter Weller and JoBeth Williams are joining the cast of 24, which kicks off its fifth season on Jan. 15. Sands will portray billionaire baddie Vladimir Bierko, while Weller will play federal agent Christopher Henderson, the guy responsible for bringing Jack Bauer to CTU a decade ago. Williams will play Henderson's wife.

• 2 weeks later...

24 PREQUEL NEWS: This week's Season 4 DVD release of Fox's 24 features a "miniepisode," about 10 minutes in length, that bridges the gap between last season, at the end of which Jack staged his death, and the new one, which begins unspooling Jan. 15. Per Variety, the "prequel," set 14 months after the Season 4 finale, kicks off with a clandestine meeting between Jack and Chloe and ends with Kim being devoured by a mountain lion. OK, wishful thinking on that last part.

• 2 weeks later...

24 + 2 MORE: With Season 5 now less than a month away, Fox's 24 has announced two more hires: Two-time Tony Award nominee Jayne Atkinson will fill the role of Homeland Security official Karen Hayes, while Tony winner Stephen Spinella will play her subordinate, Miles. These additions, mind you, are in addition to Connie Britton as Jack's new honey, Sean Astin as a CTUer, Julian Sands as a baddie named Bierko, Jean Smart as President Doofball Logan's wife, and Peter Weller and JoBeth Williams as a federal agent and his wife. These new folks are so gonna steal time from my "Chloedgar" romance, aren't they?

oooo...Julian Sands...mmmm...

Sean Astin...

Another hobbit/ goonie gets a good job

Peter Weller...

Go Robocop Go!!

The new season is so close, everytime my microwave beaps, I think the show is starting... YEAH!!!

SPOILER ALERT.....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE.....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, MAGAZINE

Jack's Back!

Or is he? It

Courtesy of: AOL TELEVISION, TV TATTLER

Carlos Bernard Dishes About Five Thrilling Seasons of '24'

Dec. 27 -- Last season on '24,' when Tony Almeida came to Jack Bauer's rescue, it was only seven hours into the superagent's day but it felt like a lifetime to fans.

Well, everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. Carlos Bernard is back as Almeida for the fifth season of '24,' which begins Sun., Jan. 15. But for how long and in what capacity are being kept under wraps.

Bernard chatted with AOL Television editor Kelly Woo about the "amped up" season premiere, his favorite '24' moments and his status as a sex symbol.

When you first started on '24,' did you imagine it would get to its fifth season?

No, I never imagined that we were going to make it through the first year. Each step of the way, I've been amazed. That first of all it got picked up. Then, we were waiting for that 13th episode to see if we were going to get picked up for the rest of the season and we did. And every year, it's gone on and gotten better.

Tony's surprise entrance last season was one of the best moments from the show.

Can't ask for a better entrance than that.

Fans were really excited when he burst in to rescue Jack.

That was a nice surprise. That was very nice, I've heard that a lot. Jeez, we work hard on the show, we work a lot of hours over a lot of months. It really makes you feel good that people enjoy what you're working on.

How much of the storylines do you know in advance?

There are certain things that I know of. Tony's storyline for this year was really worked out between the head writers and myself before we started. So there are major things that I know that I've talked with them about, that are going to happen, but the specifics of it and how it's executed, that I'll get when I read the script.

So what IS going to happen this season?

First episode is pretty crazy. [Laughs] I can't believe how much goes in the first episode this year. It's amped up a whole 'nother notch. That's as much as I can tell you. Anything else is going to ruin it for people.

But you and Reiko Aylesworth as Tony's wife Michelle Dessler are definitely back at least for the premiere?

Yes.

Tony's been shot in the neck, he was branded a traitor, he lost his wife. What's it like playing someone with so many issues?

It's great, it's really great. That's one of the wonderful things about working on the show. A lot of TV shows, you can get into this feeling like you're on autopilot, like you're almost doing the same episodes over and over again for years. The great thing about this show is every year it's different, the character's in a different place. You can accumulate all those things like you listed that happen to the character, so that when you come back next year, there's a whole other chunk of baggage to mix into the character. It just makes it more fun as an actor.

Do you have a favorite season of '24'?

I really like the third season. I don't know

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Is Elisha Cuthbert really going to return as Kim Bauer for Season 5 of 24?

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: EW.COM

The Worst Day Ever

''24'' more! Top intel on the new season: Get details on Fox's thriller, back Jan. 15 with a slew of new characters to torment Kiefer Sutherland's Bauer by Dan Snierson

133544__24_l.jpg

HIS AIM IS TRUE ''I've learned more on this show than on any project I've ever done,'' Sutherland says of ''24''

SPOILER ALERT! THIS STORY CONTAINS PLOT INFORMATION ABOUT 24'S UPCOMING SEASON.

More chilling than a gun to the face, more terrifying than a holiday-season visit to the mall, is the challenge looming over Fox's 24: beat the score it set last season. (The nuclear reactor adventures of Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer averaged 11.9 million viewers

I DON'T KNOW JACK: Jack FM radio stations in New York, L.A., Chicago, Dallas and Minneapolis will do the unthinkable

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: The 24 dirt you promised, please!

