Battle of the Network Reality Stars

nebartist

Bravo Announces Battle of the Network Reality Stars 4/29/05

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK REALITY STARS (6 x 1 hour)

Wednesday, August 10 at 9:00 p.m.

See stars like Omarosa and Richard Hatch in the dunk tank, try to navigate a kayak race and run a relay race! And watch as the final two network teams battle it out in the famed "tug of war"! In a homage to the great 70's battle of the biggest stars in network television,

Bravo takes some of today's biggest stars - the leading men and women of reality TV - and pits them against each other in a 6-episode tournament taking place at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. Simply put, we are updating the format of the much-loved 70's series complete with sweat suit and Speedo-clad reality stars that will be divided into teams based on the networks on which their shows aired. The winning team will get cash and prizes. "Battle of the Network Reality Stars" is being produced for Bravo by IMG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627
Just saw that Will Kirby and Mike "Boogie" Malin from BB2 will be on the newly announced "Battle of the Network Reality Stars" show that will premier on August 17 on teh Bravo Network.  Also in the contestant list will be Richard Hatch and Susan Hawk from Survivor 1.  This is a new show which is modeled on the 70's game show "Battle of the Network Stars".

For more on the new show see

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articl...tory.php?s=3572

i have seen some of the cast and it doesnt look to appealing(cast wise) there are people that you just didnt care for and dont care if they are there or not. i believe i said in another forum that there are only 4 people that i found interesting that were on the show, or what as been announced of it, and that is

richard(survivor borneo)

susan(survivor borneo)

charla(amazing race 5)

mirna(amazing race 5)

I think I'm kinda looking foward to this one. I also hear Mike and Coral will be on it for RR. I think there might be some good fights and competition on this.

"Real actors" are to concscience about their images and would never lower themselves to do a show like that. So I guess reality stars are the next best thing. Okay with me. I'm more familiar with reality stars than actors since I rarely watch scripted television.

That may be true but not all together at one place. I would love to see actors go out and make fools of themselves but I just don't see it happening on that grand of scale.

Guest powder_keg

Bravo

Bravo Reveals 'Battle of the Network Reality Stars' Cast

Premieres on Wednesday, August 17

NEW YORK - Bravo's summer debut of "Battle of the Network Reality Stars" will take some of today's biggest stars - 32 leading men and women from 16 reality TV shows - and pit them against each other as they test their athletic limits in honor of the hit series from the 70's.

The six episode one-hour series originating from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California will premiere on Wednesday, August 17 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. "Bravo continues to bring talent to television in an unexpected way with this summer's signature series that will bring to viewers the 'real' TV stars of today," said Lauren Zalaznick, President, Bravo.

Zalaznick continued, "Reality stars have taken the place of the sitcom stars of yesteryear and have made an impact on pop culture by providing laughter, tears and drama through their real life TV antics. Bravo's 'Battle of the Network Reality Stars' will unite the stars of the most recognized reality shows to infuse some good old-fashioned fun in this modern revival of a classic program from TV pop culture history."

Sideline reporters include Omarosa Manigault Stallworth from "The Apprentice," Bob Guiney from "The Bachelor," and Trishelle Cannatella from "The Real World," who will join the program's play-by-play host Mike Adamle, former host of NBC Sports and "American Gladiators."

The reality TV stars battling it out for cash and prizes include Chip & Kim and Charla & Mirna from the "The Amazing Race," Nikki McKibbin and Ryan Starr from "American Idol," Brittany Brower from "Americas Next Top Model," Heidi Bressler and Bradford Cohen from the "The Apprentice," Adam Mesh from "Average Joe," Tina 'Fabulous' Panas from "The Bachelor," Will Kirby (winner) and Mike 'Boogie' Malin from "Big Brother," Evan Marriott from "Joe Millionaire," Matt Kennedy Gould from "The Joe Schmo Show," Wendy Pepper from "Project Runway," Coral Smith and Mike 'The Miz' Mizanin from "The Real World," Theo Vonkurnatowski from "Road Rules," Duncan Nutter from "Showbiz Moms & Dads," Richard Hatch (winner) and Susan Hawk from "Survivor," Rachel Love-Fraser (winner) from "The Swan," and Valerie Penso from "Temptation Island," among others.

Cameos by original "Battle" participants who will play the role of referees include Loretta Swit from "M*A*S*H," Lou Ferrigno from "The Incredible Hulk," and Jimmie 'JJ' Walker from "Good Times." The updated format of the much-loved series is complete with teams of sweat suit and Speedo-clad reality stars that will partake in physical and aggressively competitive challenges reminiscent of the original program.

