Windfall

Sheri

Did anybody happen to catch this last night (Thursday) It seemed pretty interesting.Two of the couples are having an affair with each others spouses. A young man has a past that involves a crime. Seems like it's going to take more than the winning lottery numbers to settle this folks down.

I caught it last night (re airing it tonight i'm pretty sure) Thought it was pretty good. It has some potential. Was nice to see Luke Perry all growed up. Not really seem him since 90210. should be fun to see how much trouble this group gets themselves in with all that Money. lol

Hey, I love Luke Perry, thats the reason I watched the show the other night. I liked the show, it was good, not great but good. It has potential. THey jsut wont he money, I am sure once they have the money, things will get really interesting. I already hate Luke Perry's wife on the show. I love seeing him as a father, hell, I love just being able to see him. I look forward to seeing the next show.

I watched it. Liked it. I love Luke Perry. I will be turning it on again next week.

Lol...i didnt' notice i posted twice. I was having problems and thought my post didn't go on, so i shortened it, I guess i should have checked it the one before had actually posted.

I thought it was okay for a new summer show. I do kind of get tired of the "money makes everything worse" themes. I did miss some of it, maybe there's a character who does something positive with the $$. The kid who bought the sports team...why does he look familiar?

Well in the first eppy the one nurse chick "went off" on that Dr. and then went and took that waitress a check for her operation. Those were two good things. :D

OK, Now I'm disappointed,did anybody happen to see the 2 wives when they first got in Paris,It was just a background of Paris.I've seen better scenes on Pee Wees Big Adventure :lol:

Come on NBC....They just won the lottery and you might have had a hit show if it wasn't for that scene!!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Windfall

by Angel Cohn

June 8, 2006: Money Changes Everything

In Windfall, 20 acquaintances converge at one party, put a dollar each in a jar, and end up winning $386 million. Though I've never been to a party like that, it's not a half-bad idea. But what if you don't really like the people you are sharing the cash with? In this group alone there are obviously deserving people

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

24 Alumna Enjoys a Windfall

by Angel Cohn

060615insider1.jpg

Sarah Wynter, Windfall

If you've ever imagined winning a boatload of bucks in the lottery, Windfall is the show for you. The new NBC drama (Thursdays at 10 pm/ET) is quickly steaming up the airwaves with lots of love triangles and cash problems. Sarah Wynter, who got her big break as Jack Bauer's love interest on 24, feels like she won the lottery by landing a role in the cast. TVGuide.com caught up with the Aussie-born actress to find out if money really does change everything.

TVGuide.com: In case people missed last week's premiere, how would you describe Windfall?

Sarah Wynter: It is about a group of 20 friends, a mixture of married couples and single people, who get together every week and have a potluck dinner at someone's house. Sometimes there are stragglers, or people will bring people from out of town, but it is an informal get-together where someone takes a coffee can filled with one-dollar bills that everyone puts in, then goes to the store and buys lottery tickets. They win almost $400 million and, of course, all their lives change. It is more or less a cautionary tale of "Be careful what you wish for" and "What would you do if all your dreams came true?" It is not a sitcom

Windfall

June 22, 2006: The Greed for Green

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Someone is out there falsely claiming that they are the true lotto winner instead of pizza delivery girl Kimberly. We at home all know that spoiled Sunny is lying since we saw Kimberly put her dollar in the can, but what I don't get is why if they specifically have these lotto parties, why everyone didn't put in a buck. It's only a dollar, Sunny couldn't put one dollar in the kitty? Doesn't make much sense. But then again, I'm confused by Cameron's sudden interest in a child that isn't his, so I guess maybe a lot on this show doesn't make sense.

The only storyline that I find myself truly engaged in is the teens, Damian and Frankie and the love triangle that is forming with his Russian bride. Loved Damian trying to explain proper usage of the word beyotch to his wife. But the chemistry and interaction between the three of them is much more interesting to me than whatever is going on with Luke Perry and his dream of owning a motorcycle factory, or even Sean's sordid history. I guess I should be more concerned with the fact that Zoe apparently has been abducted, but I feel like with all these characters, I barely got to know her. The drug addicted blackmailer has had more screen time than she did. Still, while some of the show is starting to get a bit dull, I still find the idea of these lotto winners intriguing and will stick around to see how it plays out.

Posted by: Angel Cohn 06/23/2006 8:38 AM

Windfall

by Angel Cohn

June 29, 2006: The Rich Get Robbed

I don't really follow the lives of lotto winners, but do people really seek them out and ransack their homes? Do reporters still follow them around weeks and weeks later? At least, I think it is weeks and weeks later; the timeline on this show is so confusing. I mean one day they are getting advice from the police, and Frankie is watching her father hit on a girl who looks like she could be a classmate. Then she's across country with her mom, who has bought a really massive apartment, and making out with Damien. And then she's back home. So all over the place. Same with Nina and Peter: their story seemed to happen over the course of a weekend, but it must have been one long weekend. I know they've got money, but it still takes time to buy a house and move in and such. Oh, and their argument was so unpassionate. When Nina complained that they "never used to fight like this," I almost chuckled because it was such a boring fight that I wouldn't even classify as a heated discussion. And are we supposed to think that Peter engaged in something other than deep-sea fishing on his trip? It could be interesting if he remained faithful while Nina pushed Cameron away.

Other random things:

Windfall

by Angel Cohn

July 6, 2006: Secrets & Lies

I've decided that instead of giving up on this show entirely

Windfall

by Angel Cohn

July 13, 2006: Any Way the Wind Blows

OK, I said last week that I was only going to write about the story lines that interested me. So... hmm... well, I guess the parts with Frankie and her new babysitter/bodyguard were kind of cute. Their playing basketball together was mildly amusing, although Damien should have known that there was no way that Frankie would take him back so easily. I really don't feel bad for him at all. And then there is Nina getting her house back. That was kind of sweet, but does it really matter in the scheme of things? I thought it was kind of silly that her daughter got arrested for riding her bike in the first place. I think that I've hit my threshold between the really predictable plotline with the lawyer (oh, come on, you know he's the one that's been behind all the bad stuff) and the painful-to-watch dissolution of Cameron's marriage.... I think I might have to stop watching this show