Edited 1/16/06

Thank you fuskie. I posted the wrong spoiler here. Sorry for the error and thankx for letting me know it was wrong.

Neb, fantastic show. I guess Haysbert is doing well with the AllState commercials because I was not prepared for his assassination right off the bat. Tony and Michelle took me by surprise too.

For anyone who missed it, or lost the last 10 minutes due to football, here are recaps of the first two hours.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story...13&limit=&sort=

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story...14&limit=&sort=

Fuskie

Who is still catching his breath and thinks Morty should dedicated a board to 24...

This HAS to be the one premier in which you did not want to have anything in your mouth throughout the entire show.

I found myself pointing at the screen everyother minutes and yelling, "You're the Leak" or "You're the dirty one". I usually reserve that reaction for mid-season, but I couldn't help it.

Is it my imagination or is the new first lady going to be a white Sherry??

RIP President Palmer!

There have been a number of continuity errors. Stupid stuff as Jack's had touching the Mom in one shot, and then an instant switch to another angle with his hands by his sides. Even Jack doesn't move that fast. And how did Mastermind know that Jack had a personal connection to Derick? I do not recall that being mentioned in the converstion between Logan and Buchannan that Walt Cummings overheard.

There was also something Curtis said about jamming the explosives frequency when Chloe never said anything about what she and Spencer did at Jack's request. After Agent Price made such a big deal about the First Lady needing to be at the stage, he leaves her alone in the room with the scared attendant. I would have loved to have seen Martha tell her husband if he did not listen to her right then, she was going to file for divorce while he is in office and make it public.

The chain of command is completely caput. Why is Samwise reporting back to the White House if Buchannan is talking directly to Novick? And why does it seem to be standard protocol for Division to send in someone to interfere when ever there is a national crisis? Frankly, I would have expected Chloe to be the steel trap that remembered Flank2 was the duress code, rather than the babyfaced hatchet man.

Let me get this straight. Nerve gas is buried underneath Ontario International Airport in a secured vault? Didn't seem like yellow-tie had time to escape from the terminal and go anywhere else. And I didn't see any doors around the vault, just the hole opened up in the ceiling. Was this something intentionally hidden during construction? Lucy, you got some explainin' to do!

Liked Derick's expression when Jack said it was not over. It is like he keeps peeling layers off Jack, the man he initially did not trust, with more and more amazement as he realizes who and what he is in a world to which he never really paid any attention before. I half expected him to run to mom and say he wanted to be like Jack.

I loved the way Buchannan got b$tch-slapped twice in 5 minutes, first by Jack and then by Chloe. She has learned to control her smirk a bit but her biting sense of timing and ability to drive the nail into the point of the matter makes me like her more and more. What we need now is for her to make a mistake so that she loses the trust of Spencer (man is that boy tied by his testicles) and moreso Edgar, leaving SamWise her only ally in CTU.

At first I thought Derick and his mom were out of the story arc, but with both Jack and them heading back to CTU, we should still have an interesting encounter with Audrey. We also need an update on Tony. Remember Tony? This season started with Tony. Given CTU's propensity for allowing diversions during a crisis, I would have expected them to take a break for a memorial service for Palmer and Michelle.

So Walt Cummings mugs the First Lady to retrieve the incriminating evidence. If she had gone to Mike Novick like I first suggested, this would never have happened. It would have been a great story line if Cummings, who realized Novick was on to him, had disappeared right before the signing, further eroding Logan's self confidence.

Also surprised Jack didn't piece together that someone warned the terrorist leader Jack was there, and that meant a leak on the inside either in CTU or the Presidential detail. Besides, if Cummings had modified the tape (didn't seem like he had much time to do so), certainly there would have been a computer record of his accessing the archives.

While on the subject of Cummings, it was interesting that he was cautioning Logan not to cancel the signing. Seems to me that Mastermind (who has a command center, because we saw a glimpse of a technician) always intended for the terrorists to kill everyone in the airport terminal to make the signing look ineffective. This would weaken the President in any response to whatever he was planning.

Fuskie

Who thinks part of the fun of 24 is picking it apart afterwards...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

SUNDAY

"Relax, he's really good at this." You said it, Chloe. Jack's back, and all is wrong with the world once again

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

24 CASTS VEEP: Who can 24's President Logan count on, if not weaselly Walt? A rep for Ray Wise tells TVGuide.com that the actor

24 is back in prime form. After last season I was edging towards complacency, but I'm totally hooked once again! My two favorite characters (besides Jack of course)dead within the first 15 minutes, a smarmy worm-of-a-president, a "crazy" 1st lady BRILLIANTLY played by Jean Smart, a totally preposterous scenario... I LOVE THIS SHOW!

My only complaints-

I don't get the Chloe fixation...I know I'm going to hear it from people, but she annoys the heck out of me! Someone labeled her a hottie? puhleeze.....the only characters worse are Edgar and Kim, which leads to my second complaint...

Why are they bringing Kim back into it, and if they do, please oh please, let her meet her demise!...

My thoughts-

Jean Smart is the best thing going for the show this season...besides Jack, of course! She's nailed the role perfectly!

the VP has GOT to be involved- when does he surface?