Nearly 30 years after its 1976 debut, Bravo will resurrect the wildly popular concept behind the original "Battle of the Network Stars," which was hosted by sports broadcasting legend Howard Cosell and featured notable competitors such as Billy Crystal, Farrah Fawcett, David Letterman, and Heather Locklear. Just as Katherine Bach of Daisy fame got dunked repeatedly in the original battle, you'll see Richard Hatch and Susan Hawk of "Survivor" get dunked in the new series.

TV's most cherished and loathed reality stars will compete in a joust, navigate a kayak race, and battle it out in the famed tug-of-war, among other challenges. In a nod to today's reality shows, twists and turns along the way force team members to vote each other off, create alliances, and generate unending drama and tears.

Here's the "Battle of the Network Stars" cast in list form:

• "The Amazing Race's" Chip & Kim and Charla & Myrna
  • "American Idol's" Nikki McKibbin and Ryan Starr
  • "Americas Next Top Model's" Brittany Brower
  • "The Apprentice's" Heidi Bressler and Bradford Cohen
  • "Average Joe's" Adam Mesh
  • "The Bachelor's" Tina 'Fabulous' Panas
  • "Big Brother's" Will Kirby (winner) and Mike 'Boogie' Malin
  • "Joe Millionaire's" Evan Marriott
  • "The Joe Schmo Show's" Matt Kennedy Gould
  • "Project Runway's" Wendy Pepper
  • "The Real World's" Coral Smith and Mike 'The Miz' Mizanin
  • "Road Rules'" Theo Vonkurnatowski
  • "Showbiz Moms & Dads'" Duncan Nutter
  • "Survivor's" Richard Hatch (winner) and Susan Hawk
  • "The Swan's" Rachel Love Frasier (winner)
  • "Temptation Island's" Valerie Penso

Darn teach me not to read more carefully. Isn't Omatrocious' 15 minutes of fame up YET???

SIGHHHHH :cry:

Count me in on that sigh, Lauren! Count me in! I say we pool our money and slip "The Miz" a bribe to do some damage! LOL! By the by, love the 'Omatrocious'! I say we make that her new name! LOL!

• 1 month later...

Ok I guess I'll be the first to say it...I watched it. I guess they are pretty much sticking to the format they used in the 70's (according to the show) which seemed to work pretty well almost 30 years later. It was pretty funny to see Chip trying to haul his massive body across those monkey bars and Mryna lose her shoe on the obstacle coarse. Watching Coral get dunked after spewing her big mouth had to make all the Coral haters stand up and cheer.

This show may work ..no big fights yet but seems on the previews for the weeks ahead it's gonna get nasty. The only drawback is that voting a team member out for the three lowest teams is such a worn idea. Let 'em all stay so we can enjoy all their wannabeness til the end!!

I watched it to and really liked it for the most part. Was good to see Will from bb5 and Richard Hatch and gervase. Didnt like Omorasso doing the interviews but actually didnt mind bachelor bob, liked the clips from the 70s show. Oh an I wish they would call the chick from the swan by her name instead of here comes the swan. it was kind of silly. Laughed at gervase's commentary on sue hawks plastic surgery. And Burton is yummy.

The only drawback is that voting a team member out for the three lowest teams is such a worn idea. Let 'em all stay so we can enjoy all their wannabeness til the end!!

I'm with you on this one! Keep the team count as it is! I'm watching it now in the wee hours of the morning on its umpteenth repeat for the show. Yes, the events are pretty much a reprise of the 70s. And, yes, the show is pretty lame but it's great fluff to pass the time in the early morning. So I'll be watching to see if any of my least favorite reality 'stars' redeem themselves to the viewers.

How great it is to see Chip and Kim McAllister on my TV screen again. I had the pleasure of spending some time with Chip and Kim this past year at an event and they truly are as nice and genuine as they appear to be. They proved it once again tonight in the elimination round. Even 'Dr. Evil' Will had to give them their props! I may wind up liking Will Kirby after all. *wink* How wonderful that karma led her back to her team that adores her and now respects her as well. With Chip at the helm, this team should prove to be worthy opponents.

Although this show has primarily MOST of the people I didn't like the first time around, there is only one that still makes my skin crawl. That would be Jonathan Baker from "The Amazing Race." I really don't care if he's "making good TV" or if he truly is the jerk he portrays, I just wish he would go away into reality television oblivion.

It was great to see Austin Scarlett from "Project Runway" doing fashion commentary. Although it would have been a hoot to get the cynical barbs from the chain-smoking winner of 'Runway,' Jay Carroll. As for the roving reporters, Bob Guiney is the only one that seems to be doing his job well but he has had some experience in this role before. Trishelle Canatella and Omarosa are just too wooden in their delivery and too focused on their own camera time to be good at the interviewing task. Thank goodness they have Mike Adamle for a touch of professionalism.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Insider

Can an Average Joe Be a Battle Star?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

He didn't win the tug-of-war for beauty pageant queen Larissa Meek's heart, but Average Joe: Hawaii runner-up Brian Worth hopes to fare better with an actual rope on Bravo's Battle of the Network Reality Stars (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET). Can the Beantown bean counter drop people into the dunk tank as easily as he drops his R's? TVGuide.com spoke with Worth about Joe, rubbing Larissa's face in it and living up to Gabe Kaplan's legacy.

TVGuide.com: One of those online petition sites is lobbying for you to get your own Average Joe: Adam Returns-type spin-offs.

Brian Worth: I saw that! I have Googled my name a few times to see what the hell is going on out there and boy, that was wacky. Actually, [the Joe] producers came to watch me on my second appearance on The Wayne Brady Show and they were like, "Brian what are we going to do? Are we going to do what I think we're going to do?" It never happened, unfortunately. But I would have done it. Picking and choosing [from a bevy of babes] is a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

TVGuide.com: You popped up during Adam's show, right?

Worth: I was in L.A. for The Tonight Show, and one of the [Joe] producers said, "Since you're out here, we're filming Adam's show down in Palm Springs. Why don't we bring you down there?" And when I got down there, they said, "We have an idea: What would you think about watching the finale with the girls?" I'll tell you, it's like reliving your worst breakup! I got emotional. I was like, "Oh, my god, this is tough."

TVGuide.com: When the series airs, women invariably root for the Joes. Has that proven true in real life?

Worth: Oh, yeah. Believe it or not, I'm still recognized all over the place, even when I travel for work. I think it's because of the emotional investment. Women usually say to me, "I would have picked you. She made a bad decision." Even guys are like, "Oh, man, I had a lump in my throat when she didn't pick you." Larissa actually told me that she got hate mail. I don't endorse that whatsoever but... see what happens when you don't pick me? [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: What's been the best part of post-Joe life?

Worth: The outpouring of emotion from the people who come up to me. They related to me, identified with me. And, of course, I got to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Fenway Park

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Wha... huh? OK, I literally fell asleep while watching this show. That's not a good sign. Thanks to the magic of TiVo, I caught up on what I "missed," but it really wasn't all that much. Don't get me wrong: I love watching competitions, I live for the Olympics and I was just watching the energetic preteens on the Little League World Series. But observing these people, argue over silly little things like who is going to play Simon Sez is just plain boring. Even Jimmy "JJ" Walker couldn't make this a good time. And the only time I've ever appreciated dodgeball was in the crazy Ben Stiller movie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

I actually laughed at this show this week, but it was mostly at the fact that the entire cast of Battle knew touch-football judge William Katt and serenaded him with the theme song to The Greatest American Hero. It figures that these children of the '70s and '80s had fun with the classic show. Personally, I'm digging all the clips of the old-school fashions, like Scott Baio with a shaggy 'do and headband and the patented Farrah hair flip. Those classic moments are more genuine and entertaining than this current dreck. The reality folks are mostly unlikable, plus you have to deal with things like the outspoken Coral justifying her decision to have her teammate Gervase run the 100-yard dash by making the silly comment, "Considering that we have a Kenyan on our team, I guess we'll pick him." It's a pretty sad state when that is the only memorable thing in an episode, besides The Amazing's Jonathan being a total jerk

Well I was sad to see Coral's team get eliminated and by the team of rejects at that. Well maybe not so much her team as Coral herself. I have to admit she is my favorite reality "bad girl" or "bitch" as some people call her. Tonight's show was preyty funny especially when Theo launched his water polo ball in that dufus Adam's face. Hilarious. My bet is Team Miz will win the whole thing they seem to have a well rounded team.

Guest ranster627

Another week, another off-putting comment from Coral. The big-mouthed gal put her foot in her mouth when she assessed her team's chances at winning inner-tube water polo: "We have three African Americans on our team. There is no way we're taking this home. It's over for us. Look around you; all you see is dark skin." Her defeatist attitude was proved right, but ironically, Team Chip was the big winner, thanks to their captain's excellent defense. He was a bit more PC in his judgment of the challenge: "They don't have that [game] in the 'hood. But all you've got to do is put a big body in the middle." But for every mild-mannered player like Chip, you've got a loudmouth like Nikki McKibbin